Former President Trump Thread

figmentPez

Staff member
"There's no evidence that there's not [widespread mail-in voter fraud]. That's the definition of fraud." - White House Chief of Staff Mark Meadows

1. That's a lie, there's a lot of evidence that there isn't widespread abuse of mail-in ballots.
2. There's no evidence that Mark Meadows isn't receiving payoffs from foreign nations. Therefore he is defrauding the American government.
Post automatically merged:

Hypocrisy? In the Republican party?

It's even more likely than you think!

I feel so numb to things these days, but Jesus Christ, this one actually made me cover my mouth in surprise and tear up a little. I didn't even know people could order living things through USPS like that.

EDIT: Probably too late for this now, but I'm putting this behind a spoiler for anyone who doesn't want to see images of dead birds. The tweet said:

"Yes. We have ordered healthy baby chicks by USPS for 15 years. This year's order? 17 of 25 chicks dead. The consequences of the intentional slowing of mail is criminal."

Last edited:
Yeah... it may sound odd, but this IS a pretty normal thing people have been doing for decades and the USPS has never had trouble doing it before. That it suddenly can't is a big deal.

That’s horrible. I’ve had bees delivered through the post office. They rely on deliveries only taking a few days, so I can see that being an issue too.
There are a lot of industries that assume delivery of mail within a few days, so this is going to affect a lot of businesses. I know banks have to have certain types of notices delivered within a certain time frame as well.

That’s horrible. I’ve had bees delivered through the post office. They rely on deliveries only taking a few days, so I can see that being an issue too.
There are a lot of industries that assume delivery of mail within a few days, so this is going to affect a lot of businesses. I know banks have to have certain types of notices delivered within a certain time frame as well.
But many of those aren't legally bound to the USPS.
UPS, FedEx, etc will be happy with any steps taken by politics to show down or hamper the USPS. Let it survive to administer to the unprofitable areas, let the private sector take over everything else, make profit. It's an old recipe.

Bubble, you're a great guy, but you are NOT an American.

The Post Office was founded as part of our big FU to King George III. The Founding Fathers equated the post office with democracy.

There are a lot of things that work in Europe that will not work in the United States. They might work in some limited areas, but not in the majority of the nation.

Bubble, you're a great guy, but you are NOT an American.

The Post Office was founded as part of our big FU to King George III. The Founding Fathers equated the post office with democracy.

There are a lot of things that work in Europe that will not work in the United States. They might work in some limited areas, but not in the majority of the nation.
Something a lot of people who aren't Americans really don't understand is just how... big and empty the country is? It's entirely possible to be a hundred miles away from even a small city in some states and the USPS has to administer to every inch of the US, including military bases overseas. There are literally places where mail has to be delivered to the closest thing resembling a town by small aircraft because there's just no other way to get there during some parts of the year. It serves these areas at a substantial loss because it's just something everyone needs: a private line of communication to the outside world. Without a way to get goods in within a reasonable period of time, these towns are basically death traps. We're ether leaving them to die or to become corporate towns.

The US just... can't work without the USPS and every other alternative introduces a profit motive that encourages the abandonment of small towns, something the Right claims to be railing against...

Yes. I'm well aware. I really am aware that the US is big, and empty in the middle (and inside half the popluation's heads, too!).
A properly working post IS essential to a good democracy. Undercutting local and national post offices and services to favor privatization by the Capitalist Right has been going on for a long time - compare to the privatization of the UK trains, and they're currently trying to do the same thing in Belgium with the busses and trams.
Just like post, these are services that are essential for people, and that can be very profitable in some areas....But will always make a loss in other areas.
And if you think for one second that Wall Street wouldn't prefer to privatize the Post to UPS and FedEx and others, and leave the small towns to rot, you're wrong. I wasn't suggesting anything in my previous post was a good idea, I was saying it's what Big Corporations would happily do - pick off all the profitable (or potentially profitable) areas and services, and leave the husk of the rest to administer to the bits that aren't worth having.

I'm all in favor of a good-working, state-supported postal service, public transportation service, and health care service - because those are all things essential to a good life, and all sectors that simply can't be let to private companies.

Where's that tweet about how the USPS doesn't "lose" money, it costs money to provide a service, and that nobody ever says the military "loses" $600B/yr.

--Patrick

Where's that tweet about how the USPS doesn't "lose" money, it costs money to provide a service, and that nobody ever says the military "loses" $600B/yr.

--Patrick
And even then, if it weren't for the Bush era requiring the USPS to set aside a ridiculous amount of pension money, it would be profitable.

Trump is once again deflecting, this time trying to act like he wants to save the Post Office, but Amazon is screwing the USPS over and that's why it's failing. Definitely not overt sabotage.

Damn what a day this is going to be. Senate Intel Committee just released their report on years long investigation that basically admits Manafort was giving campaign information to Russian intelligence among a ton of other information.

Supposedly he is also planning a big pardon today, who many think will be Manafort. That's going to be interesting considering what we just learned today.

Edit : I just realized the big pardon might have been the post-humorous SBA pardon. Hopefully true.

Last edited:
If Susan B Anthony were alive today, I feel confident in saying she would tell him to take his pardon and shove it up his ass.

figmentPez

Staff member
If Susan B Anthony were alive today, I feel confident in saying she would tell him to take his pardon and shove it up his ass.
Guilty of nothing: Lt. Gov. Hochul says Susan B. Anthony doesn’t need Trump’s pardon

“I was deeply troubled to learn that Trump went ahead and treated her like a criminal,” Hochul said. “Susan B. Anthony was guilty of nothing.”

She was proud of her arrest to draw attention to the cause for women’s rights, and never paid her fine. Let her Rest in Peace,” Hochul said. “I stopped a long time trying to figure out why he does what he does, but this was not to honor her. I don’t know why he did what he did ,but I assure you it was not with the best interest of the public at heart.”

Why would someone who was innocent need a pardon?

The only rule of cheeto; tomorrow will be worse.

case in point;

Trade Puerto Rico for Greenland, because Puerto Ricans and brown and poor and unclean...

Damn what a day this is going to be. Senate Intel Committee just released their report on years long investigation that basically admits Manafort was giving campaign information to Russian intelligence among a ton of other information.

Supposedly he is also planning a big pardon today, who many think will be Manafort. That's going to be interesting considering what we just learned today.

Edit : I just realized the big pardon might have been the post-humorous SBA pardon. Hopefully true.
The big thing here is, they fucking knew all this when Trump was impeached. And they didn't care.