Empyrion Clips, Highlights, and Screen Shots

GasBandit

Staff member
Anna and I took a night off from Stardew Valley, so I got to fight CrazyDeviant in a 1v1 CV duel, him in his Class 7 Javelin, me in my Class 2 Abaddon.

Several members of XPA watched the stream, and they noticed that quite a number of the design aspects of the Abaddon were taken from what I observed working in the ships they used to defeat my base defenses and 5 of my ships back in the old map (including the WCS). Granted, that was 3v1, but as the above video shows, the design is very sound. I think one of these would actually stand an excellent chance of defeating the Weenie Cheese Sandwich 1v1.

GasBandit

Staff member
Today, I ran a quasi-impromptu event involving VAC and MWG, two of the three "heavy" PvP factions on the server. They were going to arrange a fight and asked me if I wanted to film it. I did them one better and offered to also provide a location and a premise.

So, once they were both online at the appointed time today, I broadcast -

1538956231324.png

Due to some technical difficulties, it took them almost an hour to get in position and set up. But here's a video that skips to when the bullets start flying.

VAC dished out most of the damage (though they did lose an SV and HV here and there), and their slow, methodical method of creeping an artillery turret forward from their Forward Operating Base tower slowly whittled down the GBI defenses.

However, MWG harassed them constantly, and right as the last defenses were falling, MWG snuck in and replaced the core in a long silent de-cored defenseblade, taking ownership of it - which then began to fire on VAC again. That, and MWG vehicles continued to hold off VAC while JamesPond scrambled into the base proper, destroyed the core, replaced it with one of his own, and snatched the cash out of the boxes. Leaping back into his tank, he made a break for freedom, and narrowly escaped the pursuing VAC tanks and SVs, finally gaining the safety of the MWG LZ with the loot.

It was a pyrrhic victory, though - MWG lost many more vehicles than VAC did (in fact, VAC recovered several of them as prizes), and the valuable munitions in the GBI base structures was also left for VAC to collect. So it is up to the viewer to decide, who really won here?

Not GBI, that's for sure :p

So apparently, I'm a big smart spaceman who, by killing enough spiders or picking enough plants can decipher the knowledge of warp drives and advanced fusion, but I don't have a button to switch between portrait and landscape mode.

- Or -

Wait a minute... am I actually in this turret?

Portrait Mode.png

Even Paint.net knows that this image is sideways.

I do so wish I could rotate the view when occupying a turret.
Also leaving a CV cockpit with “F” always places you “right-side up,” regardless of the orientation of the vehicle itself, meaning that when the vehicle is parked at my (“upside-down”) base and I get out, I am clipped into the hull blocks and basically standing on the bottom of the chair.

—Patrick

Last edited:
Naming Bug.png

I've started seeing this interesting little bug since the roll back as well - all vessels docked to a structure will share that structure's name in their waypoint tag until such time as they are no longer docked. I now have four vessels called "Long Haul," the CV named "Long Haul," and the three vehicles docked to it. Happens with bases too - yesterday I had two of my base, and briefly, after I ripped out the alien core, I had an SV named "Abandoned Mine."

GasBandit

Staff member
View attachment 27964
I've started seeing this interesting little bug since the roll back as well - all vessels docked to a structure will share that structure's name in their waypoint tag until such time as they are no longer docked. I now have four vessels called "Long Haul," the CV named "Long Haul," and the three vehicles docked to it. Happens with bases too - yesterday I had two of my base, and briefly, after I ripped out the alien core, I had an SV named "Abandoned Mine."
I've read about that bug on the official forums. At least they're aware of it and working on it.

Posted this on the Discord, but why not here as well?

Ok, let's just drop by the trading station and...what's that back there?
dive.png

Hey, you guys OK in there? Hellooo?
diiive.png

topoftheworld.gif

(Yes, it's just apparently stuck there on a tree, because the Zirax are apparently the worst pilots EVAR or else they can't hold their liquor or something)

--Patrick

GasBandit

Staff member
What's more confusing than it nosing into the ground (I've seen them do that before) is that it isn't shooting at you for some reason. I see it still has its dorsal laser turret and you're right in its field of fire.

flybefree.png

Well, looks like he finally worked himself free. Good job, little buddy! I knew you could do it!
What's more confusing than it nosing into the ground (I've seen them do that before) is that it isn't shooting at you for some reason. I see it still has its dorsal laser turret and you're right in its field of fire.
Yes. Well, about that...

hihonoredimdad.png

--Patrick

So here's the repair bill for a ship that MBR took up against VIK (posted with permission):

onlyabill.png

...I would like to point out that this bill was generated on a ship which was still listed as being 92% intact.
Yes, that means this repair bill is to repair a ship that is only 8% damaged.

It's a VERY LARGE ship.

--Patrick

GasBandit

Staff member
So here's the repair bill for a ship that MBR took up against VIK (posted with permission):

View attachment 31133

...I would like to point out that this bill was generated on a ship which was still listed as being 92% intact.
Yes, that means this repair bill is to repair a ship that is only 8% damaged.

It's a VERY LARGE ship.

--Patrick
Fun fact - that HP percentage doesn't figure in blocks that are completely destroyed, only blocks that still exist but are damaged.