Favorite Game-based Music!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Dame Was Loaded game was a classic FMV (somewhat cheesy yet entertaining), but my wife loved the song at the end. Pity of it is that I've since tried to download the soundtrack, but this one is long gone. Guess I could try to capture it myself...(The song starts at 3:23, which is why I supplied the link. Apparently we can't embed at a particular point in a video. Pity.)

http://youtu.be/v2q2bA_CF1E?t=3m23s

I completely forgot about this:

This theme always made me feel great when it was at the end of a Final Fantasy game's credits, even a shitty one.

GasBandit

Staff member
Heh, holy necrothreads. Good thread though. I guess it should surprise no-one that so many video game music fans would be here, and I'm one of em. Like you all, I've got hundreds and hundreds, but I'll throw out a couple remixed morsels I haven't seen in this thread -

Remember Major Stryker? The shareware apogee scrolling shooter?

The best game nobody remembers that came between wolfenstein 3d and Doom: Rise of the Triad

I loved RotT, but I had no idea it came before Doom.

Here I am, shooting torrents of sticky white Nintendo shitty game, awesome music jizz all over this thread.

GasBandit

Staff member
I loved RotT, but I had no idea it came before Doom.
It was actually, in its original conception, supposed to be the sequel to Wolfenstein 3D... and here's the mindblowing part - it actually used a modified version of the wolf3D engine.

But I was in error. ROTT came out in 1994, Doom in 93.

To one of my oldest friends, who I used to play Triad with, I will still mock the God hand mode super power thing sound.

Hwwwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhh Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhh

N

Namesake

There's nothing really important going on here, it's just an area music, but I would let my game sit and let this song play over and over again. Once of my favorite gaming soundtracks and definitely one of my favourite songs from any game.

So I've been listening to the Bastion soundtrack... gotta say, it's hands down the best of the year. Here's my two favorite tracks.

Okay on a normal computer now! Here's 3 from The Neverhood! Probably my favorite game from my childhood. <3 Even as a child, I appreciated the music from this game.
I LOOOOOOVED The NeverHood!!!!!

I generally don't like Jpop, but one of my favorite things about KH 1 was the music.

I got my Skyrim soundtrack a week or two ago and it is absolutely FANTASTIC. I especially like the chanting that Jeremy Soule put in these tracks... it is very fitting.

This, remixing the most beautiful part of Final Fantasy VI/III's intro, with the marching Magitek mecha. I was in love with that piece of music before I ever even played the game, and this remix captures the spirit of it wonderfully.

Huh. I thought I posted here. Well, we'll just fix that. Music has always been a big factor in my enjoyment of a game. If I get it stuck in my head or listening to it constantly, then it's usually from some of my favourite games. So here's a few:

One of my all-time favourite adventure games, Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Father. When I first booted it up and heard this theme, I knew I would love it.

Frog's theme from Chrono Trigger. The whole game is packed with great music, but this was just blew me away the first time I heard it.

When I first heard Legacy by Gone Jackals in the LucasArts game, Full Throttle, I was flipping pumped to play the game.

A few others I haven't mentioned since the limit is three: the Monkey Island theme, both airship music from Final Fantasy VI, pretty much all of Final Fantasy IV's soundtrack (one of the reasons it's my fave in the series).

The soundtrack for Full Throttle doesn't get nearly enough love. That game had some awesome sound design. I love "The Ride of the Valkyries" played when the wind up bunnies are used.

Great, now I have to go dig up Full Throttle.

GasBandit

Staff member
This, remixing the most beautiful part of Final Fantasy VI/III's intro, with the marching Magitek mecha. I was in love with that piece of music before I ever even played the game, and this remix captures the spirit of it wonderfully.
Aaaand let me make it so you'll never hear that song again without wondering where your other pants are.

(starts at :50)

Ace Combat games had some superb GD music.

Seriously, I think half the reason I want to fly is because of these games.

BananaHands

Staff member
Don't mind me. Just moving these over here.

Easily the best theme to come out of Super Nintendo.

I think the music in Sonic was great. This song would always get stuck in my head and is genuinely cheery.

Duh.

SPECIAL MENTION:

I have to agree. I love the music in the old Sonic games. The new ones? Not so much. But man, Sonic 1- Sonic and Knuckles had some pretty underrated compositions.
I always liked Metropolis Zone's music (I hated the damn zone though. THREE ACTS, with those friggin' annoying praying mantis bots, and one of the hardest bosses in all of Sonic at the end? FRIG)

Oh! And Mystic Cave Zone! The music was surprisingly creepy:

ElJuski

Staff member
I always liked Metropolis Zone's music (I hated the damn zone though. THREE ACTS, with those friggin' annoying praying mantis bots, and one of the hardest bosses in all of Sonic at the end? FRIG)
]
The Sonic themes were the best. Also, Metropolis Zone was a bitch. Also, the music reminds me of "Walk Idiot Walk":

BananaHands

Staff member
The new sonic music is terrible, although I enjoyed this theme.

Also the Scott Pilgrim game had some AMAZING music.

Status
Not open for further replies.