[Gaming] Elder Scrolls 5 - Dawnguard is HERE!

GasBandit

Staff member
There was a mod in the works for that. It was barely functional last I heard.
Yeah, last I heard too. I don't think it's something you can really "mod" like that because there's a lot of guts that would need to be changed that is probably beyond most modders.

Let's be honest... a huge sandbox world that truly gets carved by the players actions, a customizable to the bone engine by an incredible mod-friendly developer, true party based battles where you can coop with friends to take on parties of bandits, a pack of frost trolls or even an ancient dragon? Let us not forget the possibilities of true player housing and quest particularly created for 2-3 man groups carrying one's one sigil or banner across the lands?

Or an MMO with 8 buttons, static NPCs and clicking on the same 4 buttons for more bacon.

No thanks, I'll take the huge sandbox coop world.

Sandbox...

Sand...

boxx....

boxxx...

box.....

The most epic mod of all has finally been created. I feel sorry for all the console gamers that will never experience this amazing mod:

S

SeraRelm

Does Whirlwind make you fly at things ass first?

It'd be like the locker room all over again...

I wonder, did they modify skyrim for china like WoW did? Something about not displaying bones/skeletons/etc?
I'm unsure if it ever had an official release. Doesn't stop it from being available. I know you could get the Xbox 360 version easily and nothing is changed. I bought mine legit on steam.

I wonder, did they modify skyrim for china like WoW did? Something about not displaying bones/skeletons/etc?
Pretty sure this only happened because certain groups didn't want a western game to be more popular then the more local MMOs, since vanilla WoW was already massively popular in China at the time, with BC only further increasing the playerbase. Once WOTLK was announced and the popularity only grew further, they came up with some stupid rule to delay the release as much as possible, which is why WOTLK came out in China years after it did the rest of the world.

I can't say this for certain, but I have yet to see any other game get as much of a delay to release in China for having "bones". Maybe one of our members that live over there can give us a better insight into it.

So basically it's all the stuff we saw in the Developer's Trailer?

Not that I'm complaining in the least but I was hoping for a huge land mass addition....

Wait, did Bethesda design an expansion around some of the shit their designers made up in that montage thing months back?

It looks awesome, but is it 50+hrs awesome or 10hrs awesome?

Seems like they're putting in ALOT of people who want to go Vamp, what about those who don't?

I'm with Frank, I REALLY wanted to see some kind of continuation of fighting against the Aldmeri.

I'm assuming that the new weapon types will be for the people who don't want to Vamp out, plus a few spells are likely.

And yes, I want more Aldmeri stuff too. It's probably in a later DLC.

It seems the basics of it are you can either join a new faction of Vampires, one's with greater powers, or join the Dawnguard, which are vampire hunters. The vampire faction will likely gain a lot of new powerful vampire skills, like seen in the video, but I am curious what joining the Dawnguard will give. I did like that we are finally getting Crossbows.