Dear Dave: On Trucks and Tigers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Dave,

If you had the opportunity, would you drive a truck carrying a cow into a park full of Siberian tigers and watch them eat it without mercy?

This is a serious question Dave.

Yep, I'm in Shenyang now, and Im thinking about taking a weekend trip up to Harbin and feeding some tigers.

Dave

Staff member
Dear Terrik,

Hells yes I would! Tigers gotta eat, too! And we can watch them tear into the cow. Fuck yeah I'd do that!

Well, I went Dave, and it was a bit different than I expected, but I'm still afraid to post pictures and videos for fear that I'd look like a complete monster. Dear lord, the screams.

Dave

Staff member
Well, I went Dave, and it was a bit different than I expected, but I'm still afraid to post pictures and videos for fear that I'd look like a complete monster. Dear lord, the screams.
It's always a bit different than you thought it would be. I mean, it had to be kind of like watching the veloceraptors ganking that cow in Jurassic Park. One minute there's a cow and the next minute there's OMFGCHOMPCHOMPCHOMP!!!

I read somewhere that the nature shows don't show you the gritty reality of lions and stuff really eating. Evidently many herd animals like bison have extremely tough hides...so, the easiest way to get at their innards is to start at the anus and eat your way in. Uh..yum.

*casts resurrection* I do have some videos, but only some pics on this particular computer. Here's a just a few

This is my friend Iain next to the sign with the animal prices

And so it begins. This one made me really sad. Especially the video.

The second one

So yeah.

it's kinda cool/kinda horrific. If the animals had a chance at defending, maybe it would be different. A bit more like pokemon and a little less like slaughter.

yeah mixed feelings here too.

i understand you got to feed them and i understand that i probly eat as many animals as they do

STILL, they made it a tourist attraction. :(

i'm a sucker for animal suffering...

WE SHOULD FEED THEM TIGERS SOME HUMANS.

I would still do it, no hesitation whatsoever. Seeing predators kill prey has never bothered me one iota. Quite the contrary, I think it's awe-inspiring.

I guess it would be better if the human chopped up the goat into quarters first...

In a way it is actually good for the lions and tigers to use their prey drive. Staves off the boredom.

Yeah the lamb stuff is okay I guess, but I even kinda felt bad when the 70 yr old woman selling the live chickens tied to a pole told me to bob the stick up and down to play keep away with the tiger. Didnt stop me from doing it or taking video though..

The evolutionary role of chickens is to be eaten. The evolutionary role of tigers is to eat and be fucking awesome. Circle of life. Nothing sad about it, we wouldn't be here without it.

Status
Not open for further replies.