Funny Pictures Thread. It begins again

GasBandit

Staff member
Fun fact - when I was a kid, I thought those heavy sandbags were suspended above the stages specifically to be dropped on people, I didn't understand they were counterweights. The only thing I'd ever been seen them used for was dropping on people. And, of course, because I was a kid, I just accepted that was how things were, and it didn't strike me as the least bit odd that the theater would do something so meaningless and dangerous.

Fun fact - when I was a kid, I thought those heavy sandbags were suspended above the stages specifically to be dropped on people, I didn't understand they were counterweights. The only thing I'd ever been seen them used for was dropping on people. And, of course, because I was a kid, I just accepted that was how things were, and it didn't strike me as the least bit odd that the theater would do something so meaningless and dangerous.
I don't think I knew what anvils were for until I started playing runescape at about the age of 12.

GasBandit

Staff member
Twitter's thinking of increasing their character limit to 280. Opinions on the matter are divided. I think the whole medium is idiotic anyway, and this helps illustrate one of the reasons why:

Twitter's thinking of increasing their character limit to 280. Opinions on the matter are divided. I think the whole medium is idiotic anyway, and this helps illustrate one of the reasons why:

You wouldn't see someone write a 10 paragraph essay, put a program to split it into 140 character chunks, and tweet it. Each tweet is still it's own idea (when the thread is done well).

Yes I know a certain cheeto colored individual does "threads" the way I describe but I don't consider him to be good at things anyways.

For all it's faults, Twitter is amazing and there might not be a website that I'd miss more.
Their PR department has shot itself in the foot so many times, both legs have been amputated to the hip. The 280-character boost is bullshit.

I'd lock the whole staff in the building until such time they actually start reigning in the abusive accounts. Beginning with Der Cheetofuhrer.

The longer they take to implement the plan, the more privileges get taken away, like bathroom, food, water... air. :p

I'd lock the whole staff in the building until such time they actually start reigning in the abusive accounts. Beginning with Der Cheetofuhrer. The longer they take to implement the plan, the more privileges get taken away, like bathroom, food, water... air. :p
You could always try the Jesse Ventura method.

JVdog.gif

--Patrick