Funny Pictures Thread. It begins again

GasBandit

Staff member
I had always assumed this is what would happen if any Halforumites hooked up. Hell, I assume this is how our married Halforumites refer to each other. It's more fun that way.
Before I was on halforums (and before I met Pauline), I did meet another girl via an internet chat room.

And yes, I did once, in the throes of passion, refer to her by her chat handle.

And yes she did get upset, but then later decided it wasn't something to get upset over after all. There ended up being other issues though, and the relationship didn't last but a couple months.

So, yeah, when I got together with Pauline, I made EXTRA SURE to avoid the whole problem by making the extra effort to never call her "Chikii" out loud in real life (unless it was in ventrilo or something and I was telling a guildmate to "ask Chikii" or something).

Before I was on halforums (and before I met Pauline), I did meet another girl via an internet chat room.

And yes she did get upset, but then later decided it wasn't something to get upset over after all. There ended up being other issues though, and the relationship didn't last but a couple months.

So, yeah, when I got together with Pauline, I made EXTRA SURE to avoid the whole problem by making the extra effort to never call her "Chikii" out loud in real life (unless it was in ventrilo or something and I was telling a guildmate to "ask Chikii" or something).
People I know in real life call me Poe.

But not when having sex, the gag fixes that.

With all the guys (or friends in general) I've met through on-line, I've never been called any of my screen names. Although, I meant it more in jest like, "L-" "Uh uh. You know what I like." "Celt Z?" "Yeah, that's the stuff..." :D

When Gas was at my house and my husband got home, I couldn't decide if I should introduce him by his forum handle or his actual name. Not that my husband didn't recognize his voice instantly and know he was going to be there. (Sorry this story is not more exciting :p)

There's quite a few people that call me "Den" IRL. Mostly Americans that met me online first, and half my friends circle in Spain (I've had this handle since age... 10?).

I've met one person from a forum IRL (not this one) and we instantly went to real names. I wouldn't even respond to my username I think.

I view everyone’s avatar, handle, or even online persona as a representation of (at least some facet of) the person behind it, regardless of how accurate that representation may or may not be. I try ridiculously hard to make sure my references to people are contextually appropriate, e.g., not referring to anyone by their real name if they don’t refer to themselves by their real name.

That said, I also try to make sure my online persona accurately reflects my real one, because I personally don’t ever want to deal with having to remember which fake face I have to wear in any particular situation. I have enough trouble remembering how to behave around others IRL, that’s why I’m on a forum in the first place.

—Patrick

... Dammit, you Americans and your silly, unintuitive city names. And don't get me started on your imperial measurements.
There is a kansas city, kansas. Its just that its right on the state border and theres also a Kansas City, Missouri. As in all cases, the Missouri part is vastly superior to the kansas part.