Export thread

Favourite Halforum Memories

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

We've been around here now for awhile, some of us longer than others. What were some of your favourite memories of the 'ol HF? A few of mine include:

-The Muppet movie thread. Just...the whole thread, from the jokes about Green with Envy to Dave's unending quest to find Kermit in the Green with Envy poster, most especially the entire page of us reciting each line of the theme song, and then me turning into Beaker. It's still one of my favourite things on here.

-The care packages sent to North Ranger and Figment Pez.

-Mathias' hilarious pep talk to me about a girl I was interested in. I can't remember who the girl was now, but Mathias posted a picture of Beast from Beauty & the Beast wearing a monocle and top hat, talking very fancy in his caption. I knew exactly where he was going with it, so said "Soooo, what're you saying?" The next Beast caption was sans monocle & top hat, saying "DO IT FAGGOT!" which both me and Mathias laughed heartily at. I know the joke ruffled some feathers when it was repeated once or twice again, but I still thought it was hilarious.

-Gusto's reaction to his friend meeting the actor that plays Abed on Community.

-SIMILES?! (Even though the joke has run its course, I think it's still hilarious)

-This isn't what I mean when I say fuck the police." - Charlie, in the Officer Charon thread.

-Being interviewed by Jay on The Jay Show.

And that's about all that I can think of, off the top of my head.

Gusto

Gusto

The Company of Discord and Halforums House.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Technically not "halforums" as it predates the Great Upheaval, but, the "Americanization of the UK" thread. Over one hundred pages of meandering, seething vitriol.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

I don't know the first, but holy shit, I loved Halforums House. Keep hoping someone will boot up Sims 3 and hit up that shit again.

Gusto

Gusto

I don't know the first, but holy shit, I loved Halforums House. Keep hoping someone will boot up Sims 3 and hit up that shit again.
I keep thinking about it. :) There are a couple new expansions I don't have yet but I'm mulling over starting a new HFH series, for at least a little while.

Oh, and Company of Discord refers to our Ventrilo/Gametable Dungeons and Dragons group that continued for nearly 2 years on these boards. :)

Shakey

Shakey

The weird sex story thread from when we first got booted from PvP. That thread was... informative.

Azurephoenix

Azurephoenix

How did the Halforums house work in the Sims 3 anyways? That sounds hilarious.

Favorite Halforums moments:

- Sharing the unexpected vitriol about Mass Effect 3's sucky ending with like minded forumites (Jay gets a mention here... his level of hatred for the ending approaches mine).

- I loved how much Mathias/Chaz hated Guitar Hero and the few threads that ragged on him hard about it.

- The NorthRanger and FigmentPez care packages were awesome.

- The Cosplay threads. Even though I haven't been that active in them I love looking at all the well made costumes. LittleKagsin, your thread has been nothing but gold. Keep it up.

- Brofists. Brofists rule.

- Gasbandits political thread is always an interesting read. I very rarely participate but it's always full of amusing opinions/vitriol/rhetoric/facts/bullshit.

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

I feel like I haven't been here long enough....(Guess what - it's officially been a year that I've been here!)

But I was really happy to be a part of the care packages for Pezzle and North_Ranger. I enjoy warm fuzzy moments like that.

I don't know if it counts as memories, but I enjoy that I now understand most of the in-jokes. And even though most of them have run beyond the course, I still find them funny. :)

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

Muppet Nick.jpg

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

- The Cosplay threads. Even though I haven't been that active in them I love looking at all the well made costumes. LittleKagsin, your thread has been nothing but gold. Keep it up.
I want to hug you so hard.

But seriously, that makes me feel so happy. Thank you!! :heart:

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

Icarus/Iaculus

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

The Pakistani Lawyer meme we started.

car-explosion-jump.png

Lawyer Beach.png

Bowielee

Bowielee

Leapin' Lawyer owas awesome.

Also Frosty Susan.

/end thread

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

Who could forget Nick's prom night...

well besides Nick.

drifter

drifter

Silver Jelly/CynicismKills/etc. doing their muppet doodles.

Also, the Juski doodles.

Basically, anything with doodles.

Doooooodles.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

Kanye West.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

dickerdoodles?

Charlie Don't Surf

Charlie Don't Surf

the three (four?) year anniversary is coming up this Thanksgiving, isn't it?

Cajungal

Cajungal

I missed out on the SIMILES?! thing.

GasBandit

GasBandit

I missed out on the SIMILES?! thing.
Man, that's like going to epcot and not riding space mountain.

/waits for it...

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

=sigh=
I take Nick out on three dates and he doesn't even mention me.
= le sigh =

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

Shit, I knew I forgot something![DOUBLEPOST=1351814599][/DOUBLEPOST]Then again, you didn't put out, so...

Bowielee

Bowielee

Four years as of November 26th, I believe.

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

Shit, I knew I forgot something![DOUBLEPOST=1351814599][/DOUBLEPOST]Then again, you didn't put out, so...
Was this the date I was on too?

drifter

drifter

Oh, just thought of another one: JCM telling Calleja he was pronouncing his own name wrong. I thought that was pretty funny.

jwhouk

jwhouk

The Presidential Race Thread - won by Amy/Crone.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

I think the N_R/FigPez gift-givings have been the highlight of my time here. Never before have I felt that sort of connection with an online community, that not only were they going out of their way to help out one of their own in a time of need, but also that _I_ felt connected enough to contribute... or at least try to.

This has become my hangout, my equivalent of a bar to go and blow off steam. My home away from home. Sure, there are some people here who I could cheerfully throttle, and at times there's more than the fair share of drama to be found here, but there's more than a few people here that I would not only buy a drink for, but whom I'd throw down for.

Stay awesome, Halforums.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

I have fond memories of the Truth or Dare threads, those art contests and turning the whole forum against me simply for stealing all their money.

Also, minotaur penis.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Oh man, truth or dare!!! :D I remember my webcam broke right around the time I had to post a rendition of "down by the bay." I still have that "Single Ladies" video...

Yoshimickster

Yoshimickster

The day I found out this forum existed. I simply typed in Google "Is anyone else dissapointed in PvP?" and found Halforums.

bhamv3

bhamv3

The Triple Triad card game.

FF8's one of my favorite games, so when Triple Triad was added to the site I played it obsessively, mainly for the nostalgia factor. If I recall correctly, I was the first guy to complete the FF8 set of cards, collected them all within a day of the game going live.

Krisken wasn't far behind me, and he was a pretty good player too. We had a showdown of awesomeness that ended in a draw.

EDIT: Oh, also, the first version of the HF arcade (and pretty much every subsequent version) where Drifter had the high score to pretty much everything. It was freaky.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

Ooh, three threads of my own making that I really loved the reaction to:

-The One Word Only Thread
-The Don't Talk About Anything Thread
-Thread Title (where we said things like "Over-reacting, angry response! Dave's constant ban-hammer threats were hilarious)

Jay

Jay

Top 5, in no particular order :

1. Company of Discord (The classics - the talking horse)

2. Company of Louts (Probably my favorite memory)

3. Ventrilo Nights at HF, we need to make more awesome nights like that. (Manpleasing Hobos, Deal with it Cops and most importantly horrible Prom Night puns ALL NIGHT LONG BABY)

4. Gaming COOP - Mass Effect 3, Killing Floor, Team Fortress 2..etc (But you guys are fickle as fuck man)

5. The Jay Show

(I don't count Kag's cosplay thread... still active, not a memory... but I do have memories of femCanada :eek:)

Memorable mention :

- Everyone one of my epic replies

https://www.halforums.com/threads/what-should-i-do.25668/

(I just realized the Bullying thread is GONE! I had AWESOME stories written up in there WTF)

Frank

Frank

The coop gaming has been some of the funniest times I've had. I need to get my shit fixed so I can use a microphone again without having to tear my desk apart to get behind everything to open it up and plug it in directly.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

Man, I really need to join you guys for some co-op nights. You guys still play TF2 at all?

Krisken

Krisken

The Triple Triad card game.

FF8's one of my favorite games, so when Triple Triad was added to the site I played it obsessively, mainly for the nostalgia factor. If I recall correctly, I was the first guy to complete the FF8 set of cards, collected them all within a day of the game going live.

Krisken wasn't far behind me, and he was a pretty good player too. We had a showdown of awesomeness that ended in a draw.
Good gravy, that was a blast! We had a pretty epic game going there too. :)

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

kriskens chips.jpg

Dave

Dave

It will be 4 years this November. I'm trying to figure out what to give as a prize and the whole who/what/where of the Annual Contest.[DOUBLEPOST=1351858016][/DOUBLEPOST]I have more than I can count but I think one of my favorite all time things is Adam's gifs.

Espy

Espy

Every single person I've ever banned. Aaaaaaaah, memories.

For real though, I take a roofie every night before I post so I can't remember anything from the previous day so no memories.

bhamv3

bhamv3

Every single person I've ever banned. Aaaaaaaah, memories.

For real though, I take a roofie every night before I post so I can't remember anything from the previous day so no memories.
Fifty first posts?

Emrys

Emrys

I fondly remember that day we did stuff.

Covar

Covar

Looking at what hasn't been posted.

The collage.
Secret Santa
Dave's House of Pain

Adam

Adam

Man, I really need to join you guys for some co-op nights. You guys still play TF2 at all?
Mann vs Machine is pretty popular. I'd be up for that. I'm sure Jay would be too.[DOUBLEPOST=1351869386][/DOUBLEPOST]
It will be 4 years this November. I'm trying to figure out what to give as a prize and the whole who/what/where of the Annual Contest.[DOUBLEPOST=1351858016][/DOUBLEPOST]I have more than I can count but I think one of my favorite all time things is Adam's gifs.
wtfshit.gif

figmentPez

figmentPez

That time I met a new best friend because I held a cosplay contest with ridiculously specific rules.

"Metal Gear!"

All the themed avatar weeks/months: zombies, heroes, cartoon characters, Halloween, etc.

CajunGal playing her ukelele.

When cosplayers started showing up in the Good Cosplay Thread, especially when TallestSilver stopped by.

Subway vs. Quiznos[DOUBLEPOST=1351870622][/DOUBLEPOST]
Mann vs Machine is pretty popular. I'd be up for that. I'm sure Jay would be too.
I think I'd be able to find time for some MvM.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

Set a date and time I'd be up for some Mann Vs. Mann. We really ripped it up that first time we did it.

Jay

Jay

Set a date and time I'd be up for some Mann Vs. Mann. We really ripped it up that first time we did it.
Organize it.

I'll be Ze Doctah.

I'm not organizing shit with you fickle bitches. ;)

filmfanatic

filmfanatic

I'm not sure how many people around here remember it, but the tales of the U.S.S. Gruerprise was absolutely fun. It was a blast to get to take part in a forum RPG-type thing like that.

The Truth or Dare thread was also pretty fun, seeing the hijinks that came with the various dares and truth questions.

You know, I may not be vocal much in my posts around here, but I want to say that I am so thankful to be part of such a fun, crazy and touching internet family like you all.

Adam

Adam

You know, I may not be vocal much in my posts around here, but I want to say that I am so thankful to be part of such a fun, crazy and touching internet family like you all.
I don't know about you, but there's not much touching in my family.

Jay

Jay

Silly nub, Thanksgiving was in October.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Not *real* thanksgiving, only the poor soviet canuckistanian ersatz thanksgiving is in October.

Jay

Jay

Not *real* thanksgiving, only the poor ersatz soviet canuckistanian thanksgiving is in October.
Who harvests in late November?

Tress

Tress

Not in the country that actually matters. Now get back to making us maple syrup, Frenchie.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

'MERICA!

GasBandit

GasBandit

People who don't live in igloos.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

People who don't live in igloos.
Eh! I resemble that remark, you hoser!

Aw, I'm sorry, eh?

Adam

Adam

Who keeps Atlantis off the maps?

Jay

Jay

Who keeps Atlantis off the maps?
'MERICA

GasBandit

GasBandit

"For most Americans, Canada is sort of like a case of latent arthritis. We really don't think about it, unless it acts up." - Pat Buchanan, MSNBC

Adam

Adam

Who keeps the Martians under wraps?

Emrys

Emrys

We do!

Adam

Adam

Thank God for you Emrys. I didn't want to have to sing the entire song to myself.

Emrys

Emrys

Oh, but would you anyway? Please? For me and the doomweasels?

Jay

Jay

fillion-jpg_143142.jpg

You said WHAT about Canadians?

Adam

Adam

Oh, but would you anyway? Please? For me and the doomweasels?
stonecutters.gif

Emrys

Emrys

Jay

Jay

Thank God for you Emrys. I didn't want to have to sing the entire song to myself.
I just noticed your avatar.

jWyXr.gif

Adam

Adam

I just noticed your avatar.

Jesus Jay, how much more emulating of you do I need to do!?

Cajungal

Cajungal

This is an embarrassing thing to admit. It's more of a personal memory related to Halforums. Back when the site shut down and Halforum began, things were just so fun and new. All the threads were interesting to me. It was really hard to sign out for the night or before class, because it was just nonstop fun and hilarity. Around final exam time, I had to give Jake my password and make him change it so I couldn't post. It was literally the only way I was going to pass. After that, things kind of got normal again, and it was easier to come and go normally. But man... those few weeks...

I remember that Crone made a post about what a time sink this place was, and she announced she was leaving for a while. She had a weird blue avatar of a face or something at the time.

Jay

Jay

I really hope you get the job in Ottawa bro.

Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh

Don't forget the -NEE HAWWW-

Cajungal

Cajungal

This is an embarrassing thing to admit. It's more of a personal memory related to Halforums. Back when the site shut down and Halforum began, things were just so fun and new. All the threads were interesting to me. It was really hard to sign out for the night or before class, because it was just nonstop fun and hilarity. Around final exam time, I had to give Jake my password and make him change it so I couldn't post. It was literally the only way I was going to pass. After that, things kind of got normal again, and it was easier to come and go normally. But man... those few weeks...

I remember that Crone made a post about what a time sink this place was, and she announced she was leaving for a while. She had a weird blue avatar of a face or something at the time.
Am I getting hugs because people feel sorry for me? I get out in the sunlight now, I promise!

Krisken

Krisken

Am I getting hugs because people feel sorry for me? I get out in the sunlight now, I promise!
I think it's more of a "Yeah, me too!" kind of thing :)

filmfanatic

filmfanatic

Yeah, CajunGal. We still remember the wild and crazy times of those early Halforum days. :)

Zappit

Zappit

I gotta say it was the time Bengo was posting libelous shit about me and trying his damnedest to ruin my good name over the most minor dispute, and this forum had my back, creating a pro-Zap blog. It got a bit over the top, but it was incredibly touching that there were so many people who stood up for me against a troll and bully.

It's also a bit crazy, but the days before this forum was born was kind of an exciting adventure. I opened up my forum over at the now-defunct Bomb Shelter Comics after the Halfpixel nuke, and there was a dedicated group trying to track down everyone so we could regroup. Back then, we felt tighter than ever, and it felt so rewarding to be a part of that.

It's the stuff like that makes this place and this community so important to me.

Gusto

Gusto

...I miss Vytamindi.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

I keep thinking about it. :) There are a couple new expansions I don't have yet but I'm mulling over starting a new HFH series, for at least a little while.

Ah man, I miss fucking around in photoshop for this forum.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

More random doodle/PS shit I found:

Here's something I did when Chazwozel still had a shark avatar, I forget how it came up:

Cajungal

Cajungal

Me too. We chat on facebook and I see her on myfitnesspal.

Allen who is Quiet

Allen who is Quiet

Man, that's like going to epcot and not riding space mountain.

/waits for it...
SIMILES?!

[DOUBLEPOST=1351969873][/DOUBLEPOST]also, mabel

Gusto

Gusto

Isn't Space Mountain at the Magic Kingdom?

Gusto

Gusto

I, uh, ahem.... am restarting the Halforums house.

Check the Games forum if interested.

LittleSin

LittleSin

I like telling you guys stories.

Though I haven't done that much lately. Chaz made me kinda paranoid about it. It's very easy to have that stuff tossed back in a mean way.

Krisken

Krisken

I will say the atmosphere here is a whole lot friendlier than it used to be.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

I will say the atmosphere here is a whole lot friendlier than it used to be.

Krisken

Krisken

Heh, I should have said "From what I can tell..."

Allen who is Quiet

Allen who is Quiet

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Ask Me Anything threads.

Last Christmas (big hugs to everyone :) ).

West of Acapulco.

Forum babies.

Yoshimickster

Yoshimickster

Everytime I've gotten a Like/hugs/love it/funny/pun/informative/bro-fist on one of my comments. I just like it when people value what I think.

...SHUT-UP! I ain't cryin' or nothing.

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

Getting postcards!
Taking Doc to the museum with my kids and feeding him fancy Bagel Bites for lunch.
Getting to be friends with ZenMonkey even if we haven't met irl.
All of the support of everyone doing HalFitness.

Jax

Jax

I've missed those simile table flips :sohappy:

And the threads where we discuss how on earth people find our forum with terms like minotaur penis and My Little Pony porn comics. Especially that last one, I mean sure, who doesn't like My Little Pony porn comics, but I don't think we ever found out where this started or who posted it the first time for My Little Pony porn comics to show up in the search results.
The thread about the minotaur penis was also hilarious, when people started to post all kinds of punny reply's

Bowielee

Bowielee

Icarus.

LittleSin

LittleSin

OH! I know this sounds self centered but I also liked doing the video for the Jay show!

AND my locked thread with the Barbie girl. That thread was hostile but hilariously so.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Barbie girl meets minotaur penis?

Allen who is Quiet

Allen who is Quiet

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Are they laughing or masturbating? I can't tell...

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

Laughing, because masturbating is serious business

Allen who is Quiet

Allen who is Quiet

Are they laughing or masturbating? I can't tell...
yes

SpecialKO

SpecialKO

Getting Podded in EvE together
Discussing steak
Discussing pizza
Discussing chili
Every time I discovered a new webcomic or comic through someone's rec that I gave at least a shot to
The political threads (no joke, they're usually pretty fun)

And that I somehow got into a flame war for defending Charlie. It's a weird thing to remember fondly, especially given how annoyed I was at the time, but in retrospect it was pretty funny.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

SpecialKO

SpecialKO