[Drawing] David's Thing-a-Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry it's taken me so long...but, hippo pictures!!

And the cutest sketch ever!!

Thank you so much again! And I'm so glad this worked out for you.

I wanna start making a new 3D object start to finish every week, started with a cup.

cup.1.jpg

I'll be ustreaming the process each week:
http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/21314797

No audio this week because I tried with audio first and it sucked. I'll maybe try it next time. Hard to narrate what I'm doing as I'm doing it

Some commentary on the last one, which I uploaded in a rush as I was exiting the computer lab before spring break:

Was trying to make a wine glass rendered with an HDRI light map. I'm not horribly happy with the base of it, though. I'm not sure what's up with the fuzziness around the edges of it, either. The rim of the glass doesn't seem to have it nearly as bad.

I kinda want to start playing my bass and we can have a little beginner band!

...except I don't know chords or anything, I just randomly slap strings until good sounds fill my earholes..

I kinda want to start playing my bass and we can have a little beginner band!

...except I don't know chords or anything, I just randomly slap strings until good sounds fill my earholes..
Only if we get to travel the world in our van with our talking pet, using the power of music to fight crime, solve mysteries and teach people to love if you know what I'm sayin'.

Seriously though, it would be awesome if other people started doing this too.

Didn't record practice today cause I got a cold hit me and I didn't want to record myself all gross and coughy and sniffly. Hopefully will get the next video up tomorrow.

I'll have to figure out some way of recording myself.. but I think I'll be joining you in recording my progress. I wont be teaching myself though.. just jammin... You have inspired me to put myself out there!

Been too long since I uploaded something new. Here are some screenshots of my final texturing project for my Photoshop for Animators class.

terry_texturing_screencap.jpg terry_texturing_screencap2.jpg
terry_texturing_screencap3.jpgterry_texturing_screencap4.jpg

Definately not perfect, but learned a lot from doing it. I want to spend some time working on something more portfolio-worthy.

Did anyone terribly care about the guitar videos? I fell out of it after I got a cold and couldn't record without sniffling/coughing through the whole video. Still practicing every day, occasionally on the Vent chat. Debating whether I should bother recording.

I think it's a fun idea, but recording every day seems like overkill. Unless you have a sudden jump (which will probably happen), I'd say recording every week or two makes more sense, if you want to continue doing it.

Just found an old sketchbook with a drawing I did... geeze, more than two years ago now? I don't think I've ever posted it.

Photo Jun 21, 3 35 57 PM.jpg

I was starting to get damn good at cartoon hands back then... why have I been letting that atrophy?

I must confess that I had a habit of throwing away old drawings that I didn't like anymore when I was younger. I wish I still had the pages from the sketchbook I used in elementary school instead of tearing them all out.

Cajungal

Staff member
It's funny because PAIN! :D

...... every time I come here I get super jealous of that damn hippo shirt.

Status
Not open for further replies.