DDO going Free!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chibibar

Yup.. Dungeon and Dragon Online. Aug 8th

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=190584

Looks like they are going with "FreeRealm" style you can access a lot of stuff free or have monthly subscription for "premium stuff" or micro payment for some of the stuff.

A friend of mine play since the beginning and will help us to get a drow (400 favor point) so we don't have to spend cash :)

C

Chibibar

well.. it is Dungeon and Dragon Online.

I do believe it is 3.5e Rules (not 4.0)

It's basically a heavily modified 3D 3.5 dnd game in a Eberron setting. I'll definitely play this occasionally for free.

C

Chibibar

SeriousJay said:
It's basically a heavily modified 3D 3.5 dnd game in a Eberron setting. I'll definitely play this occasionally for free.
heh... yea it is free. I'm giving it a shot as well.

doomdragon6 said:
I played a free trial or something a year or so back and it was just unbelievably boring.
Exactly this. However I am more than happy to try it again for free.

Shannow

Staff member
Anyone see where this has started yet and one can sign up and give it a whirl? I am not seeing it on their sight as having begun.

Shannow

Staff member
Thanks.

now, which of you fuckers is going to make a free account? We may as well perhaps try to play together.

Shannow said:
Thanks.

now, which of you fuckers is going to make a free account? We may as well perhaps try to play together.
I might. I've been looking for a new game and I'm not as much worried about ruining my marriage with an MMO, so...

doomdragon6

Staff member
I guess if I had some people to play with I could.

It's just so.. boring!

I know the game is called Dungeons and Dragons, but I played through a dungeon where it was literally JUST a dungeon! The only thing to stop you were a few traps (which didn't stop me) and if you clicked on the sarcophaguseseses, a skeleton would pop out. I started opening all of them at once just to have something to do.

Sounds like a game I'm install for one day and then delete. Isn't there any semblance to an DnD RPG or did they Diablo it?

doomdragon6 said:
I guess if I had some people to play with I could.

It's just so.. boring!

I know the game is called Dungeons and Dragons, but I played through a dungeon where it was literally JUST a dungeon! The only thing to stop you were a few traps (which didn't stop me) and if you clicked on the sarcophaguseseses, a skeleton would pop out. I started opening all of them at once just to have something to do.
I haven't run into this yet...plenty of mobs in every quest instance I've entered.

SeriousJay said:
Sounds like a game I'm install for one day and then delete. Isn't there any semblance to an DnD RPG or did they Diablo it?
It's like AD&D 3.5, with a WoW type spin on it. Clearly they can't do turn-based combat, so instead, there's more wow-style combat, but with concentration checks, tumbling, and all that jazz that is in AD&D

The client is ready for download, the high def version is 3.8 gigs. I suggest downloading it ahead of time before go time as it'll probably be as slow on molasses on the 9th.

We'll need to pick an official server.

---------- Post added at 07:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:26 PM ----------

Roleplaying server is "Sarlona". Overtime, should be less retards on the server. Creating my dude there. :)

My character's name is Soryon Zauviir on the Sarlona server.

Game feels very LOTRO like.... but they improved on how instances work. I've been to a few of the harder ones thus far and I like it. :)

Ok, just fought a halfling zombie. This game is officially cool. And the DM talking to the party during dungeons while you're roleplaying is an awesome touch.

I made a few friends, played for a bit with them. They love THUR cleric!

It's a neat free game. But it's a LOT like LOTRO.

Should finish downloading overnight. I'm looking forward to trying it again since it isn't costing me anything, but whether or not I can play in my office during the day depends on the weather, and it's not looking good.

Yeah, it just crashes on start-up for me.

Apparently according to their faq, my drivers must be out of date.

Fuck off.

And apparently nothing short of downloading the non-HD game client can fix my issue. And so, fuck DDO. You fail as a game.

I found the issue, apparently I have to hammer enter when I start the game up so it skips the intro video. The intro video is apparently a huge issue with many PCs. That's some good work guys.

C

Cuyval Dar

We settled on the RP server, right? As soon as it finishes downloading, I'll be on all weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.