Funny Pictures Thread. It begins again

Kohlkopfstrasse - cabbage head street. Either they used to sell produce here, or the residents were a bit, you know, off.
I assumed it was deliberately cut off because most keyboards don't come with a ß symbol to type "Kohlkopfstraße."

--Patrick

Dave

Staff member
I assumed it was deliberately cut off because most keyboards don't come with a ß symbol to type "Kohlkopfstraße."

When my family came from Germany they changed their name because their wasn't an ß in English. So our last name went from Nißes to Nihsen. Why not "Nissen"? Because they broke it down by syllable and that's what it became. That's why if you see someone with that spelling they are related to me.

When my family came from Germany they changed their name because their wasn't an ß in English. So our last name went from Nißes to Nihsen. Why not "Nissen"? Because they broke it down by syllable and that's what it became. That's why if you see someone with that spelling they are related to me.
That is like a friend, their family name came from a mixed Mexican/English family. When the father died (English) the mother changed the name to a Spanish sounding one, because she could never pronounce the English last name.

fade

Staff member
Don't like 30 people post links showing that's a valid, known use of that machine every time that gets reposted?

Holy moly, I didn't realize how much of that 7900X + fire extinguisher meme was based on actual fact:
Motherboard manufacturers could have and should have known that Intel's Skylake-X CPUs would consume power indiscriminately, in spite of the company's laughably low TDP specifications. Everyone has access to Intel's datasheets, not just us. [...] can we hit the 300W mark without our system dying a fiery death using our trusty Alphacool Eiszeit 2000 Chiller? To make a long story short: yes, we can...for about 10 minutes. After that, the voltage converters hit 105°C and the CPU’s frequency drops to 1.2 GHz with a power consumption of 70W. That’s enough for the components to recuperate quickly, after which the whole sequence starts over, resulting in an endless loop.
That means they're actually putting out about 100W more than I thought they were. Ouch. Do not want.

--Patrick

Encounter Critical and Timecube are the only one's I've not heard of.

I've played none of them, though.

(No, that's not true. I've played one session of Pathfinder. )