Funny Pictures Thread. It begins again

I know it's a touchy subject, but I figured if FB allowed it, and I put it in spoilers with a warning, eh. But oh well. honestly, if I'd have made the picture I'd have chosen another word as well, the joke works fine with something else on the shirt.

fade

Staff member
Honestly, the n-word is just about one of the worst words you could say here in the US. For good reason. This is the word people "used to" use when justifying treating human beings like less than garbage, including verbal, emotional, and physical abuse, murder, torture, etc. I put "used to" in quotes because unfortunately, some people still do.

GasBandit

Staff member
I don't doubt your assertions, but I did not see the offending/post/image/whatever in the first place.
It was a two panel joke, the first panel was a photograph of a young black man wearing a t-shirt with the word "CAT" on it, and the second frame was a cat wearing a shirt with a racial epithet on it.

A person of presumably African descent, wearing a t-shirt of Caterpillar, just saying "CAT", juxtaposed with a cat wearing a shirt with the n-word on it.

GasBandit

Staff member
They even come in versions you can wear around your wrist, so you can still ignore them while on your phone and keep them close!
Frankly it's a wonder to me that parents don't just swaddle their crotchspawn and lock them in a closet until they're legal adults, and then just eject them into the uncaring world like a t-shirt from a compressed air cannon.

Frankly it's a wonder to me that parents don't just swaddle their crotchspawn and lock them in a closet until they're legal adults, and then just eject them into the uncaring world like a t-shirt from a compressed air cannon.
Ah, I see you're a proponent of the Dwarf Fortress school of child-rearing!

Isn't that why we have a generation of college students who demand safe spaces from thoughts and ideas?

fade

Staff member
You mean the suburbs?

Isn't that why we have a generation of college students who demand safe spaces from thoughts and ideas?
We just aren't so PC that we entertain the idea that all opinions are valid. Sorry but you're not such a special snowflake that your ideas deserve merit. :)