[Gaming] Diablo 3 : Ser Farm-A-Lot

This is why I like playing a wizard. Sure, it only has one effective strategy (buff your damage and zap everything with Disintegrate) but it also means I only need to focus on doing one thing: building damage. So all of my gear choices boil down to...

- does this increase my damage dealing stats
- does this have a bonus to Disintegrate

That's it. I don't NEED anything else. Wizards are so squishy that it's pointless to focus on defense so I should ALWAYS be going damage.
The WD is like that if you go with a DOT focus, for the most part. Of course, they also have the option to pet spec as well. My build is basically "put damaging stuff on the ground and make monsters walk through it", so I'm all about anything that increases poison damage or direct damage.[DOUBLEPOST=1409682818,1409682338][/DOUBLEPOST]
Once you get the perk that allows you to gain mana regen by using certain spells, I'd switch to Spirit Barrage. Firing it off enough consecutively will effectively make your mana infinite, which is nice because then you can drop Acid Cloud for AOE between bursts without worrying about running out of ammo.
I actually had that build for a while, but switched to mana regen from Rain of Toads (poison damage is my thing) and switched over to that one glyph that makes your spirit barrage into that spirit that throws out massive damage.

I actually had that build for a while, but switched to mana regen from Rain of Toads (poison damage is my thing) and switched over to that one glyph that makes your spirit barrage into that spirit that throws out massive damage.
Rain of Toads is basically the only builder I recommend, other than Firebombs. I'll have to try the massive spirit thing though.

I loved the witchdoctor purely because I was able to create a build that destroyed everything using A SHARKNADO AND ZOMBIE BEARS.

Really, what more could anyone want?

I have two WDs and I use the pet build one one so mana isn't an issue. I summon my entourage and spam rain of toads. The pets do most of the work. This build has worked for me for ages and I'm using a junior version on my seasonal WD. It wasn't until I got a few very specific drops that the build became viable in T5. I think that with a few other best in slot items (Tasker and Theo @HCGLNS ) I would be a lot more efficient. The gear for this build seems very hard to find but the build still works without it.

My other WD is using the Jade set and I'm not sure it would have been very good without the full set and very specific accompanying pieces. I found this set much easier to collect.

I loved the witchdoctor purely because I was able to create a build that destroyed everything using A SHARKNADO AND ZOMBIE BEARS.

Really, what more could anyone want?
I do love that Piranha spell. I use the glyph that sucks all the enemies into it. Works well for my throw shit on the ground playstyle.

Wizards are so squishy that it's pointless to focus on defense so I should ALWAYS be going damage.
You say that, but I've worked REALLY HARD to build a Wizard with mitigation as a 1st-tier focus.
I mean, then they changed over to the whole "torment" system and removed CM and that ruined a lot of it, but it's still the strategy I'm following, I just have to rebalance it for the new Arcane Torrent, new gear, etc.

--Patrick

There is a rune for a giant zombie crocodile. That one is pretty useful because it eats it's target taking it out of the fight for a bit and doing damage over time. If it had a shorter cool down I'd still be using it.
That's what Leoric's crown is for.

--Patrick

I just started playing this again since putting it down right after Reaper hit for one reason or another. Figuring our bounties and what not has been fun, same as rifts but I was chasing a treasure goblin earlier, killed him and was then able to enter The Vault that they try to jump to. There were piles of gold everywhere and when it was all done I was 14 million richer. There's a boss to defeat named Greed who then drops a massive chest that for me contained three legendaries, one of which was a Boon of the Hoarder. I was running low on gold before but this should help.

I just started playing this again since putting it down right after Reaper hit for one reason or another. Figuring our bounties and what not has been fun, same as rifts but I was chasing a treasure goblin earlier, killed him and was then able to enter The Vault that they try to jump to. There were piles of gold everywhere and when it was all done I was 14 million richer. There's a boss to defeat named Greed who then drops a massive chest that for me contained three legendaries, one of which was a Boon of the Hoarder. I was running low on gold before but this should help.
I think that gem always drops from her, because I got the exact same thing.

I think that gem always drops from her, because I got the exact same thing.
Upon looking into it a bit more, you are correct. I thought the vault itself was pretty unique but turns out it's pretty easy to get to. I wasn't even certain what had happened. I killed that goblin then must have clicked on the portal without realizing. Suddenly there was gold EVERYWHERE.

Upon looking into it a bit more, you are correct. I thought the vault itself was pretty unique but turns out it's pretty easy to get to. I wasn't even certain what had happened. I killed that goblin then must have clicked on the portal without realizing. Suddenly there was gold EVERYWHERE.
The vault portal is a pretty rare spawn, in that treasure goblins are a rare spawn, and that they'll leave behind a portal is even rarer. But they're not -super- rare, you'll get one eventually without having to specifically hunt for them.

You always get that gem the first time you defeat her (no idea if you keep getting it every other time as well). Back when there was still the gold buff, you would usually walk away from there with 35million gold. You're only supposed to see them in adventure mode, and only when you are NOT in a rift.

I haven't had a goblin give me that portal even once so far, though I did run into a rainbow goblin yesterday.

--Patrick

You always get that gem the first time you defeat her (no idea if you keep getting it every other time as well). Back when there was still the gold buff, you would usually walk away from there with 35million gold. You're only supposed to see them in adventure mode, and only when you are NOT in a rift.

I haven't had a goblin give me that portal even once so far, though I did run into a rainbow goblin yesterday.

--Patrick
Legendary Gems from rift guardians can't drop twice if you already have the same type of gem on your character or in your stash, so I doubt you could get two of the greed gems on the same character. But you could get it on another character, so long as the previous one wasn't in the stash.

Is anyone playing a seasonal character? I figured what the heck. Not sure whether the best technique is my usual playstyle, which is clear every corner of every map, or whether I should just zip through the content so I can get to the bounties and rifts and such.

Is anyone playing a seasonal character? I figured what the heck. Not sure whether the best technique is my usual playstyle, which is clear every corner of every map, or whether I should just zip through the content so I can get to the bounties and rifts and such.
I am playing 2 seasonal chars. Your playstyle should be determined by what it is you wish to accomplish.

--Patrick

Good point; I forgot to put that part. I would foremost want to level to 70. Any goodies after that are gravy. I'm physically limited in how much and how often I can play, so I go lazycore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Love to help out, but I'm currently not able to play ANYTHING Battle.net related because of the AT&T outage. Apparently it's keeping folks with certain providers from accessing the servers and playing anything for more than 15 minutes at a time.

Best approach to leveling is pretty definitely to blitz through bounty completions as quickly as you can. I'm not sure how the xp/time ratio between bounties and rifts works out, but I used them as a way to break up the monotony anyway.

Unless you're after the seasonal loot items or want to get the banner (or whatever they are offering as a seasonal reward), there's really no reason to play a seasonal character if you're time-limited. I only say that because it is difficult to accomplish anything significant in a season without investing a non-trivial amount of time in the game.

That said, if you want to discuss leveling (the kind that doesn't get you banned), I would be happy to help out if I catch you in game.

--Patrick

The reason is because it's a fun challenge with some potential benefits. If worse comes to absolute worst, I'll have a wizard much closer to 70 than I would have got without the impetus.

Think of it like me doing NaNoWriMo but not expecting to get 50K words. (I did it once just to say I had.)

Oh, and you don't want to play with me. I'm really annoying to anybody leveling tseriously. Only Mr. ZM can do it because he's the same kind of annoying. :D I really appreciate the offer but we should play with my 70 WD instead.

Oh, and you don't want to play with me.
This means you are making some assumptions about how I play, what I like, and what I don't like. I have characters I want to level, I have characters where I want to complete every single quest ever. It all depends. You could be right, I might find you all kinds of annoying...but don't forget the reverse might also be true. :)

--Patrick

You could be right, I might find you all kinds of annoying...but don't forget the reverse might also be true. :)
Fair enough. Let's play together and piss each other off! ;-)

Still think it should be with my WD though. She has an army. AND a Hulk. And I know how to play her, unlike this wizard (but I love him! Boom zap crackle everything's dead).

Fair enough. Let's play together and piss each other off! ;-)

Still think it should be with my WD though. She has an army. AND a Hulk. And I know how to play her, unlike this wizard (but I love him! Boom zap crackle everything's dead).

Easiest way to play Wizard?

- Disintegration: The one that randomly shoots extra beams
- Teleport
- Magic Weapon: The one give extra damage
- Familair: The one that gives extra damage
- Storm Armor: Rage of Storms (the one that reduces spell costs) until you are doing stuff on Torment 2 or higher, in which case you may want to switch to the Force Armor that keeps you from getting 1-hitted.
- Your choice of ether Slow Time: The one that makes them take more damage or Archon: Extra Damage.

Basic strategy is to just fry everything with Disintegrate and kite with Teleport. Super simple.

Cripes, still collecting gear for my first character the WD. The items I want don't seem to drop too often though I've been awful lucky with the set items so far. Still, not running beyond the first Torment level yet. When my next gem hits the max level and I have an additional crap ton of Int dmg to do, I may up i to the next level.

Easiest way to play Wizard?

- Disintegration: The one that randomly shoots extra beams
- Teleport
- Magic Weapon: The one give extra damage
- Familair: The one that gives extra damage
- Storm Armor: Rage of Storms (the one that reduces spell costs) until you are doing stuff on Torment 2 or higher, in which case you may want to switch to the Force Armor that keeps you from getting 1-hitted.
- Your choice of ether Slow Time: The one that makes them take more damage or Archon: Extra Damage.

Basic strategy is to just fry everything with Disintegrate and kite with Teleport. Super simple.
You've essentially just described my Wizard build, with a couple exceptions: I will sometimes switch out the Disintegrate:Chaos Nexus (the shoot-everywhere one) with the new fire-based Arcane Torrent just for the extra survivability (it reduces incoming damage while channeling). Also, I will use the Energy Armor: Prismatic Armor to boost my resistances > 2000 rather than the :Force Armor. Force Armor is great against big-hit bosses (like Belial) but it is next to useless for swarms of tiny mobs (scorpions!) or bosses who use channeled/DOT attacks (Diablo's lightning, for instance) that come in under the amount necessary to trigger the effect. Also that effect is now capped at something like twice your life total, so it still won't work as well against bosses in the higher difficulty levels unless your life total is extremely high. I also use the Spectral Blades:Barrier Blades with Magic Weapon: Deflection for survivability and to better facetank those mobs you can't avoid (due to teleport/vortex/etc). I am also running the Illusionist passive to help me run away faster because I don't have enough cooldown reduction (CDR) or any legendaries to make it "free."

--Patrick

You've essentially just described my Wizard build, with a couple exceptions: I will sometimes switch out the Disintegrate:Chaos Nexus (the shoot-everywhere one) with the new fire-based Arcane Torrent just for the extra survivability (it reduces incoming damage while channeling). Also, I will use the Energy Armor: Prismatic Armor to boost my resistances > 2000 rather than the :Force Armor. Force Armor is great against big-hit bosses (like Belial) but it is next to useless for swarms of tiny mobs (scorpions!) or bosses who use channeled/DOT attacks (Diablo's lightning, for instance) that come in under the amount necessary to trigger the effect. Also that effect is now capped at something like twice your life total, so it still won't work as well against bosses in the higher difficulty levels unless your life total is extremely high. I also use the Spectral Blades:Barrier Blades with Magic Weapon: Deflection for survivability and to better facetank those mobs you can't avoid (due to teleport/vortex/etc). I am also running the Illusionist passive to help me run away faster because I don't have enough cooldown reduction (CDR) or any legendaries to make it "free."

--Patrick
See... unless you are on Torment 2 or higher, it's just not an issue with my build. Add in Glass Cannon and you'll burn down almost everything before it can reach you. I can burn down Act bosses before they finish their speeches in piddling gear. But once you hit Torment 2, even mob bosses can tank your hits and you HAVE. TO. KITE. or they'll wall you and that's it.

See... unless you are on Torment 2 or higher, it's just not an issue with my build.
I usually play him at T3/T4. T3 to farm, T4 depends on how many people are along. I use Treasure Goblins as my barometer. If I can reliably kill a Treasure Goblin, then it's time to move to the next difficulty level. On T4, I can successfully kill them >75% of the time when soloing, so I know I'm getting close to being able to try T5.

--Patrick

Starting to get my gear together. This weekend I was able to get the Aughild's set of 3 built close to how I want it. I also happened upon the Ukhapian Serpent, which is fantastic. In the mean time I'm using three Cain's pieces to get the bonus MF and upgrading my gems to get maximum dmg from Int. boosts.

One of the pieces I really want though is the Rhen'Ho Flayer. Once that happens, I can finally change Firebats to Spirit Walk and use that to escape hairy situations.

Be careful about relying on MF. It was SIGNIFICANTLY nerfed in the 2.x patch. Yes it still applies to legendary/set items, but at a drastically reduced rate (10%). This means that even if you manage to maximize a bonus of +120% magic find through gear, your bonus to find set/legendaries is only going to increase by 12%. It will still find you more of the 5-6 affix rares, though.

--Patrick

Interesting. Still much better than it was in Diablo 2, and to be honest it's just a place holder until I get the items I really want to take their places. Thanks for the heads up! :)

Interesting. Still much better than it was in Diablo 2, and to be honest it's just a place holder until I get the items I really want to take their places. Thanks for the heads up! :)
I used to run in D3 with +86% or so MF as my normal day-t0-day loadout just so I could find better stuff at lower difficulty levels. Nowadays I run with +exp items instead since it's more efficient to play at higher levels than it is to play with +MF gear.

--Patrick

I used to run in D3 with +86% or so MF as my normal day-t0-day loadout just so I could find better stuff at lower difficulty levels. Nowadays I run with +exp items instead since it's more efficient to play at higher levels than it is to play with +MF gear.

--Patrick
I'm currently running at Torment 1 and the only things which give me pause are when I run into multiple Elites (Jailer/Freeze/Wall combinations tend to eat up my health pretty quick). I'm waiting to hit 500k dmg before upping the Torment level though. I have decent +Exp on my gear right now so I'm not really missing out on that front. There's a lot of gear I REALLY want to find, though I really can't complain about the stuff I have found. From what I hear Uhkapian Serpant can be a bear to find.