DDO going Free!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chibibar

ok.. also made a guild on Cannith. I figure if y'all want to start out a fresh server, this is the place (still new server) economy is not totally bonk yet and I have friends who are high level can help us if we are "stuck"

We can either join up on Halforum or join my guild the Wandering Blades :) (run by 3 of my real life friends who are experts in DDO. one of my friend John play since beta until now)
Sin.EXE and I both rerolled our toons to join on the Halforums guild on Cannith, it's a fresh new server which means less influx of wow kiddies and not so much crazy billion gold amount prices on the auction house. :p

Having fun, redid all my stats/skills/feats to be more powerful as a Healing Cleric from the get go.

Chibi, when you get a chance can you please also make an me an officer so I can invite any other people who might wanna move over to Cannith? Thanks! :D[/QUOTE]

Done :)

fade

Staff member
So are we moving over there? I do like the in game voice chat. Chibibar sounds nothing like I thought he would, but he moves through the game like a blur!

So are we moving over there? I do like the in game voice chat. Chibibar sounds nothing like I thought he would, but he moves through the game like a blur!
We're generally trying to avoid the in-game voice chat, because on some of our systems (mine for example *sigh*) it comes in too quietly to be audible. We use the Vent instead.

O

Occasional Poster

I've played around a bit with a few characters today and will roll a paladin on Cannith when the servers are back up again. I'm European so I probably will not be on at the same time as many of you, but it seems like we have a decent group playing on our side of the world as well. I will post my character's name when he is created, looking forward to playing with you! :)

Oh, and I really love the DM narrating during the quests! :D

O

Occasional Poster

Fiurad Ulvoga, bastion of all that is good and holy, is now alive and ready for adventure on the first island.

It amuses me to no end, how people who were playing for about 2-3 days max are complaining about rerolling on a server, where there is a higher level forumite willing to help and able to get them past whatever they accomplished in a week, within a day or so. :rofl:

Some of the names people are picking for their chars in this thread are terribly generic, where are you all getting them from? A random name generator?

Dave

Staff member
It amuses me to no end, how people who were playing for about 2-3 days max are complaining about rerolling on a server, where there is a higher level forumite willing to help and able to get them past whatever they accomplished in a week, within a day or so. :rofl:

Some of the names people are picking for their chars in this thread are terribly generic, where are you all getting them from? A random name generator?
I just had no idea why we were moving. If this is a new server I assumed there would be no high levels there. I further assume that this is Chibi's character that will be helping out.

ToughActin Tenactin is not generic! :humph:
I obviously wasn't referring to you then, was I? :p

I just had no idea why we were moving. If this is a new server I assumed there would be no high levels there. I further assume that this is Chibi's character that will be helping out.
Again, if you weren't complaining, I wasn't talking about you directly! :slywink:

Shannow

Staff member
Do people read the stickies? VENT INFO HERE:

http://www.halforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9289

---------- Post added at 11:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:37 AM ----------

Again, if you weren't complaining, I wasn't talking about you directly! :slywink:
Well, he had the same replies as the rest of us, pretty much, so it is safe to assume he was! No nyah!:p

fade

Staff member
As far as the sticky is concerned, I have no idea how Vent works. For all I knew, that was a server specific to WoW or something. The problem with RTFM responses to help requests is that sometimes the manual may be clear to you, but not the newbie.

Dave

Staff member
Ventrilo is a program that you download that allows you to chat voice with others.

For those who don't know what Ventrilo is, it's an online voice chat program you run. You will obviously need a headset with a mic or speakers & a standing mic to run it. You can download it here. It's free and easy to use.

In order to access the server, you need to first set up a User name by clicking on the -> button next to the User name selector. We generally go by our forum handles or some variation of them. You then need to click on the -> button next to Server. Put the following information in it's respective fields.

(Hostname or IP): chi4.ugt-servers.com
(Port Number): 21169

That's everything your going to NEED to do. Once you've done it, you can just log in and hopefully there will be someone there to talk to! One note though: You might want to go into the Setup menu and ether set the voice to \"Push to talk\" (You'll need to set a button for this) or \"Voice Activated\", depending on your preference. You can also adjust your outgoing volume or incoming volume if you desire that as well.

Shannow

Staff member
Blah blah, whatever. Not taking the bait.

Also, awesome new server! Seriously, I mean, wow! In the middle of the day, it has a queue of 342 and 20+ minutes! Sweet choice all! :facepalm:

Woot! Turbines account managment has not failed to undeliver, yet again. I am unable to create a dummy account. After hitting submit on account creation page I get sent to this page ---> https://trial.turbine.com/index.php. And there if I click on the click here I get sent back to step one of create a new account <headdesk>. Checked my e-mail and tried just logging in, in case that was it, but no.

I'll try making an account again later, in case their account server is just down or some other temporary brain fart on their part. If not I guess I'll just have to wait for them to e-mail me a code. Of course, I have not recieved a confirmation e-mail that the ticket I sent has even been recieved, so I am stuck in the limbo of uncertanty on that front too. :confused:

Shannow

Staff member
Yeah. I only hope that its due to the downtime earlier today. If its worse during peak hours, then it is pointless. not that it matters, i guess. This wil be sporadic for me anyways.

---------- Post added at 12:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:21 PM ----------

Oh for the love of. get in, and it says "For very high settings, you need to restart the application to apply a patch for very high textures"

back in queue again! :explode:

S

Singularity.EXE

That's weird that it has a queue, it didn't have one when I logged in earlier. I think they are probably doing something with the servers, as it is only Friday afternoon.

Also, is Mahdis Draesdaen generic? I thought it was very awesome. =(

C

Chibibar

Well.. the idea is that I have a guild here who are well verse in DDO. If we need help levelng (or just need start up money) it is easier with this server. I already have a level 7 favored soul that heals very well and have good equipment to help anyone. We can run instances/dungeon faster and better.

Also on new server, you tend to be able to find groups for low level stuff easier. I notice when I started on Arg, it was hard to find any decent group. Right now everyone is trying to pass the low level stuff to get to the high level stuff :)

I can start sending money and stuff to people who needs it once we get off the island (finishing misery and end up on sunny side)

also since I am not sure how many of you might stay after a month or so, all the time invested in the character I can use with other guilds if it doesn't take off.

Status
Not open for further replies.