Coronavirus Thread

I can't believe I said I was tired of all the constant corona virus non stop reporting.

Monkeys Paw granted that wish in the most fun way!

"Dentist goes insane burns down three houses disguises himself as police officer (including car) and murders multiple people leading up to a Province wide man hunt stretching 90 km that ends in our back yard."

Unfortunately, being on the right side means having to be the bigger man. Because healthcare is and should be treated as a basic right, one that even these morons should receive.
Nah, drop a bomb on them (and find some other way to take out the billionaires funding this).

And before you say "why shouldn't this be done to people protesting not-insanely stupid things, and who are you to decide blahblahblah" its because I'm smarter and better than everyone else. End of discussion.

They're this generation's brownshirts, and since covering them adds shareholder value, they'll get far more attention than they deserve.

Nuke us from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

figmentPez

Staff member
So, apparently, conservative talk radio host Michael Berry says that he'd be willing to wear a mask, in between hot dog bites and beer sips, and sit with every other seat occupied in order to get public events like sports going again.

:facepalm:

So, apparently, conservative talk radio host Michael Berry says that he'd be willing to wear a mask, in between hot dog bites and beer sips, and sit with every other seat occupied in order to get public events like sports going again.

:facepalm:
A facepalm rating would really come in handy sometimes

We have about 1700 cases across the entire province at this point and are still only potentially thinking of EASING some restrictions in two weeks, and even then, I doubt that's going to happen.

Last edited:

figmentPez

Staff member
I'm going to take issue with this. Salon is saying hospitals are laying off staff because the pandemic is straining the economy and they can't afford to pay for all the costs that fighting the pandemic is incurring. Workers in busy hospitals are getting laid off because the hospitals are running out of money fighting a disease that isn't a money-maker.

Conservative Twitter is saying that doctors and nurses are sitting idle, and are getting laid off because hospitals have no work to do.

Could post either here or in the Energy thread, either one works.

I'd like to see the climate numbers for March and April of this year compared to previous. What effect have quarantines and Remain Indoors orders had on global temperatures and such?

Could post either here or in the Energy thread, either one works.

I'd like to see the climate numbers for March and April of this year compared to previous. What effect have quarantines and Remain Indoors orders had on global temperatures and such?
There's a huge impact on air quality, smog, and all that. I'm not sure the change will be noticeable on global temperature and such, it's too short to have a big climate impact I think.

I didn't know Georgia copied the Brownback method of governance. To clarify, kansas went for the ultimate in "no taxing, no spending." Their economy tanked and they ran up massive amounts of debt. The one bright side is that they now have a democratic governor. Repubicans are a literal cancer on society.