Oh boy this sounds like a grea :puke:

Cajungal

Cajungal

Mreunh

Chibibar

looks good. gonna try it out :)

Krisken

Krisken

I can't even figure out what is all on that thing. Are those onion rings?

Christ, this looks like something you'd get at Hardee's.

Frank

Frankie Williamson

Holy shit, do those work in Canada?!

I think they do!

Vagabond

V.Bond

You can't replace burger meat with roast beef.

You just can't.

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

Heh, I know what I'm eating on my drive to Houston this afternoon :)

Krisken

Krisken

Vagabond said:

You just can't.
It would be fine without the tomato, lettuce, and onion rings. Doesn't make any sense to add those.

Chazwozel

Everyone around this dump is thinking science.

I'm thinking Arby's.

-- Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:26 am --

Kissinger said:
Oh boy this sounds like a grea :puke:

Not only are you a movie snob, but a food snob as well... :rimshot:

ElJuski

ElJuski

I don't know, that burger both looks like hot sex in my mouth and fat slobbery trash in my mouth at the same time.

I have printed out a coupon, and I WILL INVESTIGATE THIS MADNESS

Krisken

Krisken

ElJuski said:
I don't know, that burger both looks like hot sex in my mouth and fat slobbery trash in my mouth at the same time.

I have printed out a coupon, and I WILL INVESTIGATE THIS MADNESS
You're going to tell us it tastes like it was made by Michael Bay, aren't you?

Frank

Frankie Williamson

I love Arby's (as much as a person can "love" fast food).

Curly fries and roast beef. Rock.

Batdan

Did we not learn anything from the KFC fiasco? Huh? Huh?

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

After the lose-your-lunch disgustingness of the roastburger TV ads, I refuse to give this product the least bit of consideration. :puke:

Jake

Jake

It says you can substitute for another "roastburger". If there's one without fucking onion rings on it, I might give it a shot. For science and shit (probably in that order).

Chazwozel

Jake said:
It says you can substitute for another "roastburger". If there's one without smurfing onion rings on it, I might give it a shot. For science and poop (probably in that order).

Onion rings on sandwiches are delicious. You shut your whore mouth!

Krisken

Krisken

Chazwozel said:
Jake said:
It says you can substitute for another "roastburger". If there's one without smurfing onion rings on it, I might give it a shot. For science and poop (probably in that order).

Onion rings on sandwiches are delicious. You shut your whore mouth!
I got your back on this one Jake. Onion rings on sandwiches are shit-tacular.

Frank

Frankie Williamson

I'm with Chaz, I fucking love onion ring burgers.

Hylian

Hylian

I am in the "onion rings taste awesome on burgers" group

Steven Soderburgin

If the onion rings are good (that is, they use good onions, good batter, and good oil) and the flavor and texture mesh well with the sandwich they are on, onion rings can be delicious on burgers

Krisken

Krisken

Kissinger said:
If the onion rings are good (that is, they use good onions, good batter, and good oil) and the flavor and texture mesh well with the sandwich they are on, onion rings can be delicious on burgers
Dude, it's Arby's.

Chazwozel

...so it begins... the great halforum onion ring war of 2009.

MY BROTHERS RALLY TO ME!

Sons of BurgerKing! Of Carl's Jr.! My brothers. I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me. A day may come when the courage of eating burgers topped with delicious onion rings fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of wolves and shattered shields when the Age of Fast Food comes crashing down, but it is not this day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good earth and the consumption of delicious burgers, I bid you stand, Men of Arby's!

Jake

Jake

Let's separate the two components of onion rings (not that hard to do physically, that's for sure). How would you like hot onions (yummy) on your burger along with deep-fried flour (wtf)? It's like getting a burger with onions then stopping off at Long John Silvers to add some of those crispy fuckers they sit your food on (I assume they still do that).

I'm not buying it. Hell, I'm not taking it for free with soft drink purchase. :tongue:

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

I actually put fries on my burgers sometimes, but yeah, Onion ring burgers are awesome. Especially with BBQ sauce.

Chibibar

Jake said:
Let's separate the two components of onion rings (not that hard to do physically, that's for sure). How would you like hot onions (yummy) on your burger along with deep-fried flour (wtf)? It's like getting a burger with onions then stopping off at Long John Silvers to add some of those crispy fuckers they sit your food on (I assume they still do that).

I'm not buying it. Hell, I'm not taking it for free with soft drink purchase. :tongue:
that sounds good :)

I do love crispy onions (they do this in some burger places) and it taste GOOD.

I'm gonna check this out tonight.

Frank

Frankie Williamson

Jake

Jake

I'd give whoever brought me that burger the same look I give barmaids who put lemon in my hefeweizen. There's no smiley that does it justice.

Steven Soderburgin

Krisken said:
Dude, it's Arby's.
I wasn't saying that the Arby's onion rings would be good, just saying that onion rings on burgers CAN be good.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Every Arby's in a 100 mile radius went out of business, along with Popeye's, around here. Coupon is USELESS!!

Vagabond

V.Bond

Jake said:
I'd give whoever brought me that burger the same look I give barmaids who put lemon in my hefeweizen. There's no smiley that does it justice.
?_?

Hylian

Hylian

Shegokigo said:
Every Arby's in a 100 mile radius went out of business, along with Popeye's, around here. Coupon is USELESS!!

here enjoy a free cat on me as a consolation prize

EsteBeatDown

Frankie said:
:rofl:

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

Vagabond said:

You just can't.
Don't worry, it is not roast beef either.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

sixpackshaker said:
Vagabond said:

You just can't.
Don't worry, it is not roast beef either.
hylian said:

Fun Size

Fun Size

As a veggie, it doesn't matter much to me, but thanks to the internet I look at that sandwich and see cheese, onion rings, barbecue sauce, lettuce, tomato, bacon and a bun all surrounding Lindsey Lohan's vagoo.

No thankee, sai.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

no, it looks like a 10 lb block of loose salami. then you bake it for a few hours and slice it really thin, and viola! Roast Beef!

Fun Size

Fun Size

sixpackshaker said:
no, it looks like a 10 lb block of loose salami. then you bake it for a few hours and slice it really thin, and viola! Roast Beef!
Are we talking about the sandwich or the vagoo?

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Fun Size said:
sixpackshaker said:
Yes.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

DarkAudit said:
Fun Size said:
sixpackshaker said:
Yes.

Jake

Jake

Well, I took the plunge. I even printed two and pulled off the perfect crime using one inside and one in the drivethru, since I was meeting my wife for lunch. In the name of science I got the onion ringed bastard. Fairly disappointing. Way too much crappy BBQ sauce. Never did notice the onion rings, so the jury is still out on that (though I'm still leaning toward "fuck that noise"). They either over-cooked the roast beef to make it more "burgery" or that's just how Arby's beef is now. The bun was pretty good, I'll admit, and I wouldn't object to getting a decent burger on it at a real restaurant.

Also, getting the two drinks for the deal plus a large fries to split (which sucked, BTW) cost about $4.50. For that, I could have gotten a two-pack of burritos at Trader Joe's, a couple bananas, and a bag of chips. Which is a far superior quick lunch for two (though you have to *gasp* heat up the burritos yourself).

So although I'm usually "that guy" who abuses this kind of coupon, I won't be taking them up on it again. And probably won't go near an Arby's unless dying of hunger.

Chazwozel

Jake said:

Jake, I agree with you on THAT topic wholeheartedly.

Any dumb bitch that puts any lemon in my beer gets no tip! There are certain beers that i get that I get pissed off over if they're served in a frosty mug too.

Chibibar

I'm gonna try this burger tonight..

too much BBQ sauce?? dang. I hate too much sauce, I'll be sure to tell them to give me light sauce (i.e less sauce) if possible. or no sauce and I'll put them on myself ;)

Chaz: Glad I don't drink beer. I always wonder why over a frosty mug and what is with the lemon?

Steven Soderburgin

Whoa, whoa, waitaminute
Jake said:
WHAT HO YON BARMAID

FETCH ME MY MEAD

AND A POX ON YOUR FAMILY SHOULD CURSED FRUIT TOUCH MY REFRESHMENT

-- Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:13 pm --

WENCH, PREPARE FOR ME A CUT OF BEEF BETWEEN TWO BREAD PIECES AND AND TOP IT WITH PORK FAT

IF YOU DRESS IT WITH A SAUCE THAT IS NOT TO MY LIKING I WILL TAKE IT UP WITH YOUR LORD AND HE WILL NOT BE PLEASED

Jake

Jake

Kissinger said:
Whoa, whoa, waitaminute
Jake said:
WHAT HO YON BARMAID

FETCH ME MY MEAD

Try drinking at a place that doesn't serve in plastic cups, chief.

Chazwozel

Chibibar said:
I'm gonna try this burger tonight..

too much BBQ sauce?? dang. I hate too much sauce, I'll be sure to tell them to give me light sauce (i.e less sauce) if possible. or no sauce and I'll put them on myself ;)

Chaz: Glad I don't drink beer. I always wonder why over a frosty mug and what is with the lemon?

Lemon makes piss poor beer taste palatable

Frosty mugs because most light pilsners taste good that way (Budweiser), so almost universally all restaurants assume ALL beer is good ice cold.

-- Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:14 pm --

Kissinger said:
Whoa, whoa, waitaminute
Jake said:
WHAT HO YON BARMAID

FETCH ME MY MEAD

-- Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:13 pm --

WENCH, PREPARE FOR ME A CUT OF BEEF BETWEEN TWO BREAD PIECES AND AND TOP IT WITH PORK FAT

IF YOU DRESS IT WITH A SAUCE THAT IS NOT TO MY LIKING I WILL TAKE IT UP WITH YOUR LORD AND HE WILL NOT BE PLEASED

Dude, have you ever been to a pub or tavern?

Steven Soderburgin

Jake said:
says the guy who just went to the trouble of tricking an Arby's into taking two coupons.

-- Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:16 pm --

Chazwozel said:
Yeah, and they had waiters, waitresses, and bartenders.

Jake

Jake

Kissinger said:
Jake said:
says the guy who just went to the trouble of tricking an Arby's into taking two coupons.

Chazwozel said:
"Oh, waiter? Waiter? Do I get free Zima refills?"

Steven Soderburgin

Do they even make Zima anymore?

Lally

I don't even like that kind of sandwich and I'm practically foaming at the mouth.

Stupid delicious horrible fast food. I know it's horrible. It's also so delicious. Stupid diet.

[quiet weeping]

Chibibar

to a non-beer drinker. What do you recommend? I have tried some beer (bud and stuff) and didn't like it. I do love hard liquor but don't get to drink often since I'm the DD.

Jake

Jake

Kissinger said:
Fine, fine. What is it you kids drop your Jolly Ranchers in these days? Smirnoff Ice?

Fun Size

Fun Size

Jake said:
Kissinger said:
Fine, fine. What is it you kids drop your Jolly Ranchers in these days? Smirnoff Ice?
Dude, you put your Jolly Ranchers in my cup, I ain't drinkin' it.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Chibibar said:
to a non-beer drinker. What do you recommend? I have tried some beer (bud and stuff) and didn't like it. I do love hard liquor but don't get to drink often since I'm the DD.
What are you eating with it?

Chibibar

DarkAudit said:
Chibibar said:
originally nothing... just drinking and watching a movie. (I don't even eat popcorn)

but after looking at the list.... I have a craving for Nachos......... not sure why.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Kissinger said:
WHAT HO YON BARMAID

FETCH ME MY MEAD

That
shit
had
me
rolling.
:rofl: :rofl: :thumbsup:

Jake

Jake

Chibibar said:
I have tried some beer (bud and stuff) and didn't like it.
Bud hardly qualifies as beer. As for breaking into the beer world, my anecdotal evidence suggests that hops are the main barrier to entry, so avoid hoppy styles (pale ale, IPA, some German lagers, etc.) at first. On the lighter side, hefeweizen (cloudy wheat beer) and witbier (Belgian white ale, like Hoegaarden) are kind to beginners. Dark beer might seem a little daunting, but beers like Guinness are actually lighter than most pale ales. Stouts can be a little roasty and bitter at first, though. A nice strong scotch ale like McEwans might be a good bet.

Chibibar said:
I have a craving for Nachos
Negra Modelo is the way to go.

-- Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:39 pm --

DarkAudit said:
Chibibar said:
Nice list. Most of those pairings are making my mouth water.

Though I think some of the dessert pairings are too close in taste instead of complementary.

Steven Soderburgin

Jake said:
Bud hardly qualifies as beer. As for breaking into the beer world, my anecdotal evidence suggests that hops are the main barrier to entry, so avoid hoppy styles (pale ale, IPA, some German lagers, etc.) at first. On the lighter side, hefeweizen (cloudy wheat beer) and witbier (Belgian white ale, like Hoegaarden) are kind to beginners. Dark beer might seem a little daunting, but beers like Guinness are actually lighter than most pale ales. Stouts can be a little roasty and bitter at first, though. A nice strong scotch ale like McEwans might be a good bet.
Yo, seconding this. Really, avoid American lagers in general. My preferred relaxing beers are usually amber ales, but you really should explore a lot of different types to find what you like, slowly breaking into hoppier beers.

Beer is so fucking delicious

Fun Size

Fun Size

My favorite beer is whiskey.

Chazwozel

Kissinger said:
Jake said:

Chazwozel said:
Mr. Webster would like to pull you by the ear lobe to the corner.

Main Entry:
bar·maid Listen to the pronunciation of barmaid
Pronunciation:
\?bär-?m?d\
Function:
noun
Date:
circa 1658

: a woman who serves liquor at a bar

Main Entry:
wait·ress Listen to the pronunciation of waitress
Pronunciation:
\?w?-tr?s\
Function:
noun
Date:

: a woman who waits tables (as in a restaurant)
— waitress intransitive verb

Main Entry:
bar·tend·er Listen to the pronunciation of bartender
Pronunciation:
\?bär-?ten-d?r\
Function:
noun
Date:

: a person who serves drinks at a bar
— bar·tend Listen to the pronunciation of bartend \?bär-?tend\ intransitive verb

Main Entry:
tav·ern Listen to the pronunciation of tavern
Pronunciation:
\?ta-v?rn\
Function:
noun
Etymology:
Middle English taverne, from Anglo-French, from Latin taberna hut, shop
Date:
14th century

1 : an establishment where alcoholic beverages are sold to be drunk on the premises 2 : inn

Main Entry:
res·tau·rant Listen to the pronunciation of restaurant
Pronunciation:
\?res-t(?-)ränt also -t(?-)r?nt, -t?rnt\
Function:
noun
Etymology:
French, from present participle of restaurer to restore, from Latin restaurare
Date:
circa 1766

: a business establishment where meals or refreshments may be purchased

Barmaid and Tavern are word that originate around the similar times in history. A woman serving in a pub or tavern is a barmaid. There's nothing wrong with the use of that word.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

So BARMAID BRING A PITCHER!
another round of brew...

Steven Soderburgin

cool thanks for the dictionary definitions

it's just an archaic word and i was making a joke out of it, damn dudes

Chazwozel

Kissinger said:

...but it's not archaic, and very commonly used.

Jake

Jake

Kissinger said:
Really, avoid American lagers in general.
There are some worthwhile American lagers. Victory Pilsner and Brooklyn Lager are great. Most microbrewed lagers I've tried are decent. Even the "Simpler Times" lager at Trader Joe's for $4 a sixpack is okay. Yeungling is about as light as I'll go, though, and only if "necessary".

However, a real Pilsner will have a hop bite that might be off-putting to some.

Chazwozel

Jake said:
Kissinger said:
There are some worthwhile American lagers. Victory Pilsner and Brooklyn Lager are great. Most microbrewed lagers I've tried are decent. Even the "Simpler Times" lager at Trader Joe's for $4 a sixpack is okay. Yeungling is about as light as I'll go, though, and only if "necessary".

Ugh, Yeungling...

I unfortunately live in the heartland of the Yeungling brewing company. It always just tastes skunky to me.

Jake

Jake

Chazwozel said:
Jake said:
Kissinger said:

Ugh, Yeungling...

I unfortunately live in the heartland of the Yeungling brewing company. It always just tastes skunky to me.
I know people (n00bs!) that rave about it, which I just can't understand. It doesn't suck, but there's just not enough there to get excited about.

I guess you must also live in the heart of Victory country, which makes up for it. I don't think I've tried anything from them that wasn't damned tasty. I'd kill everyone in this thread for a Golden Monkey right now. :drool:

Cajungal

Cajungal

Kissinger said:

NO JOKING.

....I laughed.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Chazwozel said:
Jake said:
Kissinger said:

Ugh, Yeungling...

/me hides the 6-pack he just put in the fridge :paranoid:

(What? It just arrived in WV maybe a month ago)

Krisken

Krisken

Jake said:
I know people (n00bs!) that rave about it, which I just can't understand. It doesn't suck, but there's just not enough there to get excited about.
That right there is how I feel about Guinness.

Jake

Jake

Krisken said:
Jake said:
That right there is how I feel about Guinness.
I'm with ya.

Steven Soderburgin

Guinness is what college kids drink when they're trying to prove that they like fancy beers.

Cajungal

Cajungal

^I find this is true a lot of the time.

*takes a drink, grimaces* Eeuuuh... it's... soooo tasty.

Then again, I have met people who looooove it. It's too bitter for me. My brother let me try one recently that's thick like Guinness but it had a much nicer flavor. I can't remember the name, though. He tries something new each week.

Lally

Chazwozel said:
Jake said:
Kissinger said:

Ugh, Yeungling...

THIS. I am the only person I know that doesn't like Yeungling (that likes beer, of course). It's on tap everywhere here, and everyone I know loves it. I don't see what the fuss is about. I think it's gross. :\

Jake

Jake

For the record, I don't think Guinness is bad, per se. It's just that there are plenty of American stouts that kick its ass. Like any ubiquitous beer, it's been neutered to appeal to the broadest audience possible. If you think it's the bees' knees, try something like Avery's "The Czar" Imperial Russian Stout and prepare to come face to face with God.

Also, I just wanted to bump a beer thread.

Frank

Frankie Williamson

There's a psuedo local franchise of micro-brewery around these parts called Brewsters. They have some pretty God damn good beer.

http://www.brewsters.ca/brewery.html

As much of a pussy as it makes me I love their raspberry ale.

ElJuski

ElJuski

Are we talking about Blatz yet?

Batdan

Jake said:
For the record, I don't think Guinness is bad, per se. It's just that there are plenty of American stouts that kick its ass.
Examples? I want to do some drunken research.

Krisken

Krisken

Batdan said:
Jake said:
For the record, I don't think Guinness is bad, per se. It's just that there are plenty of American stouts that kick its ass.
New Glaurus Makes a good stout. :D

KCWM

KCWM

These burgers aren't that great. For me, it ruined what I like about Arbys. The lettuce just doesn't work.

That being said...for free? Free tastes good. Well, free after a soda purchase.

Hylian

Hylian

I tried it on Saturday and I thought it was decent. I didn't think it was the best thing ever and I won't be going out of my buy it I thought it was still decent.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Why do they get to call it a burger?

That's a roast beef sandwich with lettuce, tomato, and bacon... and an onion ring?

Jake

Jake

Krisken said:
Batdan said:
Jake said:
New Glaurus Makes a good stout. :D
Indeed. You can only get it in Wisconsin, though (luckily my brother drives through there on his way to family gatherings). Rogue "Shakepeare Stout" is awesome, Bell's makes several great stouts, any number of microbreweries, really. Even Sierra Nevada Stout, which you can probably find at the grocery store, beats Guinness.

Shannow

Shannow

Just did the empire brew fest this past weekend. Lots of beers and good times had by all!

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Since Sam Adams uses two-row barley like most European lagers, does it still count as "American beer"?

(most of the big US brewers use six-row barley, which is also why they end up using rice and corn as adjuncts)

Jake

Jake

DarkAudit said:
Since Sam Adams uses two-row barley like most European lagers, does it still count as "American beer"?

(most of the big US brewers use six-row barley, which is also why they end up using rice and corn as adjuncts)
Most small American breweries use two-row. And you have it a little backwards. The mega-brews use six-row because they use cheaper adjuncts like corn and rice. The six-row has higher protein (enzyme) content, which is needed to break down the adjunct starches.

Of course, six-row is really cattle feed and shouldn't be used in beer, but mega-brew is barely beer anyway.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

I just had a double chocolate stout from Young's that was pretty tasty. Really smooth. Stone Ruination, too, hoppy but I love it.