Former President Trump Thread

Not to mention school dress codes. I can't count the number of times a restrictive dress code has been blamed on "needing to keep girls modest so boys can pay attention in class" because "their teenage minds are incapable of concentrating on school when they're aroused."
I spent 6 years in a nun-run Catholic school with a pretty strict uniform. I assure you this did nothing too curb my abilities to get aroused and distracted by the girls in my classes - I just kept a preference for schoolgirl outfits over cheerleader outfits.

I spent 6 years in a nun-run Catholic school with a pretty strict uniform. I assure you this did nothing too curb my abilities to get aroused and distracted by the girls in my classes - I just kept a preference for schoolgirl outfits over cheerleader outfits.
Nun-school turned you into a crossdresser, eh?

GasBandit

Staff member
I just want you to know, I have a NSFW meme I am avoiding posting for this.

We had a dress code at my school but while the guys was a strict "dress pants, shirt and tie" code, the girls was a "no skirts more than 2 inches above the knee, and don't show too much cleavage." It essentially meant that girls didn't have to follow the dress code because no male teacher could comment on their cleavage or go and measure their skirt length without looking like a creep.

GasBandit

Staff member
I recall most of the dress code issues around my schools actually had to do with inappropriate images/slogans on T-shirts (Big Johnson was a perennial favorite), and to a lesser degree, hats/gang colors.

We had a dress code at my school but while the guys was a strict "dress pants, shirt and tie" code, the girls was a "no skirts more than 2 inches above the knee, and don't show too much cleavage." It essentially meant that girls didn't have to follow the dress code because no male teacher could comment on their cleavage or go and measure their skirt length without looking like a creep.
Did your school not have female teachers?

Our school was a rural K-12 in the middle of nowhere (Eastern Washington) - we didn't have to worry about gang colors, because we didn't have gangs. The closest we came to actual gang problems didn't happen until the late 90s when one of the guys who'd done time for an assault got recruited into a Native American prison gang (he was a member of the Nez Perce tribe) and decided to show everyone how "hard" he was when he got out by going right the hell back in for another assault. But we had a lot of busty farm girls who would've loved nothing more than to show up to school in bikini tops and short-shorts - or at least, that's what all members of our school board seemed to believe. It must've been the Dukes of Hazzard effect, or something.

We did but they were a minority and even then there weren't many that both cared and had the guts to say something (since that still isn't totally benign thing to say).
The...benefit?....of nuns: they had no compunction whatsoever about having the girls kneel down to make sure their skirts were looking enough to touch the ground when kneeling/praying.

Now a days, the measure they use is "fingertip" length, because it's less creepy to ask a girl to stand up straight with her hands down, which generally leads to mid thigh length skirts, which is fine imo.

That said, dress codes are dumb besides the obvious "don't come to school naked."

The dress code thing that irritates me the most is about strap size on shirts, because oh God, bare shoulders oh no.

figmentPez

Staff member
That said, dress codes are dumb besides the obvious "don't come to school naked."
I knew people in high school who would have tried to see how close to naked they could get before getting in trouble. Guys and girls. As much as I object to bad dress codes, my experience with human nature tells me that very specific dress codes are an unfortunate necessity. While students who intentionally try to push limits are the minority, they're a very disruptive minority, and having explicit rules makes it a lot easier to bring them to task.

Last edited:
Now a days, the measure they use is "fingertip" length, because it's less creepy to ask a girl to stand up straight with her hands down, which generally leads to mid thigh length skirts, which is fine imo.

The dress code thing that irritates me the most is about strap size on shirts, because oh God, bare shoulders oh no.
Our dress code here is trying to get better. This year we have relaxed our rules (which were previously the common ones found at most public schools). All shirts must have some kind of strap, and undergarments cannot be showing. For shorts/pants/skirts/dresses, the length must be no shorter than the knuckles when standing straight up with arms at your side. No cuts/rips can be above that length either. Also, our dress code does not mention a gender or sex; it should be equally fair for all.

We tell all the kids that we just want them to dress somewhat professionally. School is a practice ground for the skills one needs for a job, so their attire should match.

Not perfect, but better.

GasBandit

Staff member
This finger/knuckle length thing confuses me. When I stand straight up and let my arms hang, my fingertips are barely at the level of my crotch. If I were wearing shorts (or a skirt) that long, I'd be teste-tacular for all the world to see.

This finger/knuckle length thing confuses me. When I stand straight up and let my arms hang, my fingertips are barely at the level of my crotch. If I were wearing shorts (or a skirt) that long, I'd be teste-tacular for all the world to see.
I also have short arms. Girls with long torsos also have fun with this rule. Girls with long arms are screwed.

My (middle/high) school's dress code was unwritten, I think it was one of those "use common sense" situations. Only times I can recall someone getting in trouble was when a classmate came to school in drag for Carnival, and a dude that came to school in tracksuit pants and (very noticeably) no underwear. Never saw a skirt length rule enforced. Some girls wore tight jeans (or yoga pants) with string underwear showing and quite a bit of cleavage and the boys didn't die, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

GasBandit

Staff member
When I was in high school in Albuquerque, and Jr High in El Paso, one very odd dress code was that was enforced, though, was bangs.

Girls couldn't have bangs that stuck straight up more than 3 inches.

Again... gang affiliation. Allegedly.

It was a style among the hispanic female students to use however much hair product it took to get their bangs to stand straight up. Usually 4, 5, even 6 inches. We called it "Chicana Radar."

When I was in high school in Albuquerque, and Jr High in El Paso, one very odd dress code was that was enforced, though, was bangs.

Girls couldn't have bangs that stuck straight up more than 3 inches.

Again... gang affiliation. Allegedly.

It was a style among the hispanic female students to use however much hair product it took to get their bangs to stand straight up. Usually 4, 5, even 6 inches. We called it "Chicana Radar."
That sounds like some weird combination of 80s hair and 90s punk.

GasBandit

Staff member
Having problems picturing this... Like so?:
Sometimes exactly like that. It made that part of that movie particularly hilarious to me.

Except the rest of the hair was long and black, instead of short and blonde.

so usually, it was more like...

Or this one (but not rainbow colored)

VERY often like this:

Or like the one on the right...

or like...

figmentPez

Staff member
How tinfoil hat does it sound to think that Dolt45 picked out that pith helmet get-up for Melania to wear in Africa? Embarass her, undermine her credibility, and provide more distraction from his politics.