DNC joins GOP in crazyland

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

Iaculus

So we have a thread that implicitly supports terrorism on this board? I'm impressed.

sweet for critizising Obama we're racists AND terrorists. If only he was a muslim, we could be bigots too.

A

Armadillo

Wow. That's just...wrong.

I think the Republicans and Democrats are two sides of the same ugly-assed coin, but to compare people questioning why he won a Nobel Peace Prize to TERRORISTS? That's WAY over the line, and he should be ashamed of himself.

It does fit the modus operandi for the DNC, though: criticize Obama and you're either racist, a terrorist, a Nazi, or all three.

J

JCM

However it seems too idotic for someone to have his head stuck up so far his political party to overlook that for the first time in 8 years USA is being respected, is actually making great headway in disarment, diplomacy and actually is giving a good example to the rest of the world, to complain that someone from a different political party won the Nobel prize.

In that way, one could say the republicans are pretty much like the Muslim extremists, ignorant of anything beyond what they are told to believe.

20 percent of Americans admit to being Republicans anymore - it's an embarrassing label to claim,
This part I agree though.

Funnily, at about the second time Bush was elected, suddenly everyone that is against democrats or talks with Republicans talking points call themselves Libertarians or Independents.

Wow. That's just...wrong.

I think the Republicans and Democrats are two sides of the same ugly-assed coin, but to compare people questioning why he won a Nobel Peace Prize to TERRORISTS? That's WAY over the line, and he should be ashamed of himself.

It does fit the modus operandi for the DNC, though: criticize Obama and you're either racist, a terrorist, a Nazi, or all three.
If the shoe fits...

I mean when you have a sitting Congressman publicly praising a man for standing up and declaring himself a "right-wing terrorist".

And then repeating the praise when reminded later of just what the first guy said. :facepalm:

However it seems too idotic for someone to have his head stuck up so far his political party to overlook that for the first time in 8 years USA is being respected, is actually making great headway in disarment, diplomacy and actually is giving a good example to the rest of the world, to complain that someone from a different political party won the Nobel prize.

In that way, one could say the republicans are pretty much like the Muslim extremists, ignorant of anything beyond what they are told to believe.

20 percent of Americans admit to being Republicans anymore - it's an embarrassing label to claim,

Funnily, at about the second time Bush was elected, suddenly everyone that is against democrats or talks with Republicans talking points call themselves Libertarians or Independents.
Yup. That was kinda my "glass houses" bit.

J

JCM

So, what exactly has he done to deserve this? Not that it matters, they gave the fucking thing to Arafat and Gore. Peace Prize doesn't mean shit anymore.
Errr, more towards peace in a few months than Bush did in 2 terms as president? But seeing online that most americans think "accomplishemnt" means attacking, killing and disobeying the same laws human rights and treaties previous presidents fought for, lets have a quick list off my mind?

Lets see,
-get Iran to allow frequent IAEA inspections
-getting Clinton´s arse out there to get back US reporters in North Korea
-Try and help to fix the shit Bush left in Afghanistan, when he forgot all about it and ran after Saddam with excuses of Alqaeda.
-Start talks with countries on an equal level
-regain confidence and respect of the world
-establish communication with Iran after 30 years
-get UN and other countries on board against nuclear weapons proliferation
-stop tensions with Russia over the missile shieal crap from the Bush years

USA was the laughingstock of the world, heck in Brazil jokes about USA and americans making shit, then making things worse as they try to fix their shit are as common as Argentinian jokes.

When I was in Malaysia, people were laughing in bars in Sept 11 when the planes hit.

In South Africa, all I heard was jokes about the US photo-op trying to make it look like Iraqis were toppling the Saddam statue, not american soldiers.

Like Kissinger, who opened up the East, and made headway into China and Russia with diplomacy that eventually weakened communism and allowed capitalism to go East, people are just gonna bitch that he didnt stop a war and overlook diplomacy that will have positive effects for many years to come.

Today´s US policy, what the nobel award described as -a world of zero nuclear weapons, fighting climate change, addressing Middle East peace, repairing relations between the US and the rest of the world, seeking rapprochement between the US and some if its major adversaries, seem to me the best US can offer the world.

Enjoy the fact that the world is giving you guys a homage and basically forgetting the Bush years and looking up to you, instead of bitching about it.

---------- Post added at 05:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:22 PM ----------

Yup. That was kinda my "glass houses" bit.[/QUOTE]True, missed that bit.

I do think its premature, but on the other hand, you have the worlds most powerful man actually trying to be an example, its not hard to see why people would want to homage that.

Yup. That was kinda my "glass houses" bit.
True, missed that bit.

I do think its premature, but on the other hand, you have the worlds most powerful man actually trying to be an example, its not hard to see why people would want to homage that.[/QUOTE]

Which I think is great. It's nice to have the world rewarding leaders when they work toward peace. He was nominated before he accomplished anything, but he has since then made steps to closing Guantanamo Bay, having trials for those prisoners, and working toward nuclear disarmament. That's more than many presidents do in two years, let alone 8 months. I do feel we have a long way to go yet (Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan), not to mention equal rights for women and gays.

My complaint was more about the DNC reaction. Rhetoric calling people un-American or unpatriotic was the tactic of the Bush administration. It was vile and stupid. It lowers the conversation to the dregs and trivializes not just the complaints, but the accomplishments. I don't want a liberal GOP.

My complaint was more about the DNC reaction. Rhetoric calling people un-American or unpatriotic was the tactic of the Bush administration. It was vile and stupid. It lowers the conversation to the dregs and trivializes not just the complaints, but the accomplishments. I don't want a liberal GOP.
This. A thousand times this. :thumbsup:

I

Iaculus

-getting Clinton´s arse out there to get back US reporters in North Korea
Was that on Obama's initiative? I must confess to not knowing the precise political mechanics behind that stunt, but it seemed like Clinton himself was the one who came up with it from what I read.

S

Soliloquy

The DNC is really a huge mess. It was kind of a fluke that Obama won after their huge bungles in the post-Clinton elections.
Nah, it's just that the GOP shot themselves in the foot by evolving into complete nutjobs over the past 8 years.

C

Cuyval Dar

The DNC is really a huge mess. It was kind of a fluke that Obama won after their huge bungles in the post-Clinton elections.
Nah, it's just that the GOP shot themselves in the foot by evolving into complete nutjobs over the past 8 years.[/QUOTE]

I would argue that it is both of these.

Also, Nobel Prize for Obama. What the fuck, Norway?
All it's for is because Obama isn't Bush, and he likes to cocksuck the Europeans.

All it's for is because Obama isn't Bush, and he likes to cocksuck the Europeans.
What a dick, getting along with our neighbors. We should, you know, insult them and threaten to turn their cities to rubble when they don't want to do what we tell them. M I Rite?

J

JCM

Nah, it's just that the GOP shot themselves in the foot by evolving into complete nutjobs over the past 8 years.[/QUOTE]

All it's for is because Obama isn't Bush, and he likes to cocksuck the Europeans.[/QUOTE]Amen Bruther Cuvyl!

All dat crap about "doing what shouldve been done" und "opening up diplomatic channels with every country" tah "leading the world to peace and non-nuclear proliferation" ish all bullcrap! Uf curse he damn suck them European cocks!!! Bloody fagget communist Nigah!

Now lets go and bang up sis while we go shoot at that damn towelhead´s store!! Dats what he should do, shoot them towelheads and asians dead, dem Nobelians must be in line with the Alquaeda and Iranians too!!

Yeeeeehaw!

C

Cuyval Dar

All it's for is because Obama isn't Bush, and he likes to cocksuck the Europeans.[/QUOTE]Amen Bruther Cuvyl!

All dat crap about "doing what shouldve been done" und "opening up diplomatic channels with every country" tah "leading the world to peace and non-nuclear proliferation" ish all bullcrap! Uf curse he damn suck them European cocks!!! Bloody fagget communist Nigah!

Now lets go and bang up sis while we go shoot at that damn towelhead´s store!! Dats what he should do, shoot them towelheads and asians dead, dem Nobelians must be in line with the Alquaeda and Iranians too!!

Yeeeeehaw![/QUOTE]

Wow, I'm not sure sure just how to respond to a post like that. But I'll try.

Obama is not doing anything from Bush.
Guantanamo isn't being closed, just relocated. He has not pulled out of Iraq, and he is 'deliberating' on how many troops to send to Afghanistan.

Sending Clinton to 'rescue' a pair of journalists who shouldn't have been in North Korea is the first place? Wow, real groundbreaking diplomacy there.

And as far as nuclear non-proliferation? Now Iran is building nukes, and I know that you aren't so gullible as to believe that they will stop just because the UN says so.

And, on the domestic front, he can't get his healthcare bill through, even with a filibuster-proof Democrat majority.
All he has done for the economy is drive us deeper in debt, and give the Federal Reserve unprecedented power to bail out whatever industry they deem 'critical'.
He keeps telling us that we are out of the worst of the recession, but September's unemployment good a massive nosedive.

The only thing he has done is give Europe a woody because now there is a US president who is willing to say anything just to make them 'like' us.
Guess what? America doesn't need Europe to like us at all. They can go back to their perpetually failed negotiations with Iran and North Korea.

If you actually want to hold a civilized argument,JCM, without your usual non sequiturs and offensive ramblings, I won't be waiting.

Yeeeeehaw![/QUOTE]

Guantanamo isn't being closed, just relocated. He has not pulled out of Iraq, and he is 'deliberating' on how many troops to send to Afghanistan.

Sending Clinton to 'rescue' a pair of journalists who shouldn't have been in North Korea is the first place? Wow, real groundbreaking diplomacy there.

And as far as nuclear non-proliferation? Now Iran is building nukes, and I know that you aren't so gullible as to believe that they will stop just because the UN says so.

And, on the domestic front, he can't get his healthcare bill through, even with a filibuster-proof Democrat majority.
All he has done for the economy is drive us deeper in debt, and give the Federal Reserve unprecedented power to bail out whatever industry they deem 'critical'.
He keeps telling us that we are out of the worst of the recession, but September's unemployment good a massive nosedive.

The only thing he has done is give Europe a woody because now there is a US president who is willing to say anything just to make them 'like' us.
Guess what? America doesn't need Europe to like us at all. They can go back to their perpetually failed negotiations with Iran and North Korea.

If you actually want to hold a civilized argument,JCM, without your usual non sequiturs and offensive ramblings, I won't be waiting.[/QUOTE]

FYI unemployment is a leading and trailing economic indicator. The unemployment rate is always the last thing to improve in a recovery from a recession.

J

JCM

Soliloquy;272271 said:
Nah, it's just that the GOP shot themselves in the foot by evolving into complete nutjobs over the past 8 years.

Amen Bruther Cuvyl!

Yeeeeehaw![/QUOTE]

If you actually want to hold a civilized argument,JCM, without your usual non sequiturs and offensive ramblings, I won't be waiting.[/QUOTE]So lets see how many classic libertablican tactics you've used in one post-

1) Again, uneducated blabber showing total utter ignorance. Guatamano is being closed, yes it will take longer as they discovered your idol Bush didnt even give them proper case files, so theyll have to gather everything from zero, but it is a)being closed, b)people are being tried, under proper rules and c)abuse of detainees is being dealt with.

2)The usual "overlook easing of tensions with EVERY other damn country" and whining about what? How Iran must be building nukes, even with now IAEA inspections. Guess them nukes in Iraq showed you how guts = the truth, right?

3)Then some wrambling about how I must be evil, even though nobody in this thread is impressed at all with your "HEY DEM NIGGAH MASTURBATE THE EU LOLZ!" arguement.

4)Healthcare bitching? Funny how the Bush-loving crowd doesnt give a shit about spending when its for a)tax cuts, b)military spending and c)wars. Guess killing people must give ye a hardon, but helping people = bad?

So again, Yeehaw bruder, good luck with the hoisting the southernflag while bitching about how da Obama dunner kill them asians/towelheads. I'll be back if you post anything intelligent, or just to joke about the usual Bushist "sucking the EU' you have here, or laugh at the ad-hominems.

---------- Post added at 03:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:04 AM ----------

What a dick, getting along with our neighbors. We should, you know, insult them and threaten to turn their cities to rubble when they don't want to do what we tell them. M I Rite?[/QUOTE]Looks like the Bush-style "non-cocksucking" to me.

A

Armadillo

BUSHBUSHBUSHBUSHBUSHBUSHBUSHBUSHBUSHBUSHBUSHBUSHBUSHBUSHBUSHBUSH

Bush hasn't been President for nine months now. At some point, it's not going to work to keep blaming him. Obama's going to have to take ownership of his presidency and the state of the nation. All the pretty speeches in the world won't save him from a jobless recovery or repeated legislative failures despite his party having unassailable majorities in both houses.

There are a lot of liberals/Democrats who don't understand why Obama got the Peace Prize, so it's not a purely partisan thing. The truth is there are many more deserving people that have been outshone by Obama's glowing, warm, warming glow. I mean, even Saturday Night Live, who've been slow to make jokes at his expense, took him to task last week for accomplishing exactly nada of his agenda. Intentions aren't going to be enough forever.

Oh my god. 9 whole months? Well, you're right. It must be all Obama's fault then. It's not like the last 8 years of deregulation shouldn't be easy to overturn in just 9 months, eh?

Looks like the so-called "Bush derangement syndrome" was just projection for things to come.

J

JCM

Funnily, in 9 months he almost but recovered the reputation of "USA being the world leader" that it took Bush 8 years to destroy.

Just hope he can recover from the deficits of the last few Republican presidents, USA's debt might be big, but unlike Japan or some EU countries, its not even 30% of USA's gross national produce.
The truth is there are many more deserving people that have been outshone by Obama's glowing, warm, warming glow.
Nobody who can make a difference in the whole world more than the most powerful man in the world seeking peace, the disarming of nuclear weapons and diplomatic relations with everyone?

Funnily, in 9 months he almost but recovered the reputation of "USA being the world leader" that it took Bush 8 years to destroy.

Just hope he can recover from the deficits of the last few Republican presidents, USA's debt might be big, but unlike Japan or some EU countries, its not even 30% of USA's gross national produce.
The truth is there are many more deserving people that have been outshone by Obama's glowing, warm, warming glow.
Nobody who can make a difference in the whole world more than the most powerful man in the world seeking peace, the disarming of nuclear weapons and diplomatic relations with everyone?
Santa?

Oh my god. 9 whole months? Well, you're right. It must be all Obama's fault then. It's not like the last 8 years of deregulation shouldn't be easy to overturn in just 9 months, eh?

Looks like the so-called "Bush derangement syndrome" was just projection for things to come.
FYI, it's more like 30 years of deregulation. It started with the Regan administration. And yes, it even continued, though slowed down a bit, through the Clinton administration.

I dislike Bush as much as the next liberal, but I think it's fair to say that he wasn't the only cause of the current state of affairs. A snowball this big takes a hell of a lot of momentum to get going.

Also, the economy IS turning around. The dow is improving. As I said before Unemployment is a leading and trailing economic marker. It's the first and LAST indication of the health of the economy. We won't see any improvement in the job market for a while. Businesses won't start hiring again until the recession is actually over and the economy is back in a positive state. Expecting unemployment to do anything other than decline in this economy is just plain nieve, and a bit thick.

FYI, it's more like 30 years of deregulation. It started with the Regan administration. And yes, it even continued, though slowed down a bit, through the Clinton administration.

I dislike Bush as much as the next liberal, but I think it's fair to say that he wasn't the only cause of the current state of affairs. A snowball this big takes a hell of a lot of momentum to get going.

Also, the economy IS turning around. The dow is improving. As I said before Unemployment is a leading and trailing economic marker. It's the first and LAST indication of the health of the economy. We won't see any improvement in the job market for a while. Businesses won't start hiring again until the recession is actually over and the economy is back in a positive state. Expecting unemployment to do anything other than decline in this economy is just plain nieve, and a bit thick.[/QUOTE]
I knew I should have said 30 years! Gah!

A

Armadillo

On a different track, nice job "uniting Americans," Mr. President:

WH Communications Director: "FOX News is a Wing of the Republican Party."

Dunn scoffed at the network's defense that viewers can distinguish between Fox's news content and the conservative commentary of the network's primetime hosts.

"There is a very different story selection," Dunn said. "This isn’t us making it up."

But, Dunn said, "When [Obama] goes on Fox, he understands he is not going on a news network, he’s going on to debate the opposition."
Now, I know FOX doesn't have the best reputation in liberal circles, and they're most certainly not my first choice in a news outlet, but I don't particularly care for an administration singling out a particular network for their scorn and ridicule. I've always felt that the White House and the media should have a cordial-yet-leery relationship; the media is supposed to keep the government honest and the White House is supposed to be above the fray. With this move, they've made it clear that they view FOX News and FOX News ALONE as the enemy, while also seemingly saying that CNN, MSNBC, and the networks will "go easier" on them. Not a good precedent to set, but this White House has been all too eager to use their bully pulpit to go after American citizens they disagree with, so I guess I shouldn't be too surprised.

Dunn scoffed at the network's defense that viewers can distinguish between Fox's news content and the conservative commentary of the network's primetime hosts.

"There is a very different story selection," Dunn said. "This isn’t us making it up."

But, Dunn said, "When [Obama] goes on Fox, he understands he is not going on a news network, he’s going on to debate the opposition."
Now, I know FOX doesn't have the best reputation in liberal circles, and they're most certainly not my first choice in a news outlet, but I don't particularly care for an administration singling out a particular network for their scorn and ridicule. I've always felt that the White House and the media should have a cordial-yet-leery relationship; the media is supposed to keep the government honest and the White House is supposed to be above the fray. With this move, they've made it clear that they view FOX News and FOX News ALONE as the enemy, while also seemingly saying that CNN, MSNBC, and the networks will "go easier" on them. Not a good precedent to set, but this White House has been all too eager to use their bully pulpit to go after American citizens they disagree with, so I guess I shouldn't be too surprised.
Yes, because one person's comment represents the entire administration.

A

Armadillo

Yes, because one person's comment represents the entire administration.[/QUOTE]

Actually, it does. She's an official in the White House; to be more specific, she's the White House Communications Director. In other words, she has a major role in determining how the administration's message gets disseminated to the media. She explicitly said that Fox News is "not a news channel," which is just not a wise thing to say when you work for the President. When you are in that high-ranking of a position, you represent your boss every time you speak in public, otherwise how did what Rumsfeld or Andrew Card or Peter Wolfowitz do/say get slapped onto Bush? If what you're saying is true, then we have a White House that can't stay on message and/or has officials randomly shooting their mouths off with no knowledge of what anyone else is doing. Neither scenario is desirable.

S

Steven Soderburgin

What is Fox going to do in response? Badmouth Obama? Oh my fuck.

Um, as soon as Fox news sent their broadcasters to Tea party events as celebrities, that kind of cemented them as a wing of the GOP. Sorry, Armadillo. I really can't blame the White House on this one.

Also, name the amount of times George Bush had been on other stations other than Fox. I'll wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.