[Drawing] David's Thing-a-Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Day 2: Just something that was in my head. My first drawing with Gimp because Photoshop picked today to stop cooperating.

Always love checking in with your work David, I still use the wallpaper you made for me a while back (the Shego/MaryJane edit you did). ;)

Day 5: I had a sudden inspiration for another goblin after midnight and stayed up until I got this far. I can has sleep?

Been away all day and didn't manage to get around to anything today; hopefully I'll be able to catch up with two drawings (or one really big one) tomorrow

Ugh, this one is taking it out of me. I spent entirely too long drawing and redrawing the left hand until I was happy with how it looked, now I'm figuring out the right hand. Breaking here for now before I throw my tablet.

Critiques would be appreciated. I've still got a million little things I could change but it might help for a second set of eyes to point out anything major.

Day 13, a night elf thing I randomly did in the food court at the mall today, shortly before getting kicked out by a security guard. I guess the security at the mall are Horde.

I'm sorry I haven't been posting, but I have been drawing. I started working with a group on a video game project, I've been doing character concept sketches that I can't share yet. Hopefully I'll get a go-ahead to post more about it soon.

For today, a robot:

Ha! Love the bot. Very cartoon army, like something you'd see attacking "The Kids Next Door" and that's a compliment.

Also, I just noticed the Fallout girl, I think you captured the feel of a cartoon style Fallout world character well. She still has a very 50s-60s vibe about her (the hair was a nice touch), the laser pistol and her pose are very excellent and very accurate as well. If I had any kind of critique that I could find, would be that you gave her a bit of a frumpy behind and her legs from the knee-down are a bit too short.

Otherwise, two fantastic pieces!

I've just discovered Sculptris, which is essentially a watered-down free version of ZBrush.
My first 3D sculpture with it, rendered with Blender:

I'm going to be rebooting this thread for a new challenge: Thing-a-Day. Basically the same as the august art challenge but will be continuously ongoing just to see how long I can keep it up (giggity). Because I should be drawing every day anyway, I'm hoping this will help to keep me at it. Expect the first art in a few hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.