[Gaming] Diablo 3 : Ser Farm-A-Lot

Do you need the Vit for survability? That's the only real question.
For regular rifts, not at all - Angry Chicken, Goldwrap and Boon of the Hoarder so I'm not dying ever.
For GRs....Well, I'm still running those with Angry Chicken too, since I still haven't found a Sacred Harvester (let alone a good one). There, yes :p

The dilemma is that the first one has all four of the stats you want, but isn’t ancient, whereas the second one only has two, but IS ancient.

—Patrick

The dilemma is that the first one has all four of the stats you want, but isn’t ancient, whereas the second one only has two, but IS ancient.

—Patrick
Not quite - Area Damage is actually a fairly desirable stat for a Gargantuan build. A few seasons ago the meta was slightly different (don't ask me what changes exactly changed it), and you were actively looking for it. Since a Garg-Humongoid already has an AEO attack, it triggers like crazy. If the garg cleaves and hits 10 mobs, on average that'll cause Area Damage twice...Hitting all 10 of those *two more* times. Having an Area Damage over 100% means he's hitting 8 out of 10 for 300+% of his supposed damage and the other two for 200%. So I don't mind the Area Damage at all - I think it's still supposedly better than IAS if the roll is high enough for groups, but, of course, crap against Rift Guardians.

My personal preference for T&T is that since its purpose is to increase attack speed, then that’s the stat I would prioritize with that item (after crit/crit, that is) because then I can share that item among all my INT/IAS-based builds (Wizard Hydra, for instance). I mean, if I was going to emphasize something other than IAS, then I’d be using something other than T&T.

—Patrick

Finished Conqueror. I'm still quite a ways off from Guardian - mainly beause I STILL haven't found a single Sacred Harvester (I'm running In-Geom when not using the Chicken! In-Geom! I don't need any cooldown! It's just the best one hander I have!). Anyway, I'll get around to most of it. I'm just completely at a loss as to what third conquest to go for solo. Thrill and Avarice were easy peasy... Boss Mode and Sprinter are both *possible* to solo as a Chicken, but will likely ask several attempts - some bosses are just plain luck if you can find them fast enough (Adria!), but some parts of the story are really annoying to do on your own.
On the other hand, Masters of the Universe is doable, but requires a WHOLE lot of grind. I can probably master all 4 WD set dungeons now (of course I found Mara's for Helltooth's on some random trash mob five minutes after mastering another set dungeon, why do you even ask?), but I don't know if I can actually do all four Necro sets...I've never tried Trag'Ouls or Pestilence. Still, the main point there is just the sheer amount of time it takes to farm four full sets for another character.
Anyone want to weigh in?

GR76, P550+...And STILL NO HARVESTER. Thing is, it'll do less damage tha what I'm carrying now - but the 5 extra stracks of Soul Harvest mean 50% more armor, AND 30% more INT (and thus resistances). Once I find one, I can respec all my other gear into more damage - now I have to keep running with more defensive gear, and it's starting to slow my down.
I thought the Starmetal Kukri was supposed to be the "rare" ceremonial Knife, but I've thrown away several Ancient of that by now. There are 13 legendary CKs (two crafter, so only 11 that can drop or be gambled or upgraded to). I'm now over 100 upgraded knifes. What the heck are the drops on this thing this season?!

A buddy of mine has a saying for situations like this, which is, “Random is random.”
But yeah, I’m right with you. I have NEVER been able to complete a Staff of Herding within a season, because I’ll find/buy the first three pieces and then even if I play 2-3hrs/day straight through until season end, I’ll never get that 4th one, and usually it’s that Gibbering Gemstone F U CHILTARA!

—Patrick

Mastered all four WD set dungeons and levelled a necro to 70. That's the easy part done.
Now, it seems to me the fastest way to get 5 pieces of all four Necro sets (assuming I use RORG, but why wouldn't I?) would be to speedrun TX rifts with my WD, speedrun GRs in the 40-50s range, gather up all the blood shards, then switch back to the Necro to gamble the lot of them, rince, repeat.
My necro has absolutely no intelligent class specific items for the moment, he can live in T6 but not in a very comfortable rift-clearing way. Once I complete any of the sets he can take over and it might be more efficient ot do slightly lower rifts and GRs, but with him so that dropped legendaries are also options.
Anything I'm missing?

Anything I'm missing?
A good INT-based litany/host combo might help your Necro farm better.
Also you will find significantly more stuff in TX (and up) if you are in a game with 3 other people, so hop into those high-level public yellow rift games to really accumulate death’s breath and souls, then find or forge lvl 70 necro class-specific items to upgrade in the cube, and don’t forget you can Errol reroll duplicate set items to try and fill in your missing pieces.

—Patrick

Last edited:
Finished the Journey. Still no Sacred Harvester, though. Nor a Circle of Julian's Love or Krysbinn's, for that matter, which was what my necro would've needed if I'd've wanted to take him further. He's done GR60 solo too, by now, though :p And, I think, the very first time I've reached Guardian *completely* solo without *ever* going into a public game. There should be an achievement for that, dammit!

Now...I have almost 7 weeks left. Do I dare go try and get another stash tab on America? Or do I go and play something else? Decisions decisions.

So I remember loving Diablo when it came out forever ago, and I want to play Diablo 3. So, if you guys had both a switch and an ultra-powerful laptop, which would you buy Diablo 3 on?

Can I summon a bunch of skeletons and then giggle while they tear apart some obnoxious attacker?
Not in the same way. Summon Skeletons does give the Necromancer a troop of skeletons that passively attack and draw enemy fire, but they aren't the murder machines they were in D2. You'll definitely be playing in a more active style, using a builder to generate your resource and at least one consumer to deal your primary damage. But honestly, I think Witch Doctor out pets the Necromancer with his Zuni build, which works a lot like old skeleton army builds... but with knife wielding fetishes.

Also, Necromancer is another 10 bucks on top of the game.

Not in the same way. Summon Skeletons does give the Necromancer a troop of skeletons that passively attack and draw enemy fire, but they aren't the murder machines they were in D2. You'll definitely be playing in a more active style, using a builder to generate your resource and at least one consumer to deal your primary damage. But honestly, I think Witch Doctor out pets the Necromancer with his Zuni build, which works a lot like old skeleton army builds... but with knife wielding fetishes.

Also, Necromancer is another 10 bucks on top of the game.
It's perfectly viable to have your pets kill everything while you stand in the back and cackle...but you'll usually need Skeletal Mages rather than Skeletons, and you're continuously resummoning them.
For a more laid back pet build like the necro from D2, the Witch Doctor's a better choice.

I've only ever played on the PC, I can't speak to how the Switch version plays. Does it have Seasons etc these days?

The previous folks have it right. New Necro is not old Necro. If you want a pet build, play WD. Otherwise, I already gave my impressions of the new Necro builds.

As far as platform goes, get whichever platform the majority of your friends have, because that’s the platform you’re going to want to play most. If you’re planning on playing solo. There are people who claim the Switch version is possibly THE best Switch port ever, but as I don’t own a Switch (and also don’t know anyone who has one that also plays D3), I can’t speak to it.

—Patrick

Anyone playing this season? And anyone any thoughts on Patch 2.6.4?
I'm not starting out this season, playing other games right now, but I might start later on...
As for the Season, I like the buff, but no-one seems to be doing anything interesting with it - al lbuilds I've seen so far are just the same as before, with the RoRG replaced with some damage-dealing item like CoE. I was hoping some people would be able to dream up some cool new combos, but...Not much so far.
As for the patch, some nice QoL but not what everybody would want (auto-pick-up of materials)...And otherwise, it's almost entirely just buffing all sets up even more, with most of them just receiving yet another *2 multiplier to damage of their 6 piece bonus - a few exceptions but no major reworks.

I want to play this season, but haven't actually had the chance to PLAY because two days this week have been snow days. So far I've had the game launched and running on my computer for about 3 hours' time but I haven't actually, y'know, created a character and played or anything.

I have a couple of ideas for what to do with the buff, but I'll have to get all the pieces first, of course. Meanwhile people on my friends list were hitting solo GR80 by Sunday, I'm sure I'll get to hear from them soon about how the game is "sooo boooring." Yes well if I played it for 72 straight hours I might get a bit tired of it as well.

--Patrick

That really is useful! I’m surprised that more builds haven’t been thought up. I can think up a few WD variants off the top of my head that take advantage of not needing to use a ring slot on a RoRG.

Must builds really stay with old builds + one extra ring for damage. The buffs for different sets really change the viability, though.