Fitness Goals

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm trying to ween myself off of cigarettes. Quitting cold turkey hasn't worked, drugs (Rx) haven't worked, patches haven't worked, lozenges haven't worked, gum hasn't worked, and slowly weening myself off by stepping down one cigarette per day per week hasn't worked. So now I'm going to try to be a bit more aggressive in the weening off process, by forcing myself to go down one a day, starting with 7 today, until I hit 1, and then to quit completely.

BananaHands

Staff member
I'm trying to ween myself off of cigarettes. Quitting cold turkey hasn't worked, drugs (Rx) haven't worked, patches haven't worked, lozenges haven't worked, gum hasn't worked, and slowly weening myself off by stepping down one cigarette per day per week hasn't worked. So now I'm going to try to be a bit more aggressive in the weening off process, by forcing myself to go down one a day, starting with 7 today, until I hit 1, and then to quit completely.
Have you tried the electronic cigarette? I hear that helps weening people off.

I'll make sure to borrow a few sets of lower weights from my parents (who haven't used them in... ever). I'm assuming I need a chin-up bar too right? How far into the 3 months are you now?
I'm re-doing week 4 right now, on account my schedule got shot all to hell, as well as my workout. After that, it's full-steam ahead!

Yeah... I use one of those "Iron Gym" doorframe pull-up bars... it's not ideal (at 6'2" I have to bend my knees to keep my feet off the ground) but it's better than nothing.

Cajungal

Staff member
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1336270560.796473.jpg

This is it, folks. My wedding shower dress. My wedding dress fits fine, but this little number... Well, I bought it from a second hand store knowing it was just the tiniest bit snug. If I can lose enough before June to be able to wear it comfortably, I'll consider it a victory.

Tried the thing on last week, and I have a little room left to find... Wish me luck!

Ah, good luck!!

Find something that motivates you and stick with it! (I hang pictures of the costumes I want to fit in to on the fridge - 'Do I really need the bowl of ice cream? Naw, an apple will do!")

Cajungal

Staff member
It's hanging out where I can see it. Also, I started putting red dots on the tops of my hands. I'm always covered in ink at my job, so it doesn't look weird.. And when I reach for something it reminds me not to be a chubbikins. This evening I enjoyed a couple of handfuls of Chex Mix instead of stealing Jake's ice cream when I felt like a snack. Small win, but I'll take it.

S

SeraRelm

Do you make your own or just buy the fat saturated pre-bagged kind?

Cajungal

Staff member
Pre-bagged. I read the label, and I had about half a serving, which means ~ 0.5-0.7 grams of saturated fat. It's not something I buy, but I thought I'd enjoy the last of it. :)

So I've lost 15 pounds since December, but I have 8-10 pounds left to go and I'm losing motivation and haven't lost more weight in a month. I clearly need to buy myself something that will fit better once I lose those 10 more pounds and hold it over myself as motivation. Hmmm.

Cajungal

Staff member
It's actually working for me. I thought it was unwise, but it turned out to be a good move. Good luck to you and congrats on your success so far! You will definitely reach your goals. :) Those plateaus are rough, though. It was easy when I was 220 lb and the fat just vanished after I stopped eating garbage. But now... man, I have to work for it.

We went to Disney World a month ago and walking around non stop for those 5 days totally boosted my metabolism and the weight would have melted off for sure... except I stopped watching my calories and turned into Piggy McPiggerston instead. So the up to my metabolism kept me from putting the weight BACK ON at least, but I'm still sad with myself lol.

Ok, hopping onto the weight loss train. Don't get me wrong, I'm not large by any means, but I've definitely gained a few extra pounds I could do without. Currently I'm 160, which is 25 lbs above my high school weight.
Did a little exercise on the bowflex. I think if I keep working my abs I'll be able to shed the soft stomach fairly easy. Fingers crossed!

BananaHands

Staff member
Fell off the wagon a bit last week. Only worked out about two days and ate like crap over the weekend.

But, started off this week by buying a bunch of veggies for salad and will force myself to the gym as much as possible.

Just keep at it :)

I have fallen to the wayside a bit as well. But I'm definately getting back on track this week. Went on a 3 mile hike yesterday, will do something today and am going frisbee golfing on Wed. Yay activities!

I also have a 'moment of truth' today. Bought my Harley Quinn shorts a size smaller, so I'm seeing how they fit today.

Fight club.
Shhhh Azure, we don't talk about that.

BananaHands, I don't know whats near you, but some of the things I love to do - besides the gym: Running, or going on walks, hiking, frisbee golf, ultimate frisbee with friends, swimming, rock climbing, dancing, any 'orgainized' (because wtih my friends and I, almost nothing is organized) sport with friends.

I need to find more activities to occupy my time with. Anything that'll keep me away from my PS3, laptop or TV. Going to the gym is great and all, but it's reeeaaal hard to motivate myself to just punish myself for 1-2 hours.
Play hockey. Since starting I've only lost ~2 pounds (granted I didn't weigh myself right before I started so it could be more, and it's only once a week right now), but I have noticed things are fitting better.

Well, and you could be replacing fat with muscle. Sometimes people just switch one out for the other.

Also..tried on my Harley shorts...and they're not to bad. I still have work to do most definately, but they do fit as of right now. Yay! I think I'm going to dance today to celebrate.

Status
Not open for further replies.