Funny Pictures Thread. It begins again

I forget where (it might've been here) but it said something to the effect of "every funny tumblr screenshot always ends with a reply of someone effectively saying 'that was funny'" and its broken tumblr screenshots for me forever.

Me: Hmm, I wonder if one could bike from Halifax to PEI...

Google Maps: How about take the Digby ferry, bike through New Brunswick and Quebec and take ANOTHER ferry allllll the way around like this?!

Me: Thanks Google Maps, that's great. Definitely the most direct route. Any other options?

Google Maps: NOPE.
Screenshot_20220406-162019_Maps.jpg

GasBandit

Staff member
He said, as if any sane person would even consider attempting crossing the vast swaths of undeveloped wasteland that is the fabled Canadas in anything less than an arctic cat!

Google Maps: How about take the Digby ferry, bike through New Brunswick and Quebec and take ANOTHER ferry allllll the way around like this?!

Me: Thanks Google Maps, that's great. Definitely the most direct route. Any other options?

View attachment 41152
I like that they try to fool you with the obviously fake yellow lines between Halifax and PEI. Those guys are sneaky.

He said, as if any sane person would even consider attempting crossing the vast swaths of undeveloped wasteland that is the fabled Canadas in anything less than an arctic cat!
And not like an Arctic Cat like a machine or something. We ride tamed Canadian Arctic cats! They replaced the sled dogs a few years ago.
Post automatically merged:

I like that they try to fool you with the obviously fake yellow lines between Halifax and PEI. Those guys are sneaky.
To be fair, I'm not allowed on those, either. No bikes on the highways.

View attachment 41152
"Steep hills"
Yes that is definitely the biggest obstacle to this trip thanks for the warning.

--Patrick

Not sure if it still works, but you used to be able to look up walking instructions from New York to London which included the step "Swim Across the Atlantic Ocean"

Edit: checked, doesn't work anymore

Yeah, Google has pretty much killed almost all the fun little Easter eggs on Maps.
If you tried to walk to Mordor you also got a message saying one could not simply walk in, for example, while now you just get a list to Mordor Ink Shop and whatever. It's a shame.