Former President Trump Thread

McCain made a speech about how he wouldn't vote for the Healthcare bill, then voted for it. to allow debate on it.
Let's be accurate here. Criticizing him for not shutting down the heathcare bill now is one thing, acting like he's actually voted to pass the bill is another.

Wait, I see I'm not quite up to date on everything and there was another vote last night. Sorry about that @Dei , I'd heard that sentiment echoed enough elsewhere just about the debate vote that I assumed that's what you were referring to as well.

Last edited:
How to fuck up in 140 characters or less...

Today is typical Trump. Tweet something guaranteed to dominate the news cycle with outrage early in the day to distract from other scandals.

I made the mistake of saying so to a member of the media... who quoted it in reply. And boy did I get it then. Nothing for me to do now except soak up the outrage. Trying to engage and clarify my comment has just dug myself deeper.

I would not be surprised if Sessions were fired by the end of the day. And that whoever the acting AG end up being fires Mueller.
Well, the Deputy AG would be acting AG, and he's the one who brought in Mueller (because Sessions recused himself from the Russia investigation), so Trump would have to go deeper than just firing Sessions or get the Senate to confirm a new AG.

The best part about the military ban is that the Pentagon is WTFing about it. So I wonder what generals Trump was talking to. Maybe the ones in his head.

Medical cost? What medical cost? Diabetics probably have a higher TCO, and I'm sure they're allowed.

--Patrick
IIRC, diabetes will often get you a medical discharge, or you won't even be able to enlist in the first place if you already have it. My husband had a guy in his squadron (years ago, so I don't remember the details) discharged because he developed diabetes. I think it's one of those things that depends on the severity and how you're managing it? But basically, it makes you undeployable because you can't be guaranteed to get your diabetes supplies in a remote/combat zone, which is life threatening. And everyone is potentially deployable. But unlike treatment for diabetes, interrupting hormone therapy won't kill you. And considering the DoD was moving towards allowing trans people to serve openly, then it probably isn't an issue.

The argument about cost for (the very small number of) active duty transgender people is ridiculous. If cost to the military budget is really the issue, then there are so many other areas in the military that are wasteful with money to fix before worrying about the potential medical costs for the transgender people who want to serve their country.

Trump says it's too pricey to have transgender troops. Here's the truth.

Look, you guys. Cutting out trans soldiers means more money for boner pills ($80 million a year?!) and more golf weekends. It was, like, SUPER important.

Talked to my husband about the ban when he got home yesterday. He has no clue what is going on with the asshat in the White House, because they (the Air Force, at least) have been preparing for trans people openly joining the ranks for months now. This ban is a surprise to the military, too.

So, setting military policy without any input from the actual miltiary, and threatening "disloyal" representatives who choose the interests of their constituents over the interests of Dear Leader. That doesn't sound familiar at all...

I'm pretty sure for Lindsey Graham, Hell involves gay people and unwed women having sex. In that case, bring on the Hell!!!!:minionhappy:

EDIT: Not necessarily together, but hey, whatever floats your boat.