Export thread

Fitness Goals

BananaHands

BananaHands

I noticed that there are a few forumites who posted that they're trying to lose weight/exercising. So, I figured I'd make a thread where you can post your fitness goals and whatnot so you can be held accountable.

I started exercising/eating better two months ago. I'm filming at Bonnaroo, so I figured I'd get in festival shape. I lost fifteen pounds, but kind of plateau'd at 210. I've just been avoiding fried food, soda and red meat... which is a pain in the ass.

I don't know. I'd like to hit 200 before June. Who knows.

What about you fools?

General Specific

General Specific

My fitness goal is to not have moobs anymore.

LittleSin

LittleSin

I'm trying to take it slow. So my fitness goal, at present, is to fit into a size 18 by June.

I'm at a 20 now but my pants are getting looser.

ElJuski

ElJuski

lol festival shape.

Yeah, as usual, my biggest goal is to just be more active than usual. I've taken to doing Capital Bikeshare bike trips during the weekends, walking to my sister's across town, walking down to the national mall...and in the meanwhile, I've got that goddamn Kinect Your Shape whatever bullshit which is pretty cool, and I should be doing more of.

Bowielee

Bowielee

I'd love to have time to get back to the gym and really take advantage of it while I'm still in school and it's free, but holy hell, am I busy. I literally have no time.

Gared

Gared

My current goal is to drop 20 pounds by mid-August. I will certainly accept more than that, but that's my goal.

David

David

At 240 last year, I had a goal to reach 180. I eventually reached 210... and then gained 15 of those back :facepalm:

On the plus side I'm still fitting into my size 36 jeans with no signs of them getting too tight. When I was getting too snug into size 40's was when I drew the line.

Cajungal

Cajungal

I want to have the awesome hourglass figure I *could* have thanks to my... pleasantly heavy top and bottom. This will require much suffering, as I've never hit such a rough plateau before. I guess that means I'm close at least.

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

I think this thread is totally awesome! Just sayin'.

My goals are ridiculous and silly, but I would like to lose some weight in order to look pretty darn good wearing skin-tight stretch PVC (And I feel awful and completely vain saying that...). I'm guessing I need to lose 15 pounds or so. I don't actually own a scale, so I'm just going based on what I see.

I have been a lot more active lately, especially with going jogging in the nicer weather. My biggest problem is changing my diet. I definately don't eat enough veggies...Hamburgers, why are you so good??

Cajungal

Cajungal

That's my problem, Kag. I looove to cook and I love I eat! I definitely enjoy vegetables and know lots of good ways to prepare them, but all I want lately is stuff that's not so good for me, even in little portions. I'm using a calorie counter app, but lately I look at that thing and just think, "bitch you are not the boss of me!"

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

Exactly! I too love veggies, but, but there are so many other foods that I crave first.

Haha! You are adorable. I'm trying to drink a glass of water before eating now, help me not over indulge so much.

David

David

My goals are ridiculous and silly, but I would like to lose some weight in order to look pretty darn good wearing skin-tight stretch PVC (And I feel awful and completely vain saying that...). I'm guessing I need to lose 15 pounds or so. I don't actually own a scale, so I'm just going based on what I see.
As long as you're in a healthy weight range, there's nothing wrong with that. I want to lose weight mainly so I can look good shirtless.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Hopefully I'll be more adorable by my wedding day! :p Good luck to you! I'm trying everything short of hiring a hobo to flick my ear every time I reach for a box of cinnamon toast crunch.

BananaHands

BananaHands

I found buying those "Steamers" helps with eating more veggies. It only takes like five minutes in the microwave and you've got a huge bowl of veggies!

Cajungal

Cajungal

Oh yeah, those are great! Love me some peas. I also bake about 4 sweet potatoes on Sunday so I can bring them to school for lunch. If I don't have to worry about prep during the week, that helps a lot.

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

As long as you're in a healthy weight range, there's nothing wrong with that. I want to lose weight mainly so I can look good shirtless.
Thanks! I'll be sure to be healthy about it - not do any crazy diets. I'm sure if you keep at it, you can get to that point! Good luck. =^^=

SeraRelm

Veggies are great. I also love me some rice. I don't tend to like most fatty foods though, like as a matter of taste, so that hamburger you guys love would be a turkey burger at most for me. Way less greasy and it tastes better (to me at least.) I think it's just a matter of enjoying a more subtle flavor than some. Like if we ever go out to eat, I end up disliking most of the stuff you get at places like Red Lobster or something. Way too strong. As far as fitness goes, I'd like to get better... I guess lung strength would be the best term. It's tough though with the issues I run into. I walk to work and barely ever stop while there, but I should do more outside of that.

Who wants t' go daaancin'?

BananaHands

BananaHands

Oh yeah, I agree with you on turkey burgers. Turkey everything really. Turkey Italian sausages are great too.

Jay

Jay

Lost 5 pounds this week.... then I ate this this morning.

378072_10150532085133273_715383272_10806213_1939736615_n.jpg

BErt

I had mentioned in the health thread that I'd lost quite a bit of weight in the last year or so...currently, my goal is 3 more pounds in the next 7 days. I want to be under 200 by my 30th birthday.

Long term, my goal is the same as General Specific's.

Frank

Frank

Lost 5 pounds this week.... then I ate this this morning.

You just need a free gym at work. That's the only thing keeping me from weighing 600 pounds.

Frank

Frank

Veggies are great. I also love me some rice. I don't tend to like most fatty foods though, like as a matter of taste, so that hamburger you guys love would be a turkey burger at most for me. Way less greasy and it tastes better (to me at least.) I think it's just a matter of enjoying a more subtle flavor than some. Like if we ever go out to eat, I end up disliking most of the stuff you get at places like Red Lobster or something. Way too strong. As far as fitness goes, I'd like to get better... I guess lung strength would be the best term. It's tough though with the issues I run into. I walk to work and barely ever stop while there, but I should do more outside of that.

Who wants t' go daaancin'?
I wish I had that problem. I want to taste everything, then everything covered in butter or gravy.

BananaHands

BananaHands

So wait, no one wants t' go daaancin'?

David

David

You can dance if you want to.

SeraRelm

You can leave your friends behind.

Frank

Frank

We come from a land down undah!

SeraRelm

^fail.

BananaHands

BananaHands

I bless the rains down in Africa.

SeraRelm

^double fail

Frank

Frank

Who can it be nooooooooooow?

SeraRelm

Ok, I'm quitting Halforums over this now.

BananaHands

BananaHands

-making a thread about halforums dying now-

HowDroll

HowDroll

This thread went somewhere weird.

I've always struggled with my weight, especially over the last few years. I was 185 at my heaviest last year ("That's obese, fatass!" -- my Wii fit), and I managed to get down below 160 by following the Paleo diet. (Also, triathlon training might have helped a bit too.) Then I started grad school, my life went to hell, and the weight started creeping back on. FFFUUUUUUUUU.

I tried counting calories -- eating only 1200-1500 calories per day for several months -- but barely lost any weight. This wasn't the first time I've struggled to lose weight by counting calories, either; science tells me it's supposed to be as easy as calories in/calories out, but I look at my brothers who will eat a box of Oreos in one sitting and remain sticks, I have to think there's more to it than that (I had something of an eating disorder for a few years in high school; maybe I irrevocably fucked up my metablism? Dunno.) I was METICULOUS with counting cals -- I used a scale to make sure I was eating proper portion sizes, and if I was ever unsure, I way overestimated on the calories -- but the weight would NOT come off unless I a) exercised my ass off every day (which I don't have time for) or b) cut processed crap out of my diet and limited my carb intake. When I was counting calories, I would often have a) yogurt for breakfast b) sandwich for lunch and c) pasta for dinner. Yeah. There were veggies and protein and shit in there, but my energy was crazy inconsistent and I had to deal with headaches all the time.

I'm back to eating Paleo(ish -- I still eat dairy, and I'll kill anyone who comes between me and my scotch) now, and I am also training for a 5k and ride my bike to work (about 5.5 miles roundtrip) on days when I'm not too lazy/the weather cooperates, so about 2-3 times per week. As of this morning, I'm down 17 lbs and feeling great :D Only 28 to go!

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

So wait, no one wants t' go daaancin'?
Psh, I totally would! I love to dance. =^^=

SeraRelm

Psh, I totally would! I love to dance. =^^=
Then break out the PVC.:D

BananaHands

BananaHands

...but I look at my brothers who will eat a box of Oreos in one sitting and remain sticks...
I have this friend that will eat multiple Big Macs in one sitting and is skinny as hell.

:cry:

SeraRelm

Stationary bike and I have a date today. (too cold and wet out to bike outside)

Gusto

Gusto

I have this friend that will eat multiple Big Macs in one sitting and is skinny as hell.

:cry:
Is it me? Because I do that.

My fitness goal is to gain 10 pounds and hopefully build a little muscle for once in my goddamn life.

And also I haven't gone dancin' in months and really want to.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Stocked up on vegetables. Tonight I'm going to steam some brussel sprouts and roast some carrots. That'll be my lunch this week. Also got me some V8s, some milled flax for my steel-cut oatmeal, and some eggs and sardines for protein! Also bought a nice big bag of brown rice for the next time I make red beans. I got back on MyFitnessPal today (she forgave me for calling her a bitch...) and Jake and I are about to get out in this beautiful sunshine and enjoy a walk!

SeraRelm

*looks out at the rain* Yeah...

*gets back on the stationary bike*

Gared

Gared

Needed to run to the convenience store down the block for some cigarettes (I know, I know) and some gatorade. Drinking just water non-stop gets boring and I don't drink enough, so I've found that if I buy a couple small bottles of Gatorade, and then drink half of one, then refill with water, and repeat until I can't taste the gatorade aymore, then refill with half the other bottle and continue; I do a much better job of staying hydrated. It's absolutely gorgeous here today and there was enough traffic that turning left out of the apartment complex was going to take forever and a day, so I decided to just walk. Kept a good enough pace going that my calves were tight and my heart rate was up both there and back. Much happier for having done so than having driven a block there and back.

BananaHands

BananaHands

I've found that if I buy a couple small bottles of Gatorade, and then drink half of one, then refill with water, and repeat until I can't taste the gatorade aymore, then refill with half the other bottle and continue; I do a much better job of staying hydrated.
I've been doing that too! By the third one it tastes like vitamin water.

Hylian

Hylian

I started going to the gym a couple of months ago and except for a few eeks were I was sick I have been pretty good at going. Lately I have settled into a routine of going 4 times a week (Tuesday,Thursday,Saturday,Sunday) and one day I will do cardio and upper body and than my next day i will do cardio and lower body. Right now I am 185 lbs and for my height (6'2") that is not bad but I would prefer to drop down to 170 -175 lbs. But more than weight loss I just want to tone up and get healthier overall. So I have been trying to eat a lot more veggies and salads and for the most I have been pretty good but every now and than I break down and eat to much crap (usually over the weekend cause I tend to graze when I am bored). But still overall I think I have been doing fairly well and I am looking forward to hopefully seeing some more improvements as the months progress.

Cajungal

Cajungal

*looks out at the rain* Yeah...

*gets back on the stationary bike*
better than nothin!

SpecialKO

SpecialKO

I don't have a weight goal so much as I want to be in decent enough shape to do http://runforyourlives.com/ next time they're local-ish.

Right now, I would need a bicycle to escape the zombie hordes. And only if they didn't have their own.

BananaHands

BananaHands

I'd like to think that when I'm at the gym, I'm preparing for the zombie apocalypse.

SpecialKO

SpecialKO

I keep meaning to give https://www.zombiesrungame.com/ a try, but I keep having my planned times to go running upended. Or it rains.

BananaHands

BananaHands

I need to cut my drinking down by one day. I managed to work out all but one day last week, but I feel like I killed it with a weekend of binge drinking.

:confused:

Azurephoenix

Azurephoenix

Weight is a meaningless number to me... I currently weigh 172 lbs (I'm 6'0") but my waist is bigger than it was when I weighed 190 (probably because that was all muscle). I was in awesome shape two years ago, could run 10km no problem, benching more than my bodyweight, could do all kinds of exercises with no problem and had lots of energy. Unfortunately I fell off the wagon hard and no longer have any of my strength or endurance and I am trying hard to fix that.

I'm going to have our home gym setup in my basement by the end of this month and hopefully I will be ready to start my P90x program in a few weeks from now (need to train to do the training program... gah).

Hopefully I'll look back at this in August with a hearty "hell yeah!"

HowDroll

HowDroll

I need to cut my drinking down by one day. I managed to work out all but one day last week, but I feel like I killed it with a weekend of binge drinking.

:confused:
I solved that problem last night by making Jameson a meal.

fade

fade

Started going back to Yoga and swimming. Wife has also altered her cooking to help me loose weight.
Pray she does not alter it further.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Been doing P90X for the last month or so... then I gaffed off a week. I will repeat this week, and apply myself harder to it.

Currently sitting at 237, aiming for 203 by July 12th.

The single best thing I've done for my weight loss is to stop drinking sodas (no matter HOW good they taste... *sniff sniff*), and my wife was pleased when I showed her what the meal plan for P90X looked like - she can now shop appropriately without feeling like I'm asking her for arbitrary stuff.

I've held off on on the running while doing this, but I'm wondering if, with a little judicious juggling, I'll be able to fit both exercise routines into my morning. That would be harder, but very doable, I think. *grins*

Adam

Adam

Started at a hefty 230, which isn't horrible at 6', but left me a little portlier around the middle than I'd like. Dropped as low as 212 about a month ago, before work stress, life stress and a general dissatisfaction plumped me up to 220. The goal is 200 which is completely achievable before summer taking into account a new corporate wellness initiative that I've been drafted into as well as regular kick boxing practice.

Azurephoenix

Azurephoenix

Been doing P90X for the last month or so... then I gaffed off a week. I will repeat this week, and apply myself harder to it.

Currently sitting at 237, aiming for 203 by July 12th.

The single best thing I've done for my weight loss is to stop drinking sodas (no matter HOW good they taste... *sniff sniff*), and my wife was pleased when I showed her what the meal plan for P90X looked like - she can now shop appropriately without feeling like I'm asking her for arbitrary stuff.

I've held off on on the running while doing this, but I'm wondering if, with a little judicious juggling, I'll be able to fit both exercise routines into my morning. That would be harder, but very doable, I think. *grins*

How are you finding the P90x program so far? I'm going to be starting it in a about a month's time if all goes well.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Ran around the damn kids' track after choir practice... Was determined I work out web though I was exhausted! I'm so glad I did! Now it's time to cook up some beans and roast some veggies. I wanted to pick up food so badly but I I'd not!! Someone high five me!

Gusto

Gusto

I HIGH-FIVE YOU!

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Cajungal: HIGH ALL THE FIVES!

How are you finding the P90x program so far? I'm going to be starting it in a about a month's time if all goes well.
It's pretty good, but you really REALLY need to make sure that you're not cheesing it (like I have been, the last week *sighs*). Also, make sure that you have the weights that you need: A low set, a normal set, and a high set (for biceps). I started with a "mere" pair of 25 pounders, and found that for what they were requiring me to do, even that weight was too high for some of the exercises. I will be rolling with 15s, 25s, and 40s after all is said and done.

Frank

Frank

I ran a bunch of miles this afternoon, so high five Cajungal because I hate it.

BananaHands

BananaHands

Just curious, does anyone stretch regularly?

Mathias

Mathias

I masturbated. Worked out my arms, and dropped a bit of fluid weight.

Go me!

Terrik

Terrik

Wife has also altered her cooking to help me loose weight.
Haha, I said nothing silly here. Jerks!

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Pray she doesn't alter it further?
Pray she does not alter it further.

Terrik

Terrik

Pray I don't alter my post further!

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Dan shot first!

Azurephoenix

Azurephoenix

It's pretty good, but you really REALLY need to make sure that you're not cheesing it (like I have been, the last week *sighs*). Also, make sure that you have the weights that you need: A low set, a normal set, and a high set (for biceps). I started with a "mere" pair of 25 pounders, and found that for what they were requiring me to do, even that weight was too high for some of the exercises. I will be rolling with 15s, 25s, and 40s after all is said and done.

I'll make sure to borrow a few sets of lower weights from my parents (who haven't used them in... ever). I'm assuming I need a chin-up bar too right? How far into the 3 months are you now?

Frank

Frank

In the mornings.

figmentPez

figmentPez

I need to. I've lost a lot of flexibility and regular stretching helps reduce my back pain.

BananaHands

BananaHands

I've been trying to stretch daily over the last few weeks, am able to touch my toes again, but I don't seem to be getting any better with that.

Also, going to attempt to eat healthy at buffalo wild wings. Yeesh.

Frank

Frank

I've been trying to stretch daily over the last few weeks, am able to touch my toes again, but I don't seem to be getting any better with that.

Non-breaded chicken wings are a great cheat food for people trying to lose weight if eaten sparingly.

BananaHands

BananaHands

Do they have those there? I know they have them at Tilted Kilt (they're also grilled!)

I was just going to go with the naked tenders.

Gared

Gared

I'm trying to ween myself off of cigarettes. Quitting cold turkey hasn't worked, drugs (Rx) haven't worked, patches haven't worked, lozenges haven't worked, gum hasn't worked, and slowly weening myself off by stepping down one cigarette per day per week hasn't worked. So now I'm going to try to be a bit more aggressive in the weening off process, by forcing myself to go down one a day, starting with 7 today, until I hit 1, and then to quit completely.

BananaHands

BananaHands

I'm trying to ween myself off of cigarettes. Quitting cold turkey hasn't worked, drugs (Rx) haven't worked, patches haven't worked, lozenges haven't worked, gum hasn't worked, and slowly weening myself off by stepping down one cigarette per day per week hasn't worked. So now I'm going to try to be a bit more aggressive in the weening off process, by forcing myself to go down one a day, starting with 7 today, until I hit 1, and then to quit completely.
Have you tried the electronic cigarette? I hear that helps weening people off.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

I'll make sure to borrow a few sets of lower weights from my parents (who haven't used them in... ever). I'm assuming I need a chin-up bar too right? How far into the 3 months are you now?
I'm re-doing week 4 right now, on account my schedule got shot all to hell, as well as my workout. After that, it's full-steam ahead!

Yeah... I use one of those "Iron Gym" doorframe pull-up bars... it's not ideal (at 6'2" I have to bend my knees to keep my feet off the ground) but it's better than nothing.

drifter

drifter

Dynamic stretching, dude.

BananaHands

BananaHands

My dentist told me I look like I've been working out? So.. uh, cool?

Also just signed up for a Rock n' Roll Marathon. Figure it'd give me some more motivation than some creepy dentist.

Cajungal

Cajungal

So you don't have fat teeth anymore?

Allen who is Quiet

Allen who is Quiet

My dentist told me I look like I've been working out? So.. uh, cool?
You look like you've been working out. I can tell because your clothes look really good on your body.

Now lay down and open your mouth.

Cajungal

Cajungal

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1336270560.796473.jpg

This is it, folks. My wedding shower dress. My wedding dress fits fine, but this little number... Well, I bought it from a second hand store knowing it was just the tiniest bit snug. If I can lose enough before June to be able to wear it comfortably, I'll consider it a victory.

Tried the thing on last week, and I have a little room left to find... Wish me luck!

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

Ah, good luck!!

Find something that motivates you and stick with it! (I hang pictures of the costumes I want to fit in to on the fridge - 'Do I really need the bowl of ice cream? Naw, an apple will do!")

Cajungal

Cajungal

It's hanging out where I can see it. Also, I started putting red dots on the tops of my hands. I'm always covered in ink at my job, so it doesn't look weird.. And when I reach for something it reminds me not to be a chubbikins. This evening I enjoyed a couple of handfuls of Chex Mix instead of stealing Jake's ice cream when I felt like a snack. Small win, but I'll take it.

SeraRelm

Do you make your own or just buy the fat saturated pre-bagged kind?

Cajungal

Cajungal

Pre-bagged. I read the label, and I had about half a serving, which means ~ 0.5-0.7 grams of saturated fat. It's not something I buy, but I thought I'd enjoy the last of it. :)

SeraRelm

Make your own!

Cajungal

Cajungal

DON'T HURT ME!!! Homemade is superior, for sure.

SeraRelm

Dei

Dei

So I've lost 15 pounds since December, but I have 8-10 pounds left to go and I'm losing motivation and haven't lost more weight in a month. I clearly need to buy myself something that will fit better once I lose those 10 more pounds and hold it over myself as motivation. Hmmm.

Cajungal

Cajungal

It's actually working for me. I thought it was unwise, but it turned out to be a good move. Good luck to you and congrats on your success so far! You will definitely reach your goals. :) Those plateaus are rough, though. It was easy when I was 220 lb and the fat just vanished after I stopped eating garbage. But now... man, I have to work for it.

Dei

Dei

We went to Disney World a month ago and walking around non stop for those 5 days totally boosted my metabolism and the weight would have melted off for sure... except I stopped watching my calories and turned into Piggy McPiggerston instead. So the up to my metabolism kept me from putting the weight BACK ON at least, but I'm still sad with myself lol.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Awww man. Been there.

Krisken

Krisken

Ok, hopping onto the weight loss train. Don't get me wrong, I'm not large by any means, but I've definitely gained a few extra pounds I could do without. Currently I'm 160, which is 25 lbs above my high school weight.
Did a little exercise on the bowflex. I think if I keep working my abs I'll be able to shed the soft stomach fairly easy. Fingers crossed!

BananaHands

BananaHands

Fell off the wagon a bit last week. Only worked out about two days and ate like crap over the weekend.

But, started off this week by buying a bunch of veggies for salad and will force myself to the gym as much as possible.

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

Just keep at it :)

I have fallen to the wayside a bit as well. But I'm definately getting back on track this week. Went on a 3 mile hike yesterday, will do something today and am going frisbee golfing on Wed. Yay activities!

I also have a 'moment of truth' today. Bought my Harley Quinn shorts a size smaller, so I'm seeing how they fit today.

BananaHands

BananaHands

Yay activities!
I need to find more activities to occupy my time with. Anything that'll keep me away from my PS3, laptop or TV. Going to the gym is great and all, but it's reeeaaal hard to motivate myself to just punish myself for 1-2 hours.

Azurephoenix

Azurephoenix

I need to find more activities to occupy my time with. Anything that'll keep me away from my PS3, laptop or TV. Going to the gym is great and all, but it's reeeaaal hard to motivate myself to just punish myself for 1-2 hours.

Fight club.

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

Fight club.
Shhhh Azure, we don't talk about that.

BananaHands, I don't know whats near you, but some of the things I love to do - besides the gym: Running, or going on walks, hiking, frisbee golf, ultimate frisbee with friends, swimming, rock climbing, dancing, any 'orgainized' (because wtih my friends and I, almost nothing is organized) sport with friends.

Covar

Covar

Play hockey. Since starting I've only lost ~2 pounds (granted I didn't weigh myself right before I started so it could be more, and it's only once a week right now), but I have noticed things are fitting better.

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

Well, and you could be replacing fat with muscle. Sometimes people just switch one out for the other.

Also..tried on my Harley shorts...and they're not to bad. I still have work to do most definately, but they do fit as of right now. Yay! I think I'm going to dance today to celebrate.

Krisken

Krisken

Exercised again today. My arms feel like jelly, so lets see if I can keep this up.

SeraRelm

Dance with me Kags! Dance the dance of life!

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

Join me Sera, JOIN ME!

Adam

Adam

Join me Sera, JOIN ME!

Cajungal

Cajungal

Free hour of Zumba at work!! And I feel like taking a walk, too. Maybe after dinner.

SeraRelm

Join me Sera, JOIN ME!
I made this just for you.

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

Yes please!

BananaHands

BananaHands

Oh, with all the hubablub going on the forum I forgot to congratulate mr_thehun on quitting smoking!

SeraRelm

Good for you, Hun.

Hylian

Hylian

I have been working out at the gym for awhile now but recently I noticed my abs were not getting as good of a work out as they probably should. So I decided to start doing situps at night and man my stomach/abs are freaking sore. I know it will pass soon enough but man I was not expecting them to be that sore just from doing some situps.

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

you can see me at 0:26 one year ago.

Since I saw this video again two days ago, that phisique is my objective.

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

I'm doing a Couch to 5k program. I'm not exactly following it because I am so out of shape that it took me 3 weeks to be able to do the Week 1 workout. BUT I am doing over a mile everytime I go out which is a helluva lot more than I was doing a month ago. Also throwing yoga in there now so I stay flexible.
My actual goal is to be able to run with my husband when he gets back from this deployment.

Piotyr

Piotyr

I don't know, it looks like you have kind of an Emma Watson thing going.

BananaHands

BananaHands

Couch to 5K program made me think of a marathon that starts out with some couch bummin' time.

Also, I'm debating if I want to be that socially awkward dude in a yoga class.

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

Piotyr - Oh you.

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

Couch to 5K program made me think of a marathon that starts out with some couch bummin' time.
It does start with couch bummin' time. The uniform consists of a white t-shirt streaked with Cheetos handprints and black pants with an elastic waistband.

BananaHands

BananaHands

It does start with couch bummin' time. The uniform consists of a white t-shirt streaked with Cheetos handprints and black pants with an elastic waistband.
"The race will begin as soon as Friends wraps up."

SeraRelm

Better a couch to 5k than a gurney to 5k. :awesome:
I'm hoping my lungs will be ok to do more than the stationary bike and work sometime soon. Withe the weather slowly improving, I'd like to go back out on the trails.

Krisken

Krisken

A whole 4 miles biking yesterday (real biking, not in a basement) and today did the lower body exercises. So far I have a good consistency on exercising. Lets see if I can lay off the soda (this one can a day is tough)!

Gared

Gared

I've been doing an incredibly poor job of working on my fitness goals, though my wife and I are planning to pick up some actual real yoga mats and DVDs (as opposed to Wii Fit Plus Yoga) and get some walking/running done as the weather warms back up some. In the meantime, though, it's back to the metformin for me.

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

Better a couch to 5k than a gurney to 5k. :awesome:
The first day I thought I was going to need a gurney. Once Doc and I were talking about doing the Insanity workout (I think that was it) and he said he knew it was good because he puked - or nearly puked. That was almost me, though I wasn't so enthusiastic about feeling like I was going to lose my dinner because I ran for 45 seconds.

Dei

Dei

So I have been making myself a new dress, but I screwed up and it's going to end up a little too small. DIET CARROT GOOO.

Cajungal

Cajungal

So I was bad today. I love sour candies, but I never never buy them. So while I was at the drug store getting a card for mom, I also picked up a box of sour patch kids. I wish I could say I regret it, but I regret NOTHING!

SeraRelm

How many are left...?

Frank

Frank

I keep acting like the whole breakup isn't bothering me much, but I've put on like 10 pounds in the last week or two. So, obviously I'm compensating with food. Also, not exercising.

This needs to change.

Dei

Dei

Finished my dress. I can either wear it, or breathe. ;) Should be good for at least 5 pounds of motivation.

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

Breathing is overrated. ;)

Cajungal

Cajungal

They're all dead, Sera. It's off to the pool for me today.

Good luck, Dei and Frank!

BananaHands

BananaHands

Managed to work out five times last week! Also, been trying to eat a bit healthier and get more protein in. Been waking up early and making this sexy thing.​
Egg white omelette with turkey sausage and half a slice of those no-fat kraft cheddar singles.​

Azurephoenix

Azurephoenix

Ugh, I'll be starting my P90x program next week and I'm dreading how sore and tired I'm going to be for the first few weeks.

But I'm also excited at the prospect of being in awesome shape again.

BananaHands

BananaHands

Oh, and lunch. I miss McDonalds.

Gared

Gared

Man, I would take a salad like that over McDonald's any day.

SeraRelm

The fried chicken and croutons sort of cancel it out a bit. :hide:

BananaHands

BananaHands

Grilled chicken!

And I can't help the croutons. I got the low-fat ones, but yeah, I know.

Salads without croutons just bore me. At least I used balsamic vinegar? That's healthier than salad dressing!

SeraRelm

I'm just surprised it wasn't a raw steak you cut with a machete from the flank of a cow fleeing in terror. Wait, wrong thread for that.

I think I'll have an en-o-gee drink and some fig newtons for lunch...

BananaHands

BananaHands

I strangled that chicken with my bare hands and threw it on a pile of burning orphans before I cut it up, thankyouverymuch.

SeraRelm

So you "choked your chicken" over some "hot kids"?

Cajungal

Cajungal

If anyone is in to yoga, I recommend te Yogatic channel on YouTube, by Esther Eckhart. It's wonderful. I do some of her flow routines or her hip opening routine a few nights a week. It's really enjoyable, and she's a good instructor.

BananaHands

BananaHands

So you "choked your chicken" over some "hot kids"?

Cajungal

Cajungal

I love my room mother. She brought me whole grain pita hips, fresh homegrown cucumber, and homemade hummus for lunch. Also some peppermint tea! :D

Cajungal

Cajungal

Chips... Not hips.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

... Guys, I have a confession to make... I've fallen off the wagon.

It started about week 4 of P90x, because, y'know... fuck Yoga X. I am not, nor have I EVER been flexible enough for that shit.

So I swore I would re-do that week, and that feel through because of some awkward court scheduling that shot my workout time to hell.

So I said I would just plow ahead and go on to week 5. This was last week.

*sigh* I think I may just start the whole program over again. Stupid stupid stupid!

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

If anyone is in to yoga, I recommend te Yogatic channel on YouTube, by Esther Eckhart. It's wonderful. I do some of her flow routines or her hip opening routine a few nights a week. It's really enjoyable, and she's a good instructor.
Thank you for this! I have been looking for a good yoga channel on YouTube. I like to do it as a warm up before I run. It seems to help my knees a lot.

Frank

Frank

... Guys, I have a confession to make... I've fallen off the wagon.

It started about week 4 of P90x, because, y'know... fuck Yoga X. I am not, nor have I EVER been flexible enough for that shit.

So I swore I would re-do that week, and that feel through because of some awkward court scheduling that shot my workout time to hell.

So I said I would just plow ahead and go on to week 5. This was last week.

*sigh* I think I may just start the whole program over again. Stupid stupid stupid!
Dude, yoga sucks nuts at first, and I am flexible as all hell. You just got to get used to it. Your first couple of weeks of Yoga is going to be hell.

Also, I learned today that I can make delicious homemade orange julius that are out of this world and only really have the calories of the orange juice.

strawman

strawman

Also, I learned today that I can make delicious homemade orange julius that are out of this world and only really have the calories of the orange juice.
Oh? Do tell!

Frank

Frank

2 cups of orange juice, two cups of ice, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, 1/4 cup of splenda, 1 large egg white

Blend on highest setting for a minute or so. Makes 34-36 ounces of drink. I substituted the sugar for splenda but I'm going to try it next time without any sweetener as it was a little too sweet for me and I guess splenda's probably worse than sugar anyway as we learn most artificial sweeteners are.

I guess the egg white adds a dozen calories or so but that's negligible.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Thank you for this! I have been looking for a good yoga channel on YouTube. I like to do it as a warm up before I run. It seems to help my knees a lot.
Glad to help! She's got a great demeanor for a yoga teacher, and she keeps reminding you what your different body parts should be doing.

Krisken

Krisken

Added to my weights today... OOF! I think the leg curls were the worst of the bunch and I'm just glad the muscle didn't cramp up in my right leg.

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

Glad to help! She's got a great demeanor for a yoga teacher, and she keeps reminding you what your different body parts should be doing.
I actually did the first two beginner videos instead of running today. My legs are aching.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Oh yeah, those are great. She takes it pretty slow, but they're still really challenging. I still do those.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Oh God... climbing back on the wagon HURTS, y'all...

In all seriousness, my left elbow appears to be... not happy with certain exercises... I don't know if I've hyper-extended it, if it's just tennis elbow and I'm being a baby, or what, but whenever I'm at extension or rotating my arm (i.e. doing pushups or doing pours), I get stabbing pains emanating from it, and I can feel something... not right in there (for lack of a better word).

Gonna get a brace and keep going with some Motrin. If it keeps up, it'll be time to wuss out and check in with the doc...

Crafter

I lost about 40 pounds over the course of 2010-2011, but I've been at a constant weight since about a year ago. I mostly have muscle to gain and about 5 or 10 pounds to lose before I hit my goal.

Tomorrow after work is when I start hitting the gym again. D:

Azurephoenix

Azurephoenix

Oh God... climbing back on the wagon HURTS, y'all...

In all seriousness, my left elbow appears to be... not happy with certain exercises... I don't know if I've hyper-extended it, if it's just tennis elbow and I'm being a baby, or what, but whenever I'm at extension or rotating my arm (i.e. doing pushups or doing pours), I get stabbing pains emanating from it, and I can feel something... not right in there (for lack of a better word).

Gonna get a brace and keep going with some Motrin. If it keeps up, it'll be time to wuss out and check in with the doc...

I'm going to be joining you this weekend... I'm starting up the P90x program on Saturday. If I don't return... I probably died in my basement...

strawman

strawman

Everyone's seemingly talking about the P90x program. Aside from the 60-90 minutes per day and the cost of the program, what supplements does it suggest for the diet? If I were to consider it, would I be spending a lot of money on supplements? Are there other costs aside from the weights/bands, mats, pushup and pullup tools, and chair?

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

It just lays out a diet plan, and that's about it. Good diet and plenty of exercise. The only "supplement" it seems to recommend is the "Recovery Drink" from Beachbody.com, but I think I've got that replicated by mixing Powerade with Wheybolic protein. *grins*

Krisken

Krisken

Upped the weights a bit on my upper body routine. I love how for the first 30 minutes after a routine I actually look like I have muscles. :D

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Yeah... it really is nice and motivating to look like you've got visible results.

The best is when you see it after a couple weeks, and it's NOT immediately after your workout. *flex, gleam*

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

Today is a "recovery" day for me. I'm not doing any exercise though I may do some yoga tonight when the kids are in bed just to stretch and relax. Also, it's been one month since I started this program.

Krisken

Krisken

Yeah... it really is nice and motivating to look like you've got visible results.

The best is when you see it after a couple weeks, and it's NOT immediately after your workout. *flex, gleam*
That's the thing. I've always been a smaller fellow, and when I worked at the factory I got some visible muscle definition. I've been slacking for the last couple of years and started looking like my old self. I've never really 'bulked up' much. It's rather strange it's taken this long in life (35 years old) to start getting that.

Cajungal

Cajungal

I did my 30 minute Zumba routine in the pool.

BananaHands

BananaHands

I just found out that doing cardio immediately before lifting is terrible.

Sigh. I wish I knew what I was doing.

Azurephoenix

Azurephoenix

Depends entirely on what you are training for and what kind of gains you are looking to achieve.

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

Are you going to a gym? Some of them offer a free personal training session to help you out when you're first starting.

fade

fade

Goku does them simultaneously.

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

Hells yes! I just did 1.82 miles with an average pace of 18:14/mi and my running pace was 15:44/mi (which for me is a major improvement)! I felt like I was doing jack crap while I was working out, but then to see those number just made the whole thing turn right around. I think I can actually say I feel the endorphins today. YAY ME!

Hylian

Hylian

Well depending on if I am supposed to minus 3 or 5 pounds for my clothes/shoes/phone/wallet/etc than I am either 181 pounds or I am 179 pounds.

Either way I am super stoked! :D

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

Yeah funny thing about endorphins. They kind of hang around for a bit apparently and make you think goofy things. Like how after I do the Couch to 5K I should train for a half marathon. Crazy thing is - I'm seriously considering it.

Krisken

Krisken

Ok, from 161 down to 157 after 2 weeks. I also upped the number of reps for the lower body and plan to do the same for upper body either tomorrow or Sunday.

Soon, I shall have my stomach back, oh yes!

fade

fade

That'll look nice for bikini season.

You are a chick, right?

Krisken

Krisken

That'll look nice for bikini season.

You are a chick, right?
Totally, though It's more likely I'm gender-less.

David

David

My weight is stubbornly refusing to stay below 220 for very long at any time. Doesn't help when my household is full of junk food more often then healthy food and I have no say in the grocery shopping.

Krisken

Krisken

Ok, did the upper and lower body exercises today while upping either number per repetition or weight. My arms feel all jello like and I can feel my back stiffening up already.

So worth it, though. The inlaws are starting to make comments about how much better I'm looking.

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

This week sucks already as far as finding a minute to exercise! It's my son's last week of school and there is something to attend every morning. I have to talk to my neighbor about her daughter sitting with my kids in the evening. I have been hesitant since my neighbor's brother is visiting and I feel like I'm butting into their family time.

figmentPez

figmentPez

Progress is really slow in getting into shape. The recent nose-dive in my health really slowed down improving my aerobic capability, but the pain has also made me too nauseous to eat, so I've lost about 5 pounds in the last couple months. Overall I've definitely got more muscle and less fat than I did this time last year. I was about 160 then, I think, and I'm a little under 155 now, but I've definitely put on muscle too. Hard not to, considering just how much I'd lost in areas like my back. Still need to build up basic support muscles.

2012_05_22 Fitness Update compared to 2011_04_18.JPG

EDIT: I have no idea what my plans and goals for the future are. My going into the hospital is leaving a lot of stuff up into the air. Hopefully changes in my diet and whatever medications they put me on don't ruin the progress I've made so far.

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

Ran 1.86mi with an average pace of 17:55 mi/min and a running pace of 16:00 mi/min

GO ME!!

and I'm so sweaty I look like I wet myself. Eeep!

Cajungal

Cajungal

Woo!

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

I think I'm starting to feel results of my exercising. My three pairs of running pants will not stay up anymore. Success! Hopefully I can actually start to see results in a few weeks.

I hope everyone else is doing well!!

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Damaged my left elbow last week after promising myself to get back at it.

FML. I will get past this, cease injuring myself and/or using said injuries as a block to working out, and I WILL lose this weight!

Krisken

Krisken

Damaged my left elbow last week after promising myself to get back at it.

FML. I will get past this, cease injuring myself and/or using said injuries as a block to working out, and I WILL lose this weight!
You can do it, OC!

David

David

I seem to be having an issue in which I very strongly crave sugary drinks after running a mile. I'll drink water but still crave soda. As if my body is saying "F*** you, I needed those calories! Give them back!"

Cajungal

Cajungal

I got sick and couldn't eat anything but soup for 4 days. I look way less bulky, and noticing this motivated me to take my calorie counting more seriously. So... Hooray for sinus infections?

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

C'mon Officer_Charon, you can get past this! It's a good idea to let that elbow heal up before you exercise it again, but...if I were you I would do more muscle specific things. Don't give up because of an injury. Work out your legs, your abs and let your arms take a break. You can do it!

David, I crave sugar after exercising, not sugary drinks, but still something sweet. I always grab some fruit after nearly every workout. This may help you. It will give you something healthy to eat and still satisfy your sugar craving.

Cajungal, I'm sorry you've been sick. I'm glad you feel more motivated now though. I hope you can keep it up.

SeraRelm

LittleKagsin; Halforum's montage music in text form.

LittleSin

LittleSin

I seem to be having an issue in which I very strongly crave sugary drinks after running a mile. I'll drink water but still crave soda. As if my body is saying "F*** you, I needed those calories! Give them back!"
There are signs all around my local gym explaining why this happens!

...I can't remember what they say but they are there!

The suggestion that my doctor made was to drink a cup of chocolate milk to satisfy the craving.

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

Hey, I just realised I never posted a fitness goal, just my weight troubles!
My objective is to be able to do one hour of elyptical at a nice speed without getting too tired.

In a few months I'll tell you I I managed to do it.

Wahad

Wahad

Ran 1.86mi with an average pace of 17:55 mi/min and a running pace of 16:00 mi/min
Posts like this make me sad because I used to be able to run five miles in half an hour. Heck, I ran the track of the Circus Maximus in Rome in just under 3 minutes when I was there with my class. And I want to start running again but then laziness takes over and I don't.

Oh well, time to go back to Diablo 3.

Dei

Dei

My biggest accomplishment ever when it came to running was breaking under 10 minutes for the mile run for the physical fitness test in High School. My brother was one of those assholes who could do it in 6 minutes. I ignored him. Now I can walk 2.3 miles in 35 minutes or so, but if I try to jog instead of run I turn into weak sad chest hurting jello. lol.

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

Posts like this make me sad because I used to be able to run five miles in half an hour. Heck, I ran the track of the Circus Maximus in Rome in just under 3 minutes when I was there with my class. And I want to start running again but then laziness takes over and I don't.

Oh well, time to go back to Diablo 3.
You should seriously pick up running again. Do you know how awesome it is to do 5 miles in 30 minutes? Consistently running 6 minute miles is not the easiest thing ever. In general, runners train to work up to that time when starting out.
Maybe you just having running talent. :)

....My PR when I was in high school was a 6:30 mile with my 5k time being 22 minutes.

HowDroll

HowDroll

I've always been a terrible runner. The first time I was ever able to run a mile without stopping was about a year ago, and then I started grad school, fell off the exercise wagon, and went back to being a lazy, sad sack of shit. It's been a huge mental hurdle for me to overcome as an adult; it's hard to ignore that nagging little voice that says, "If you couldn't do this shit when you were in shape from swim team/dance in high school, what the hell makes you think you'll be able to do it now when you're 30-40 pounds heavier?"

I'm doing pretty well with my running again, though, now that it's warm and I can head back out on the trail. I'm hoping to run a 5k in June, and then maybe a 10k this fall.

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

Just keep at it. Even if you have a set back, get back up and try again. I fall off the exercise wagon all the time...

SeraRelm

I can't like that because then it looks like I'm liking you falling off of a wagon...

Adam

Adam

I can't like that because then it looks like I'm liking you falling off of a wagon...
Got you covered yo!

SeraRelm

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

I have never considered myself a good runner. My best time for the mile in high school was 12 minutes. In the past when I have attempted to run I've ended up with sprained knees. I also didn't get good running shoes back then and I didn't pay much attention to my posture while running. This time I feel like I'm more dedicated to it. I've been reminding myself that even if it is a "bad" day I still did some exercise. That's what counts for me at this point. I have a little saying taped to my fridge - "No matter how slow you go, you're still lapping everyone on the couch". If you want to do it, then you have to set a goal (or a few goals since I like making short term and long term goals) and then make yourself do it. Getting started is the hardest part.

SeraRelm

Lapping someone on the couch is good.

I'm done...:okay:

fade

fade

You should seriously pick up running again. Do you know how awesome it is to do 5 miles in 30 minutes? Consistently running 6 minute miles is not the easiest thing ever. In general, runners train to work up to that time when starting out.
Maybe you just having running talent. :)

....My PR when I was in high school was a 6:30 mile with my 5k time being 22 minutes.
2nd in the state meet mile, 1994. That was a long time ago. I had 5ks in the 17s, which still only got me 22nd place out of 7 runners from each school in SC.

All of which, sadly, just goes to prove that you can be brainy and brawny, and people still call you a nerd. They couldn't care less if you're a nerd that can beat them up. They still laugh and point while you're holding them up by the neck and punching them in the face.

Hylian

Hylian

I bought a pair of size 32 relaxed fit jeans last month that just barely fit. I noticed today when I went to put them on that they are fairly loose on me (as in any more loose and I would need a belt) ! :D

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

2nd in the state meet mile, 1994. That was a long time ago. I had 5ks in the 17s, which still only got me 22nd place out of 7 runners from each school in SC.
Woooow, thats awesome! I don't think I'm a good runner, but I sure enjoy it a whole lot. I admire people who are good at it, so very much.

evilmike

evilmike

Passed 2000 miles on the bike this week.

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

I have the urge to dress in a cheerleader outfit, complete with pom poms, and cheer everyone on.

Keep it up everyone!

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

I have the urge to dress in a cheerleader outfit, complete with pom poms, and cheer everyone on.

Keep it up everyone!
I know what Jay's gonna request in the Cosplay thread now... *wry chuckle*

Seriously though, thanks for the motivation. It helps!

SeraRelm

Keep it up everyone!
Oy!

Kovac

Kovac

I should have gone running today but rain and video games convinced me not to.

But I did manage to run 10.4 miles yesterday.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

I have started going to the local SCA chapter's fight practices before work on Saturdays. Tell me that wearing armor and fighting medieval-style in Southern heat ain't a workout, and I'll punch you in the throat. *grins* My shoulders are KILLING me...

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

I did yoga on Friday. My feet, rib cage, and abs are still sore.

Azurephoenix

Azurephoenix

Finally started running yesterday. Ran for about 30 minutes at an average pace of 5.2 mph. I am horrendously out of shape. I can't even fathom people running a 6 minute mile.

SeraRelm

You can do eet!

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

So, being the silly person that I am, I bought some corsets for costumes, and I bought them small - give me motivation to exercise. But the reality of them not fitting me is starting to set in.

If I don't lose weight (at least 1 inch around my waist), then I won't be able to wear my costume. UGH! Why did I do this to myself?

No slacking off now. I think it's totally do able though, 1 (perferably 2 or more) inches in 1 1/2 months? I can do this. :)

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

I think I have tendonitis in my feet.

Cajungal

Cajungal

You got it, Kags! Well , the dress fits... Except for the top. Around the top button there's a HUGE gap that I don't have time to adjust. So, plan B... A different polka dotted dress.

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

Tried running today despite my left foot still hurting. Stupid ass that I am decided it had improved enough that running on it without wrapping it first would be ok. I did a little over a mile and had to quit. My run pace was 15:44 with a overall average of 16:33 mi/min. I've iced it. I've wrapped it. It still feels like someone has a knife in the side of my foot and is trying to pry my pinky toe off.

drifter

drifter

Ahhh, don't try to push through the pain! I've learned the hard way that coming back too soon is asking for an extra couple months on the couch.

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

Which I can't afford. I have a race in November I want to enter as soon as they open registration.

Enresshou

Enresshou

Everyone's seemingly talking about the P90x program. Aside from the 60-90 minutes per day and the cost of the program, what supplements does it suggest for the diet? If I were to consider it, would I be spending a lot of money on supplements? Are there other costs aside from the weights/bands, mats, pushup and pullup tools, and chair?
Hey, stienman; it might not be the P90x, but a friend and I do fairly intensive workouts (weights, cardio, freerunning, rock climbing, etc) near the University and you'd be more than welcome to join us if you'd like.

For my own fitness goals: I'd like to get back to being able to bench 210, since I just had a crazy set of exams and wasn't able to lift for a few weeks. I'd also like to get back to being able to rock climb for a couple hours before exhaustion set in (rather than the 40 or so minutes I'm capable of now...).

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

So, a few days ago, I decided that I was going to try and eat much more slowly than I normally do. And I'm realizing that I get full much quicker when I do this. Totally gonna stick with it and see if it helps/makes a difference for me.

I just wanted to mention it in case anyone else wanted to maybe give it a go. :)

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

I'm of the "Food's not doing me any good on the OUTSIDE of me" school of eating (which occasionally leads to snide comments about how much I can fit in my mouth, and making some man happy someday), so I might have to give this a try sometime...

Cajungal

Cajungal

Eating slower definitely works. One of the good things I got out of Weight Watchers was that they made you analyze your hunger with a number scale. It's kind of like this:

5-4: You're uncomfortably hungry and are in danger of overeating. Be very mindful of portions and eating speed.
3. You feel hungry, but not very uncomfortable. You can keep your energy up by having a small meal.
2-1: You feel comfortable and satisfied, perhaps a little too full if you're at a 1.
0: You have overeaten and are probably uncomfortably full.

The goal was to stay between 2 and 3 all day. It's very hard to do when you work full time and can't really get away or stop whenever you feel like you need a little boost. I keep a baggie of raw almonds in my teacher bag/purse to try and stay on track.

SeraRelm

What if you feel between those without eating most of the time? I should look this up for myself, but I feel like distracting you so I can discipline you some more.:awesome:

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

I used to feel the exact same way OC. I call it the 'shovel method'. And where I'm not super picky, I would pretty much eat anything in sight. I'm completely enjoying my 'savor it' method now. Food tastes better to me now that I slow down and enjoy it. :)

That's an awesome scale, thanks for sharing Cajungal! Good thing to keep in mind. Woo!

evilmike

evilmike

58 miles today.

Hylian

Hylian

I weighed myself today and I am down to 177lbs!

I still want to lose a little more weight so I can get down to 170lbs but still I have been making good progress and hopefully it will keep progressing along nicely.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Yay!

I just did the HELL out of my Zumba routine. This is a layer of badassery, though it looks like sweat.

Hylian

Hylian

One thing that has me a bit flustered is the fact that I have size 32 pair of jeans that are practically falling off me and yet when I measure my waist it says I have a 35" waist. I understand that all jeans fit differently but I would have figured if a size 32 pair of jeans were loose on me I would have a 32" or a 33" waist but no I have a 35" waist. I just can't quite figure it out I have been dieting and for the most part eating healthy. I work out 4 time a week and I weigh 177lbs which is withing my weight range (although I still want to drop down to 170lbs) and yet despite my pants falling of me I find my waist size barely dropping (or at least not as fast as it seems like it should considering everything)

drifter

drifter

Men's jeans have vanity sizing, too.

-edit-

Hmm, the article I was thinking of actually talks about casual dress pants, not jeans, so perhaps it's not applicable.
Still, I'd guess it's more likely than not that it applies to jeans as well. Here's the graphic:

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

Went to the doctor.

My body fat is almost sickness because it's so high.
My muscle mass is almost sickness because it's so low.

I'm basically the Stay Puft sailor.

HowDroll

HowDroll

Well, I'm registered for my first 5k in Kansas City on July 1. My goal is to run the whole thing -- time be damned. At least the color powder should disguise how horribly disgusting I'll look by the end of it! I'll post pics :)

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

Good luck!!

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

Ooh the Color Run! I'm doing the one here in November.

BananaHands

BananaHands

Haven't really posted in here lately, but I'm really starting to see some changes. Also, running around for a week at Bonnaroo didn't hurt with the light-eating and a lot of walking and running around with camera equipment.

A bit sick, but I'm gonna force myself to the gym tonight to keep it going.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

I'm not going to continue to walk until my feet are ready to fall off like I did in DC last week, but I should try to fit *something* in to my routine. I want to keep that weight I've lost OFF.

SeraRelm

blah... so hot now. 6 mile run when I haven't done much lately was dumb.

Kovac

Kovac

My running hasn't been going so well lately because of how cold it has been outside lately.

I don't know if it makes me a pansy or not but I find it hard to work up the extra motivation it takes to get my body moving in the freezing cold. Until it warms up again I think i'm going to have to try to make up for it at the gym :\

Cajungal

Cajungal

Don't feel bad. Sometimes it's so hot here that I opt for an indoor workout instead of feeling nauseated and light-headed all day. It's like I can never drink enough or get cool enough afterwards, and on days when I have other stuff to do, it's not worth it. Mornings are easier.

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

I haven't run in almost 3 weeks because of my foot. I should have gone to the doctor, but I keep convincing myself that if I rest it that it will be better. I feel like a blob.

evilmike

evilmike

Today.
st lucie century.jpg

Chippy

Chippy

Fuck I love running I want to CONQUER EVERYTHING

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

Finally got back to running this week. Tonight my choice was to run uphill with the sun shining in my face or run downhill into the wind. Needless to say I did not go for the full 30 minutes. I was nauseous at the halfway mark. But I also fit in 3 sets of push-ups and planks (10, 10, and 20/set)

Silent Bob

Silent Bob

I'm going to Lake Placid this weekend for the Iron Man :csi:

LittleSin

LittleSin

I actually got to the gym three times this week! On the other two days I tried to to do something physical...but I mostly just put on a yoga youtube channel and marvelled at how flexible these people are, thus doing nothing.

Hopefully I'll get to take a walk tomorrow.

Gusto

Gusto

I'm on Day 5 of the RCMP Ladder Rung Thingie that stienman posted in Doom's thread. I don't have any real goals but I have a girl now who sees me naked occasionally and I'd like her to enjoy that. :)

evilmike

evilmike

feet? km? M? CM? mm?
In order; first mm, then cm, feet, m, km, and finally miles.

BananaHands

BananaHands

Aw yeah. Signed up for a yoga class.

Other than that, been doing a steady going to the gym five days a week. Here's hoping it'll pay off eventually.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

Given all the YRG I've been doing in the last few weeks, I've been curious about something. I used to love doing the Back Bend yoga pose. But given how badly in shape I'd gotten in the past year, it wasn't possible.

Today, Dad took a picture of me attempting it and...

Snap. :D

And as an added bonus, Crane pose:

Proper Crane pose, however, asks that the legs be inside or tucked into the arms. I'm not quite there, yet, but I can balance on just my hands.

Covar

Covar

Nick if that's your entire trade shelf I'll be disappointed.

I tweaked my groin area in my last hockey game, I need to become more flexible. Maybe try this Yogurt thing, everyone on here is going on about.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

Nick if that's your entire trade shelf I'll be disappointed.

I tweaked my groin area in my last hockey game, I need to become more flexible. Maybe try this Yogurt thing, everyone on here is going on about.
Hey, there's a number of pro-wrestlers that are getting into it, too. Daniel Bryan swears by it. Orton and Santino recently got into it, too, and loving it.

As for my bookshelf, HELL NO that's not all. That's just one bookcase. There's another one right beside it. And that's not even all of my collection.

Covar

Covar

Hey, there's a number of pro-wrestlers that are getting into it, too. Daniel Bryan swears by it. Orton and Santino recently got into it, too, and loving it.

As for my bookshelf, HELL NO that's not all. That's just one bookcase. There's another one right beside it. And that's not even all of my collection.
I know there's several NHL players who are the same, Cam Ward (Goalie for the Carolina Hurricanes) swears by it.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

I know there's several NHL players who are the same, Cam Ward (Goalie for the Carolina Hurricanes) swears by it.
I'm sure it helps him get slam dunks on the field goal line.

BananaHands

BananaHands

I'd avoid the bikram(heat) yoga craze if you're serious about getting into yoga.

You won't learn any of the actual poses, and it ends up being a bit more damaging than helpful.

BananaHands

BananaHands

Check in, jerkwads. How's the progress going?

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

Going well!

I over-hauled some of my pantry this week and will continue to do so over the weekend! I'm finally take a proactive approach in my diet. I'm cutting out processed foods as much as possible. And am eating 'clean'. Which I'm quite excited for.

I'm back on the work-out horse after taking a week off to help a friend get ready for her wedding and move. (Seriously, who moves the WEEK they're getting married??)

Changing my diet to reflect my exercising, I think, is going to be the biggest help to me. Yay! I'm taking progress pictures of myself, and will hopefully continue to do so, starting to see some change in the coming weeks.

BananaHands

BananaHands

Oh man, yeah. We should do picture-progress. Keeps us more accountable.

What's your stance with bread and your diet? I've been trying to cut out as much as possible and it might be the hardest thing possible.

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

I go for wheat bread, never white, and am slowly phasing it out as much as possible. Honestly, I'm not opposed to indulging every once in a while - I've given myself one day a week (I picked Saturdays) to be more relaxed with my diet. It doesn't mean I have to cheat, just that I can and not feel guilty.

Perfect reference is perfect by the way. :)

EDIT: Oh oh, AND! You, or anyone should do picture progress with me! Maybe in 1 month I'll post my starting and where I'm at progress. As insecure as that makes me...I think it will push me that much harder if I know I have to show someone.

BananaHands

BananaHands

Oh, I'll just post this here since we're talking about diet LittleKagsin :

Here's the protein powder. GNC usually has a buy-one-get-one-half-off deal. I haven't tried the strawberry but the vanilla is great for throwing in those frozen fruit bags you can get at a grocery store.

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

Wonderful, thank you, thank you!

BananaHands

BananaHands

And yeah, we should totally do photo progress in this thread to separate it from the "I just exercised" thread. Also it'll make us all that much more accountable.

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

Count me in!

So, shall we start on, say the 13th?

Give people a few days to see this post and join in. And then I say we reveal our progess on Sept. 13th. Sound alright?

BananaHands

BananaHands

Deal.

Commence people not eating until the 13th.[DOUBLEPOST=1344525800][/DOUBLEPOST]Are we doing Biggest Loser style?

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

Like with prizes?

I'm good with whatever. If you want to set something up, I say go for it. I'm just going to do my best and take pictures, don't want the possible stress of competition to stress me out. :)

Cajungal

Cajungal

I don't outlaw most foods. Bread is too delicious. I'll just eat half of what I'd usually eat if I think a food won't be too beneficial. I'll have a half sandwich at lunch and fill in the gaps with fruit or vegetables. I eat how I plan to eat for the rest of my life, just less of it.

Exercise is going well. I still feel "softer" than I did at the beginning of the summer, but it's getting better. I walk or do my elliptical at least 25 minutes a day, more of I have the time. I do free weights and lunges every other day.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

I could do the photo check-in thing... provided that y'all will not be terrified by my savage paleness. *wry smile*

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

I think I'm just as pale Officer_Charon - I haven't seen the sun much this summer. I will not be afraid! :p

Cajungal, WasabiPoptart, ThatNickGuy and Docseverin - just throwing out a tag to see if you wanted to join us for 'picture progress'! Don't feel like you have to all, just thought you guys might be interested. :)

Cajungal

Cajungal

I might post one here or there, but don't count on me, heh.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Docseverin doesn't count!

He makes me feel like a chunk-chunk....

BananaHands

BananaHands

Woo-hah. Gimme a minute, I'll figure out how we can do this as a monthly contest. I'll probably have to make a specific thread just for the photo portion.

Docseverin

Docseverin

I am in, I won't be able to update after September 10th as I will be trying out for the Army Parachute Team.

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

Good luck Docseverin!!

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

I'll pass on the pics. Even though I'm exercising and trying to eat better, I am on medication that is making actual weight loss ridiculously slow. So while I feel the results of my running, yoga, and other exercise I don't look much different. :/ I've been told once I build more muscle that could change. But I don't care about it much. I'm happy I'm not getting winded when I chase my kids around now.

BananaHands

BananaHands

Pretty blunt wording on the top there, but interesting.

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

Less than one month until the Color Run!