[Gaming] Diablo 3 : Ser Farm-A-Lot

I should probably use Wall of Zombies more often than I do. I wonder if Big Bad Voodoo can make a pet build viable. I used the hell out of that to take out Diablo on Normal.

I have a people puncher too, he's on Act 3 normal, though.

So far I have a WD just about to the end of Act 1 Nightmare. A Barbarian half way through Act 1 Nightmare. A Monk in the middle of Act 3 Normal, and a Demon Hunter and Wizard that I've barely touched (just after the Skeleton King).

I'm an Altaholic for sure.

Barb's on Inferno A1, cleared to Butcher. Monk on Nightmare A1, almost to Leoric. DH is gathering the sword parts on Normal, WD just killed Kulle on Normal and Wizard is coming up on Leoric on Normal.

I wouldn't have half the progress I do if my phone didn't have 3G hotspot capabilities and I work the overnight shift with virtually no incoming calls. Almost all my time playing has been here at work on my laptop.

Arcane Enchanted is really nasty. In Hell the beam can eat through my Barb's 30-40k hp in no time. When I started running into Snaring enemies it was game over.

The laser beam things suck. Invulnerable minions are brutal too. I wouldn't complain if I could have some though :)

My WD is on the Butcher in Inferno and my monk is on act 2 normal. I'm going away for work for a few weeks so no Diablo for me until I return.

Apparently Blizzard had a little oopsy with 1.0.3. It appears to have caused some issues with people who bought the game digitally from battle.net, by setting all of their game clients to the trial version. People are logging in to find that their followers have been reset to level 13, they can't use chat, they can't trade items, they can't use the RMAH, and they can't gain XP. Blizzard suggests changing your password, but several people have reported that the only way they could fix the problem was by logging into their Battle.net account, choosing the change account settings option, not changing anything, and then selecting save changes. Be forewarned if you log in and suddenly your Templar is level 13 and your XP bar reads X/0.

Necronic

Staff member
Is it an IAS thing? In fairness IAS definitely needed a nerf. It was bar none the single most powerful stat you could get on equipment. Really it was inexcusable for them to not have seen how poorly balanced that stat was early on.

Apparently Blizzard had a little oopsy with 1.0.3. It appears to have caused some issues with people who bought the game digitally from battle.net, by setting all of their game clients to the trial version. People are logging in to find that their followers have been reset to level 13, they can't use chat, they can't trade items, they can't use the RMAH, and they can't gain XP. Blizzard suggests changing your password, but several people have reported that the only way they could fix the problem was by logging into their Battle.net account, choosing the change account settings option, not changing anything, and then selecting save changes. Be forewarned if you log in and suddenly your Templar is level 13 and your XP bar reads X/0.
Jesus christ. How does this even happen?

Is it an IAS thing? In fairness IAS definitely needed a nerf. It was bar none the single most powerful stat you could get on equipment. Really it was inexcusable for them to not have seen how poorly balanced that stat was early on.
That's part of it - I lost ~7k damage overnight because they didn't properly test things in the beta. Beyond that, the nerfs to Inferno are absolutely insane. I'm completely facerolling act 3 now, in spite of having lost 7k damage and gained nothing. The things that were fun about the game seem to be pretty much gone - maybe I'll like it better once I add some damage back in. We'll see.

That's part of it - I lost ~7k damage overnight because they didn't properly test things in the beta. Beyond that, the nerfs to Inferno are absolutely insane. I'm completely facerolling act 3 now, in spite of having lost 7k damage and gained nothing. The things that were fun about the game seem to be pretty much gone - maybe I'll like it better once I add some damage back in. We'll see.
I've been seeing that a lot. People posting that they can now roll right through Act 3 on what used to be their Act 1 "fun build" with no problems whatsoever. It saddens me, greatly.

Apparently there's a new Inferno Zoltun Kulle bug as well. When ZK gets below 10% health he teleports next to the player (players, if there's more than one and they're standing next to each other, or one at a time but back to back, almost instantaneously if there's more than one PC and they're spread out) and kills them. There's no cast/ability graphics, and it doesn't matter how well geared you are or if you had any trouble with the fight up to that point. Get him to 10% health or less and he teleports to you and kills you. It doesn't appear to be his enrage timer, as people are getting him down to 10% in less than 3 minutes and the "ceiling collapse" mechanic isn't taking place.

Edit: It seems that Blizz may have mixed up a couple of enrage effects. The effect that people are complaining about from Zeke is the same enrage effect as Rakanoth, but Blizzard reported that Zeke's enrage effect would be ceiling collapse, not teleport and insta-kill.

Necronic

Staff member
Hm. Yeah I was pretty concerned about the second thing you said, that they "overbalanced". Although to be fair you were already one of the best geared players in the game though, since you were one of the only few players that could "hang" in A3+.

I'll see what it looks like myself later on since I was one of the people that could get up through A2 but hit a wall at A3. From what I've heard one of the "balance" things they did was to reduce the mob health. I'm not sure that was a good idea tbqh.

But it also was bad that the full RA/SOE build was so much a requirement.

I've been seeing that a lot. People posting that they can now roll right through Act 3 on what used to be their Act 1 "fun build" with no problems whatsoever. It saddens me, greatly.
I've been able to take my hand off my mouse while fighting act 3 bosses and type messages to friends. Without dying. It's absolutely ridiculous.
Added at: 17:02
As a point of reference, my damage is low enough now that bosses with extra health almost always take long enough that they get the damage over time debuff on me with 25%+ health remaining. Then I tank them and kill them anyway. Without defensive cooldowns.

F

Feiht

Just installed the game..... anyonelse having micro stutter that just bothers you beyond belief?

I have a system that just crushes the requirements but the game runs choppy.

The only solution I've really come across that might have worked was running the MPQS folder off a SSD but I don't have one. I tried running it off a USB and the choppyness was worse.

Unless you're talking about this:
Fixed a position desync bug (aka "rubberbanding") that could happen when some movement skills (Strafe, Whirlwind, Tempest Rush) ended because the player ran out of the appropriate resource
Which was supposed to be fixed in 1.0.3, then what you're likely experiencing is lag from latency/server problems, or the need to upgrade your video card drivers. If it is lag/latency, there's not much you can do.

Or it's an artifact of SLI/XFire, which is known to do that sort of thing.

--Patrick
That could do it too... I've never actually had enough money when it came to system build time to get into SLI or XFire. Though apparently, judging by a number of posts about the matter, they did not manage to fix rubberbanding.

F

Feiht

My video card is SLI maybe? GTX580 if it helps?

Don't think it's my latency, connection is between 10mbs-25mbs across the country.

It's also not the "rubber banding", it's straight up micro stuttering as I travel around maps, even worse during combat.

F

Feiht

I'm sad that I can't play it enjoyably and there doesn't seem to be a single answer as to why I'm having the problem.

Necronic

Staff member
Well, I wouldn't sweat not being able to play much right now Vrii.

Repair costs are ~40k right now. This means that your gold intake is cut in half, at best. After an hour in Act 3 I walked away with 100k gold and 150k in repair bills.

This may be one of the dumbest and most easily testable/avoidable balance decisions I have ever seen.

Drop rates are completely fucked too. I don't know how you did, but after farming up 22 rares purely in act 3, I ended up with one halfway-reasonable weapon, 11 trash rares between ilevels 61-63, and 10 items that were sub-level 60. Act 3 of fucking Inferno difficulty is dropping 50% items that are sub-60. Getting more items overall is completely meaningless if half of them are automatically trash, and I don't understand what the hell Blizzard was thinking.

S

Soliloquy

You're assuming Blizzard wants balance. They don't. They want more of your money. In that matter, Diablo III is the exact same as every freemium game on Steam/itunes store/android market.

Without the "free" part.

See, I don't think so. The old balance level should have been way more profitable for them - progression required shit-tons of gear that you couldn't get in the earlier difficulties, meaning you pretty much had to go to the auction house. Now they changed it so gear is trivial, you can farm easy content and end up with the same quality of gear as anyone who's ahead of you, and there's basically no reason to spend gold or money on items. As far as I can see, outside of a one-time influx of people who need to replace the attack speed gear that just got absolutely shit on, all they've done is devalue their own items for no reason.

S

Soliloquy

See, I don't think so. The old balance level should have been way more profitable for them - progression required shit-tons of gear that you couldn't get in the earlier difficulties, meaning you pretty much had to go to the auction house. Now they changed it so gear is trivial, you can farm easy content and end up with the same quality of gear as anyone who's ahead of you, and there's basically no reason to spend gold or money on items. As far as I can see, outside of a one-time influx of people who need to replace the attack speed gear that just got absolutely shit on, all they've done is devalue their own items for no reason.
And then they "update" it again to where everyone needs to suddenly spend their money on something else.

Also, repair costs being higher than the amount of money you can earn in a play-through? That smacks of freemium at its worst.

You can't pay repair costs with real money.
Added at: 22:32
You also can't buy or sell gold right now. It's just another system they added because they liked the idea, but didn't test balance nearly enough.