[Drawing] David's Thing-a-Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reactions
91 46 0

Adorable Hippo: The T-Shirt. Yay or nay? I'm seriously tempted to set up a kickstarter to try making this happen.

Cajungal

Staff member
Reactions
472 134 0
Oh my God, you just made me make my really high-pitched "that's cute" noise! DO IT!

Reactions
1,479 393 2
Adorable Hippo could totally be your company name or something. :D

My own request: Dilbert Pinkerton! (mutant armadillo in a trenchcoat & fedora)

Reactions
91 46 0
I'm planning some other designs to launch with it: an elephant, a wallaby, and a dragon so far. Maybe a zombie?

Today's thing: failed rigid body dynamics in Softimage

figmentPez

Staff member
Reactions
3,413 634 7
Adorable Hippo: The T-Shirt. Yay or nay? I'm seriously tempted to set up a kickstarter to try making this happen.
I even know a small market for it. Tara Crawford, co-host of What the Fuck is Wrong With You Live, is crazy about hippos, and I think her fans might have grown to like them too. Offer to send her a free shirt if she'll mention you on the show.

Reactions
91 46 0
Very, very rough baby dragon sketch. Mainly because I kept putting off today until I was running out of time.

Dilbert Pinkerton coming tomorrow!

Reactions
91 46 0
Starting random comics!

The worst part is, that teasing jerk never did call me.

Reactions
91 46 0
Made this for Project Wonderful, gonna build some other sized banners as well. Hoping to get onto the Questionable Content advert zone for a few hours.

Reactions
607 260 0
I'll post it around and see if I can get any more backers. Regardless...I really want a hippo shirt and will get one anyway I can. So cute!

Reactions
91 46 0
Thank you so much, LittleKagsin!

Now at $277/$300 with 7 hours to go, meaning just two more shirts need to sell in the next 7 hours. Tension is running high!

Reactions
607 260 0
Ah, you made it!! YAY! I can't wait to get mine and take a picture for you.

And with only 40 minutes left, that was a close one. :)

Well, I don't think that's going to be topped. Best to quit now while you're on top.

You know what? Chop your hands off, this is your artistic masterpiece.

Can I just let my avatar be my response?

I'ma let my avatar be my response.

...Stop reading.

<-- look over there. That's my response. Kay?

Good.

Reactions
91 46 0
No comic today, just a 3D hand I spent several hours trying to give sub dermal lighting. Trying to make it more fleshy and less waxy.

Reactions
8 0 0
nice! with the headshape being a touch large and the hips not totally developed, this looks more like a teen/young adult body type. Which is really tough to pull off.

Reactions
91 46 0
Been drawing illustrations for a friend's prototype card game, so I can't share them until he starts promoting it. Incidentally I am way behind on draw-every-day =/

However... HIPPO SHIRTS.

Reactions
91 46 0
Some sketch requests from Kickstarter I've already sent out:

"octopus!!!!"

"A red fox please. Yay!"

"Peacock"

"A red panda (it is different animal from a regular panda bear!)"

"Ideal: a robotic version of ET with a glowing finger. Barring that, a Giraffe."

Reactions
607 260 0
Got my hippo shirt yesterday!! YAY!! I'll take a picture when I get home. Also, my sketch got here safe and sound, thank you thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.