Funny Pictures Thread. It begins again

I agree with you that some stories are too good not to be told, but for me, there's stories that are better told orally (heh, heh ..."oral") and left up to the listener's memory to recall.
You just have to catch me in person, and maybe after a drink or so. Then I tell the good stories.
I have 2 stories I love to trot out, my best date ever (a three day fling, in which I think I was used as a callgirl's birthday present to herself ) and my worst date ever (a 24 hour-long drunken crawl that included getting kicked out of a taxi during the evening rush hour because we were getting too frisky)

I must tell the stories wrong, though, because almost everyone thinks I get the best and worst reversed

figmentPez

Staff member
The first image is an allusion to a series of State Farm Insurance commercials, where bad shit happens and is solved when someone sings "Like a good neighbor, state farm is there!"
Oh! I guess I wasn't expecting it to be that simple. I was assuming something regional and more specific to tire repair or something.

fade

Staff member
I am pretty sure they know something went down, but I don't think they ever figured out exactly what it was, or how many were there. Some of the broken things I was able to space out over the next six months or so as "oops I just broke this, sorry" and revealing it then. The biggest pain in the ass was my Dad's movie directory. I think I've said before my father had several thousand movies on VHS, recorded off HBO and stuff, like 3 movies to a tape. So he had to catalog them with a special system, and he typed up the complete catalog in a DBASE database. However, he went several years without updating it, instead merely making hand notations on the hard copy printout when he added new movies. That hard copy (about an inch thick of dot matrix printout) got a pitcher of beer spilled on it. I threw it out, then a couple months later claimed I accidentally ruined it with soda. I didn't realize the magnitude of the loss. I spent 3 weeks of that summer re-cataloging all the videos with my father and updating the database.

Still worth it.[DOUBLEPOST=1517545835,1517545684][/DOUBLEPOST]
It's decidedly less sexy. In fact, you pretty much have the whole story, there. When I was in college I had a turbocharged MX-6. One night around midnight my friends and I got drunk and took it out to Socorro Municipal Airport, got out on the runway, and gunned it. "Trying to take off," I called it, or some such. I think I got it to about 105 (that'd be about 170kph) before I had to slam on the brakes and swerve to not go off the end, into the sagebrush and tumbleweeds.
I've done this in grad school on the old runway at Texas A&M auxiliary campus.

figmentPez

Staff member
In case anyone doesn't know "Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra and then suddenly it flips over, pinning you underneath. At night, the ice weasels come." is a quote from Matt Groening.