Free Arby's BBQ Bacon Cheddar Roastburger Coupon

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a veggie, it doesn't matter much to me, but thanks to the internet I look at that sandwich and see cheese, onion rings, barbecue sauce, lettuce, tomato, bacon and a bun all surrounding Lindsey Lohan's vagoo.

No thankee, sai.

sixpackshaker said:
no, it looks like a 10 lb block of loose salami. then you bake it for a few hours and slice it really thin, and viola! Roast Beef!
Are we talking about the sandwich or the vagoo?

Well, I took the plunge. I even printed two and pulled off the perfect crime using one inside and one in the drivethru, since I was meeting my wife for lunch. In the name of science I got the onion ringed bastard. Fairly disappointing. Way too much crappy BBQ sauce. Never did notice the onion rings, so the jury is still out on that (though I'm still leaning toward "fuck that noise"). They either over-cooked the roast beef to make it more "burgery" or that's just how Arby's beef is now. The bun was pretty good, I'll admit, and I wouldn't object to getting a decent burger on it at a real restaurant.

Also, getting the two drinks for the deal plus a large fries to split (which sucked, BTW) cost about $4.50. For that, I could have gotten a two-pack of burritos at Trader Joe's, a couple bananas, and a bag of chips. Which is a far superior quick lunch for two (though you have to *gasp* heat up the burritos yourself).

So although I'm usually "that guy" who abuses this kind of coupon, I won't be taking them up on it again. And probably won't go near an Arby's unless dying of hunger.

C

Chazwozel

Jake said:
I'd give whoever brought me that burger the same look I give barmaids who put lemon in my hefeweizen. There's no smiley that does it justice.

Jake, I agree with you on THAT topic wholeheartedly.

Any dumb bitch that puts any lemon in my beer gets no tip! There are certain beers that i get that I get pissed off over if they're served in a frosty mug too.

C

Chibibar

I'm gonna try this burger tonight..

too much BBQ sauce?? dang. I hate too much sauce, I'll be sure to tell them to give me light sauce (i.e less sauce) if possible. or no sauce and I'll put them on myself ;)

Chaz: Glad I don't drink beer. I always wonder why over a frosty mug and what is with the lemon?

S

Steven Soderburgin

Whoa, whoa, waitaminute
Jake said:
WHAT HO YON BARMAID

FETCH ME MY MEAD

AND A POX ON YOUR FAMILY SHOULD CURSED FRUIT TOUCH MY REFRESHMENT

-- Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:13 pm --

WENCH, PREPARE FOR ME A CUT OF BEEF BETWEEN TWO BREAD PIECES AND AND TOP IT WITH PORK FAT

IF YOU DRESS IT WITH A SAUCE THAT IS NOT TO MY LIKING I WILL TAKE IT UP WITH YOUR LORD AND HE WILL NOT BE PLEASED

C

Chazwozel

Chibibar said:
I'm gonna try this burger tonight..

too much BBQ sauce?? dang. I hate too much sauce, I'll be sure to tell them to give me light sauce (i.e less sauce) if possible. or no sauce and I'll put them on myself ;)

Chaz: Glad I don't drink beer. I always wonder why over a frosty mug and what is with the lemon?

Lemon makes piss poor beer taste palatable

Frosty mugs because most light pilsners taste good that way (Budweiser), so almost universally all restaurants assume ALL beer is good ice cold.

-- Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:14 pm --

Kissinger said:
Whoa, whoa, waitaminute
Jake said:
WHAT HO YON BARMAID

FETCH ME MY MEAD

-- Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:13 pm --

WENCH, PREPARE FOR ME A CUT OF BEEF BETWEEN TWO BREAD PIECES AND AND TOP IT WITH PORK FAT

IF YOU DRESS IT WITH A SAUCE THAT IS NOT TO MY LIKING I WILL TAKE IT UP WITH YOUR LORD AND HE WILL NOT BE PLEASED

Dude, have you ever been to a pub or tavern?

S

Steven Soderburgin

Jake said:
Try drinking at a place that doesn't serve in plastic cups, chief.
says the guy who just went to the trouble of tricking an Arby's into taking two coupons.

-- Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:16 pm --

Chazwozel said:
Yeah, and they had waiters, waitresses, and bartenders.

Kissinger said:
Jake said:
says the guy who just went to the trouble of tricking an Arby's into taking two coupons.

Chazwozel said:
"Oh, waiter? Waiter? Do I get free Zima refills?"

L

Lally

I don't even like that kind of sandwich and I'm practically foaming at the mouth.

Stupid delicious horrible fast food. I know it's horrible. It's also so delicious. Stupid diet.

[quiet weeping]

C

Chibibar

to a non-beer drinker. What do you recommend? I have tried some beer (bud and stuff) and didn't like it. I do love hard liquor but don't get to drink often since I'm the DD.

C

Chibibar

DarkAudit said:
Chibibar said:
to a non-beer drinker. What do you recommend? I have tried some beer (bud and stuff) and didn't like it. I do love hard liquor but don't get to drink often since I'm the DD.
What are you eating with it?
originally nothing... just drinking and watching a movie. (I don't even eat popcorn)

but after looking at the list.... I have a craving for Nachos......... not sure why.

Kissinger said:
WHAT HO YON BARMAID

FETCH ME MY MEAD

That
shit
had
me
rolling.
:rofl: :rofl: :thumbsup:

Chibibar said:
I have tried some beer (bud and stuff) and didn't like it.
Bud hardly qualifies as beer. As for breaking into the beer world, my anecdotal evidence suggests that hops are the main barrier to entry, so avoid hoppy styles (pale ale, IPA, some German lagers, etc.) at first. On the lighter side, hefeweizen (cloudy wheat beer) and witbier (Belgian white ale, like Hoegaarden) are kind to beginners. Dark beer might seem a little daunting, but beers like Guinness are actually lighter than most pale ales. Stouts can be a little roasty and bitter at first, though. A nice strong scotch ale like McEwans might be a good bet.

Chibibar said:
I have a craving for Nachos
Negra Modelo is the way to go.

-- Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:39 pm --

DarkAudit said:
Chibibar said:
What are you eating with it?
Nice list. Most of those pairings are making my mouth water.

Though I think some of the dessert pairings are too close in taste instead of complementary.

S

Steven Soderburgin

Jake said:
Bud hardly qualifies as beer. As for breaking into the beer world, my anecdotal evidence suggests that hops are the main barrier to entry, so avoid hoppy styles (pale ale, IPA, some German lagers, etc.) at first. On the lighter side, hefeweizen (cloudy wheat beer) and witbier (Belgian white ale, like Hoegaarden) are kind to beginners. Dark beer might seem a little daunting, but beers like Guinness are actually lighter than most pale ales. Stouts can be a little roasty and bitter at first, though. A nice strong scotch ale like McEwans might be a good bet.
Yo, seconding this. Really, avoid American lagers in general. My preferred relaxing beers are usually amber ales, but you really should explore a lot of different types to find what you like, slowly breaking into hoppier beers.

Beer is so fucking delicious

C

Chazwozel

Kissinger said:
Jake said:

Chazwozel said:
Mr. Webster would like to pull you by the ear lobe to the corner.

Main Entry:
bar·maid Listen to the pronunciation of barmaid
Pronunciation:
\?bär-?m?d\
Function:
noun
Date:
circa 1658

: a woman who serves liquor at a bar

Main Entry:
wait·ress Listen to the pronunciation of waitress
Pronunciation:
\?w?-tr?s\
Function:
noun
Date:

: a woman who waits tables (as in a restaurant)
— waitress intransitive verb

Main Entry:
bar·tend·er Listen to the pronunciation of bartender
Pronunciation:
\?bär-?ten-d?r\
Function:
noun
Date:

: a person who serves drinks at a bar
— bar·tend Listen to the pronunciation of bartend \?bär-?tend\ intransitive verb

Main Entry:
tav·ern Listen to the pronunciation of tavern
Pronunciation:
\?ta-v?rn\
Function:
noun
Etymology:
Middle English taverne, from Anglo-French, from Latin taberna hut, shop
Date:
14th century

1 : an establishment where alcoholic beverages are sold to be drunk on the premises 2 : inn

Main Entry:
res·tau·rant Listen to the pronunciation of restaurant
Pronunciation:
\?res-t(?-)ränt also -t(?-)r?nt, -t?rnt\
Function:
noun
Etymology:
French, from present participle of restaurer to restore, from Latin restaurare
Date:
circa 1766

: a business establishment where meals or refreshments may be purchased

Barmaid and Tavern are word that originate around the similar times in history. A woman serving in a pub or tavern is a barmaid. There's nothing wrong with the use of that word.

S

Steven Soderburgin

cool thanks for the dictionary definitions

it's just an archaic word and i was making a joke out of it, damn dudes

C

Chazwozel

Kissinger said:
cool thanks for the dictionary definitions

it's just an archaic word and i was making a joke out of it, damn dudes

...but it's not archaic, and very commonly used.

Kissinger said:
Really, avoid American lagers in general.
There are some worthwhile American lagers. Victory Pilsner and Brooklyn Lager are great. Most microbrewed lagers I've tried are decent. Even the "Simpler Times" lager at Trader Joe's for $4 a sixpack is okay. Yeungling is about as light as I'll go, though, and only if "necessary".

However, a real Pilsner will have a hop bite that might be off-putting to some.

C

Chazwozel

Jake said:
Kissinger said:
There are some worthwhile American lagers. Victory Pilsner and Brooklyn Lager are great. Most microbrewed lagers I've tried are decent. Even the "Simpler Times" lager at Trader Joe's for $4 a sixpack is okay. Yeungling is about as light as I'll go, though, and only if "necessary".

Ugh, Yeungling...

I unfortunately live in the heartland of the Yeungling brewing company. It always just tastes skunky to me.

Chazwozel said:
Jake said:
Kissinger said:

Ugh, Yeungling...

I unfortunately live in the heartland of the Yeungling brewing company. It always just tastes skunky to me.
I know people (n00bs!) that rave about it, which I just can't understand. It doesn't suck, but there's just not enough there to get excited about.

I guess you must also live in the heart of Victory country, which makes up for it. I don't think I've tried anything from them that wasn't damned tasty. I'd kill everyone in this thread for a Golden Monkey right now. :drool:

Chazwozel said:
Jake said:
Kissinger said:

Ugh, Yeungling...

/me hides the 6-pack he just put in the fridge :paranoid:

(What? It just arrived in WV maybe a month ago)

Jake said:
I know people (n00bs!) that rave about it, which I just can't understand. It doesn't suck, but there's just not enough there to get excited about.
That right there is how I feel about Guinness.

Status
Not open for further replies.