[Informational] Dave's Quest for History

I don't know. The reason for this is because I haven't said anything to the brother - yet - and the cousin has basically cut off contact. But that's the $25,000 question.
Now wondering if this is why the cousin cut off contact. Maybe knew something the others didn't. At the very least, your cousin is much more discomforted by all this than your siblings, who seem to have made peace with Dick's life events.

Dave

Staff member
The joke has been made.[DOUBLEPOST=1481653638,1481653574][/DOUBLEPOST]
Now wondering if this is why the cousin cut off contact.
Nah, he thought I was being pushy. He was supposed to call me on a Monday and then didn't. I waited until the following Monday and sent him a message. He didn't like that because I was supposed to wait for him to email me.

The joke has been made.[DOUBLEPOST=1481653638,1481653574][/DOUBLEPOST]

Nah, he thought I was being pushy. He was supposed to call me on a Monday and then didn't. I waited until the following Monday and sent him a message. He didn't like that because I was supposed to wait for him to email me.

Jeez what a little crybaby bitch.

Dave

Staff member
Been a while since I've updated this. Mainly because not much has happened. Rick (brother?) has had the paternity test to give to Dick (dad?) since about Christmas and just today took it over to him. So I did mine and after Rick sends me the code (because we're in separate states, we have to get a case number from the lab and write it on both tests so they know WHO to test it against) I'll mail it off. After the lab gets it, they say it'll take about 2 days. So it's conceivable that I will know by the end of this week if Dick is my father or if I get to ruin Ken's (cousin) day.

Dave

Staff member
Got the paternity test in the mail from Rick (brother?) with DNA from both he and Dick (father?). Overnighted it to the lab. Should have results by Friday or Monday at the latest if their claims of 1-2 days is correct.

fade

Staff member
"Hey Steve, come check out this DNA! This guy's so old his X chromosomes are pronounced 'chi'!"

Dave

Staff member
I really want to tell people on Facebook, but I promised MY BROTHER, Rick, that I'd let him find out instead of me telling him.

Dave

Staff member
Nice, Dave. Glad you found closure!
Now on to the mother! Dick says he doesn't remember her so I'll probably have to go the DNA route again. I have a couple interesting leads, but these are tenuous at best so I might not ever find out.

Wait so your positive test confirms that someone else is not a biological kid right?[DOUBLEPOST=1484670610,1484670278][/DOUBLEPOST]Also. No Maury dance for Dick.

Dave

Staff member
Wait so your positive test confirms that someone else is not a biological kid right?
Yes. Son Steve and I do NOT match on Ancestry DNA. So he needs to get a paternity test done as Dick is probably NOT his dad. Or the Ancestry DNA screwed up. But the first one is probably more likely.

Yes. Son Steve and I do NOT match on Ancestry DNA. So he needs to get a paternity test done as Dick is probably NOT his dad. Or the Ancestry DNA screwed up. But the first one is probably more likely.
Sorry if I missed it, but was he ok with that possibility? That'd be a crazy thing to learn after so long.

Dave

Staff member
Sorry if I missed it, but was he ok with that possibility? That'd be a crazy thing to learn after so long.
At this point only Rick, Steve's son Aaron, and I know this. So it's going to be a complete surprise. It's not my place to tell him, though. Rick or Aaron will tell him.

So, Dick gets a double Maury whammy. He IS/IS NOT the father.

I think he's allowed to do a half breakdance move at this point.

Dave

Staff member
Rick is waiting to see how HIS DNA test goes. He wants to see if he matches with Steve. They'd still be brothers, but would have different fathers.