[NCAAF] College Football 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
The season is officially UNDERWAY! Okay, it actually won't start for MY alma mater for another (looks at clock) 34 minutes, but hey, time's worth waiting when you're getting ready to defend your National Championship - for the second straight time!

That being said: What's everyone's take on the big boys of BCS-land this year? And who's got confidence in their smaller-college team doing well this year?

WVU doesn't need a special session of the state legislature to get the games it wants *cough*Marshall sucks*cough*. So tomorrow's game will be the end of that sorry episode.

B

BErt

If Michigan finds a way to beat Alabama tomorrow, I'm not going to wear pants for a week.

That is not a threat, I promise, but it is a fact...

Warhawks defeat Washington U, 34-0, and that was in less than ideal conditions down in Saint Louis. I saw the video - a couple of punts and kicks got knocked down by the rain. It was amazing that the score was as one-sided as it was (though the Hawks were up 20-0 at the half).

By the way, WUSTL? Your stadium might be all historic and everything, as the site of the 1904 Olympics, but it absolutely SUCKS as a football field.

Well, after an entire off-season of hype surrounding our new coach, the fact that he was bringing a new offense, his 10 straight bowl appearances, how much the team had pulled together behind him, how much they all loved his leadership... WSU still sucks giant donkey balls. Of course, his first error was playing Tuel at starting QB. He's shit, has been for the past 3 years. We've been lucky so far because he always manages to get hurt; hopefully Leach will just not play him without us having to wait for a serious injury. Stupid game was over after the first drive. Tuel throws an interception and... he's too depressed the rest of the game to do jack shit.

Gonna be an interesting year for Mizzou. First year in the SEC. I think we're gonna be more competitive than most seem to think. Like, I'm not expecting an SEC championship (though it'd be nice) but I think we'll be a middle of the pack team in the conference.

Gonna be an interesting year for Mizzou. First year in the SEC. I think we're gonna be more competitive than most seem to think. Like, I'm not expecting an SEC championship (though it'd be nice) but I think we'll be a middle of the pack team in the conference.
Yay, another Mizzou fan!

I have a derby bout in Jeff City at 5, so I'm probably going to miss the first half of the game, but I'm hoping to make it back and hit the bars for the second half so I can watch my Tigers. Otherwise, I'll just have to engage in post-game festivities.

I think we're going to surprise everyone too. Our last few seasons have been pretty solid, and I think Franklin is going to come into his own this year.

For winning 62-10 Franklin played like garbage. Also, the center doesn't seem to know how to snap the ball. Georgia is gonna eat us alive if we play like that next week.

Dave

Staff member
Iowa wins 18-17 over...*gulp*...Northern Illinois. It's gonna be a long year if this is any indication.

Ok, its close enough to the game that I'm being taken over by irrational optimism. 62-10? We gotta win by more than that!!!

As a South Carolina Gamecocks fan, I was worried with our 17-13 win against Vanderbilt. However, the 48-10 win vs East Carolina today has me a lot happier.

Also, Texas A&M, as much as I root for you otherwise, welcome to the SEC.

Mizzou, you guys are looking pretty good so far, keep it up and please beat Georgia! :D

And numbers 13, 16, and 18 all fell today, to the Pac 12. The dawgs, on the other hand, had no chance against LSU. And my team barely managed to beat an itty bitty FCS team. But hey, they won a game... that's something.

Okay, I know there were some serious storms that wandered through Madison Saturday, but was THAT the reason for the 10-7 final?

I will probably, most likely, never post in the sports section again..

But! I can't help but say a quick 'YAY!' to my baby Utah State for beating University of Utah on Friday! It's something they haven't done in years (I think like 20 +) and I'm proud of them, especially compared to their horrible season last year.

And a quick random shout out to my brother, who has the most brightly colored shoes on the planet. (If you watch any video from the end of the game and you see a man with bright yellow shoes near the endzone - that would be him.)

Dave

Staff member
My week in football would have been perfect had Iowa won. Dallas beat the Giants and the hucking Fuskers lost to UCLA.

That's funny, because the only GOOD thing about my weekend was that my true alma mater extended its NCAA D3 winning streak in football over Buffalo State on Saturday.

My school is #2 in the FCS. We'll likely get bumped from the top 10 after playing Baylor next week. I guess we need the money more than we need the ranking. But the good side is that the championship will be decided by the playoffs, so hopefully we'll make it in again.

We don't play teams in D1. It'd expose us for what we are - the home of the players that didn't/couldn't attend UW or another Big Ten school.

I figured you'd be bad, but I've always thought you'd be able to hold your own against the dredge of D1. Do you think thats not the case?

I wouldn't want to see it. The only teams UWW could possibly contend with would be lesser FCS teams, but even then it might be dicey. Our biggest problem would be travel for pretty much any DI school that wasn't in the Big 10 or Big 12.

I also don't hear much of D3 teams playing D1 teams. Usually D1 squads only go within division or down one step to D2.

I don't think they ever do either. I've never heard of a 1-A school going to division 2. Its just more of a hypothetical. I just know whitewater is so far and away the best in D3 (other than Mount Union) that it'd be interesting to see.

...Welp, that sucked.

#### it, Blotsfan, why didn't you TELL me that Buffalo State was THAT good?

Wait a minute - who am I kidding? That was just a fluke game. I mean, losing 7-6? What happened, was the field at Perkins Stadium left uncovered after the last rainstorm we had?

Wait you lost to buff state? Wow.

Well mizzou won because Arizona state played even shittier than us. Not gonna complain

And what's up with that nickname? The BENGALS???? :facepalm:

At least Bucky pulled one out of their posterior. Though to be honest, they didn't deserve to win that game against Utah State. Ugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.