[Gaming] Diablo 3 : Ser Farm-A-Lot

It's that bit that would piss me off. It shows what a stupid idea this whole online only thing is.
I was more mad about it for SC2. That game really didn't need to be online-only, D3 at least makes some sense to me, but not a friggin RTS.

Oh well I guess it could be worst, at least I am having fun between going through the server issues. I would hate to deal with all the shit only to find I got bored after an hour.

P.S. This was Diablo's plan all along, make the game, cause server crashes, and drive the world into utter chaos as millions of gamers rush into the street to cleave eachother with axes.

I'm too lazy to red through all of this. Are blizzards servers really not up to this release? That's fucked up.

Was making solid progress in Act2 and had hoped to clear one last Checkpoint. I guess the upside is I won't be tempted to stay up super late this time.

Getting enough servers for a launch when it's likely that the max load after teh 1st week or two won't be anywhere near what it was at launch doesn't make econ sense, so it's not really that surprising...

And Asia went down even before EU and NA where live, i know, i saw a feed going dark... wonder if those guys are still trying to be the 1st to get to 60...

No fair, you get it for $48...
If it makes you feel any better the exchange rate went from 5 to 5.5 since i pre-ordered in November, so i'm paying more then i thought i would... stupid economy.

I was more mad about it for SC2. That game really didn't need to be online-only, D3 at least makes some sense to me, but not a friggin RTS.

Oh well I guess it could be worst, at least I am having fun between going through the server issues. I would hate to deal with all the shit only to find I got bored after an hour.

P.S. This was Diablo's plan all along, make the game, cause server crashes, and drive the world into utter chaos as millions of gamers rush into the street to cleave eachother with axes.
Starcraft 2 only required a one time authentication unless you signed in from another computer. I used to play offline on my laptop all the time. I'd be fine if this was what they did for Diablo. It would save them a hell of a lot of server stress headache if you could create an offline only character. Authenticate when you launch the game, then the servers aren't an issue for a good 60-70% of the players, saving a couple hundred thousand times the load on the servers.

Remember folks, post your BNet tags.

If you're not in the main post, send me a PM as I couldn't be bothered to check the pages for those I missed.

Also, play with HFers! Played coop all day with Ravenpoe yesterday. (minus the server drama). Good times!

Currently going to start Act 2 tonight at 7PM Eastern

Apparently when you turn on Elective mode, you have greater freedom with the skills you choose. A great option when leveling and your new abilities are less than ideal without proper runes.

Starcraft 2 only required a one time authentication unless you signed in from another computer. I used to play offline on my laptop all the time. I'd be fine if this was what they did for Diablo. It would save them a hell of a lot of server stress headache if you could create an offline only character. Authenticate when you launch the game, then the servers aren't an issue for a good 60-70% of the players, saving a couple hundred thousand times the load on the servers.
That is interesting, because I remember having to log in all the time when I first played (the first two months after release) and being unable to play it on my laptop while out of the house on a trip once. If they allow playing without logging in now, that might have been patched, and if so I am glad they did.

D3 is a bit of a different beast though, because they would once again have to patch in a method for characters to be saved client side and wouldn't be able to let those characters be utilized in the online systems for things like achievements. It would be way to easy to hack. I know, I used to mess around with hacked offline d2 characters to try out things like the Barb with all the best stats and gear.

Nuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuoooooo..... alright. I'll just level up either my Barbarian or Demon Hunter. I'll be in Vent getting hit on by Nick and Bones.

I probably wont be on until after 10 your time, I am working a half shift to train in a new paperslinger, and then have to meet with my boss to discuss plans for the summer.

I didn't even get to play yesterday as every time I tired to log in I got errors. This has been a pretty big dissapointment for me.
That sucks man, because once you get in it pretty much starts sucking out your soul. What error were you getting? Maybe I can look into it for you.

My only guess is that the people that handle the WoW servers are different then those that setup and handle the D3 servers, and if that is the case they really need to have the two teams get together and work out a better system for launches. I can understand it's hard to gauge, and things can go wrong, but after the first day all bets are going to be off. It needs to be fixed now before people start hemorrhaging in anger.

Went down for me last night right as I was about to fight the skeleton king. No biggie. I went to bed.

That sucks man, because once you get in it pretty much starts sucking out your soul. What error were you getting? Maybe I can look into it for you.

Good old error # 37. I'm just glad I didn't take the day off work... but I had had a pretty sucky day yesterday and I just wanted to veg out in front of the computer.

Good old error # 37. I'm just glad I didn't take the day off work... but I had had a pretty sucky day yesterday and I just wanted to veg out in front of the computer.
Hopefully today will be better, how about some of us make a new leveling group with some new toons tonight? Get some of the bad taste about the server problems out of us.

That is assuming the servers hold up tonight, hopefully they took this seriously and spent all that downtime yesterday really beefing up the infrastructure.

Necronic

Staff member
They did, actually. The EU and US servers pushed through a small update, which was tested on the SEA servers first.
Huh, must have been before or later then when I'm talking about. For me the US and EU servers went down around 10PM central, and the Asian servers were up at that time.

Rolled a mage first on the US servers. Later I rolled a monk on the Asian servers. Monks are amazing.