[Funny] Funny Pictures! (Keep em clean, folks!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

fade

Staff member
It was "Introduction to Mac OS X". The guy with the Acer was failing, and they guy with the pencil was just some homeless dude off the street.

I though Macs were supposed to be the intuative computer that you didn't need a comp sci degree to understand?! what what what?!?!?!?! ;p

I'm going to go all HP nerd/party pooper for a second.

The time turner only allows a short period of time travel. There's no way that they could have gone all the way to prevent the death of his parents. Even if they had the time turner at the time of their deaths, voldemort was standing right in front of them. Keep in mind that during the original war, not even Dumbledore was able to stand up to Voldemort.

The time turner only allows a short period of time travel. There's no way that they could have gone all the way to prevent the death of his parents. Even if they had the time turner at the time of their deaths, voldemort was standing right in front of them. Keep in mind that during the original war, not even Dumbledore was able to stand up to Voldemort.
Personally, I always thought it was because Dumbledore didn't want Harry's parents to interfere with his plans to beat Voldemort. A lot harder to send a child to his death when his parents are still around.

fade

Staff member
Keep in mind that during the original war, not even Dumbledore was able to stand up to Voldemort.
Really? The only comparison in power I remember was them saying (and they seemed to say it a lot) that the only person Voldemort was afraid of was Dumbledore. I thought it was funny anyway. It's not even technically correct, since Buckbeak never died thanks to the time loop.

W

wana10

they go back a few hours with one in book 3. Why doesn't dumbles get the news the potters are dead, pop back a few hours, and then remove them from their obviously compromised safe-house before voldemort even arrives that evening?

(Don't mistake this for any actual ostracization of your discussion. I just felt this was the most opportune time to post this gif I'd ever get.)

S

SeraRelm

You missed the unicorns coming back then, and Harry sort of.. well..
You get the idea...

they go back a few hours with one in book 3. Why doesn't dumbles get the news the potters are dead, pop back a few hours, and then remove them from their obviously compromised safe-house before voldemort even arrives that evening?
Most likely is that no one saw it coming. Buckbeak never died, Future Harry and Hermoine set him free (in the "Present") before he was going to be killed. How Dumbledore knew Buckbeak would play a key role in rescuing Sirius is beyond me though.. But it's safe to say he never saw Harry's parents' death coming (since it was made abundantly clear that everyone trusted Wormtail). After their deaths, it would already be too late to save them (because it it wasn't, they wouldn't have died in the first place)

Even if someone finds that hard to believe, there's also plenty easy ways out: they weren't invented yet, or hardly anyone knew about them yet (top-secret? Department of Mysteries, after all), or no one was allowed to use it during the war (too easy to fall in the wrong hands).

Also stray observation: is there any mention of a limit to how far someone could go back? All I remember is Dumbledore saying for three hours, turn it three times. What if you turn it 1000 times?

/nerd nitpick

Status
Not open for further replies.