[Gaming] Diablo 3 : Ser Farm-A-Lot

Just finished a Barbarian run-through where I first got a two-handed winter axe and soon after a two-handed lightning sword. I don't know what you mean by underpowered, man. Everything just went flying out the window and/or exploded.
Guess it was just bad luck on my part. Doesn't help I got a yellow sickle off the Act I boss, either, I suppose.

I'm unsure, since we're still in Act 1.... most of the drops has been shitty... at least in my play through last night

ffs battle.net is still down.... ah memories.

Crafting looks like it's gonna be OP in this.
Yeah, I got the smith halfway through level 2 so far and the stuff he makes is ridiculous. I mean, you do run the risk of getting items you don't want (got an int item on the Monk, for example) but the stuff my characters can use is stupid good.

Dave

Staff member
Won't even load on my system. Downloaded the beta client and that's as far as it goes. Oh well.

Geez, I know it's beta stress weekend and all but they've been having a shitload of problems keeping their servers up. LOL

I'm just going through trying all of the classes. Made it to Witch Doctor so far (started at the top with Barbarian). So far I don't have any one class that's definitely my favorite, and I haven't come across any class that I hate. I may actually have trouble choosing which class to play this time, which is a good thing.

Battletag: Tomarus#1323

How are you even able to log in?? :Leyla:
There must be some sort of priority system into the overloaded servers, because I've gotten error 37 over 50 times now, or maybe everyone's getting it as much as me. I guess I'll try to play first thing tomorrow morning when y'all are asleep :D

Haven't played today, I just put a block of hours into it last night. Apparently the servers have been down and messed up most of the day today.

I was able to get in today, but after maybe...45 minutes of playtime, we got kicked out. Ever since, 37.

So far I've played Witch Doctor, Barbarian and Demon Hunter. My Barb impressions are on the last page. Witch Doctor is fun, but takes a while to beat down large groups of monsters. Demon Hunter felt sluggish as crap until I got Rapid Fire. Pew Pew!

I was able to get in today, but after maybe...45 minutes of playtime, we got kicked out. Ever since, 37.

So far I've played Witch Doctor, Barbarian and Demon Hunter. My Barb impressions are on the last page. Witch Doctor is fun, but takes a while to beat down large groups of monsters. Demon Hunter felt sluggish as crap until I got Rapid Fire. Pew Pew!
Fighting large groups of monsters as a WD is as simply as using Firebats. They don't really say this, but you can hold down the button to use it like a flamethrower.

Finally got back in and attempted a playthrough as a Wizard, but the system was just lagging too badly. I'm not so concerned with that during the open beta, when they're specifically stress testing the servers, I'll try again later.

Also holy balls, the WD is OP so far. Spiders everywhere, no limit to how many spawn, and then Zombie Dogs on top of that, plus a snare. I feel like there needs to be a limiter on the number of spiders that increases as you level, like two urns' worth per level or something to a cap at some point.

Me neither. I'll try copying the installer files to my laptop in the morning and see if I can get a few hours in before it ends.

As of right now the servers are down for some issue with creating games, and the update is coming in about 45 minutes. So if you have it fully installed it's not you, it's Blizz.

I had this problem since the opening of the open beta. It's a known issue where for some people, even if you are putting your battlenet username and password in correctly, it is saying that they are incorrect.

Reports say that it will work on some computers but not others, so that's why I'll try my laptop.

Also holy balls, the WD is OP so far. Spiders everywhere, no limit to how many spawn, and then Zombie Dogs on top of that, plus a snare. I feel like there needs to be a limiter on the number of spiders that increases as you level, like two urns' worth per level or something to a cap at some point.
The Spiders despawn after a few seconds, so it already has a hard cap.

BNET Tag : SeriousJay
It's SeriousJay#1762. They need the whole thing or they can't add you.

Yeah I noticed after a little more playtime that they don't last long at all, which makes sense. Setting bats on fire to make a flamethrower makes up for it, though.

So, I was able to log on just fine on my laptop. Actually got to play a very little bit before the servers went wonky.

Played some wizard, and I didn't really like it. Arcane Orb/Ray of Frost were cool, but I found both Magic Missile and Shock Pulse wanting - shock pulse is too short-ranged, but magic missile has no AoE when you're getting mobbed like with the pillar-room just before the Skeleton King. I'll stick with WD/Barb for launch.

I played through as the WD. Enjoyed it.

Is there a way to quickswap your mouse click abilities? I would have really have liked to switch between bats and that AOE slow on the fly.

There's not. You can switch abilities whenever you like, but it triggers a 10s cooldown. To prevent cooldown abuse, I guess.

I do think 10 seconds is kinda ridiculous.

I'm sure that once we got more quick toggle abilities, it'll be more interesting.

I've even enjoyed Wizard so far (level 8) and I've never liked the Diablo casters much.
Yeah, the Wizard wasn't very good at range with the skills in the beta, at least the ones under lvl 10, he'd run out of juice too fast, so you can't spam the good ranged attacks, so i've been using the Spectral Blade and the Shock stuff (short range Charged Bolt is so weird) to kill stuff fast... very different feel compared to the sorceress/er.