Christmas 2015

Ok, silly question: I'm trying to find a Christmas song, and it's a fairly well-known one, but I can't remember title or anything. It starts off fairly quietly with just - I think - a flute, and builds up canon-wise with more and more instruments 'till eventually an electric guitar comes in as well. I think it's completely instrumental. Also fairly sure it's an American song, which is why it isn't as well known over here...Anyone care to remind me? Sorry :oops:
FINALLY figured out what it was. Mike Oldfield's version of In Dulce Jubilo. Which I still really like and really fits the description, btw.

fade

Staff member
I always get post-Christmas blues. It's like, "HERE, have lots of fun and goodwill for a few weeks! Okay now suddenly stop!"

I always get post-Christmas blues. It's like, "HERE, have lots of fun and goodwill for a few weeks! Okay now suddenly stop!"
I have a theory that the longer the buildup to Xmas lasts, the longer the hangover from NYE will be.

--Patrick

Cajungal

Staff member
I get to go to my favorite food truck today, because I got some money from my aunt! I am happy dancing in the name of shrimp tacos!

My Christmas tree is sad and crunchy, I'm back at work grading papers, and I feel as fat as a walrus (I could also use a lip wax, incidentally). But I'm still riding high from all the holiday fun.

Yeah, late I know, but finally got around to importing all my photos, so now I finally get to post pics of the Christmas Eve spread:
IMG_1938.jpg

From the glass plate on the left, going clockwise spiral along the outermost edge:
Deviled eggs w/ tuna & capers, red & green pepperoncini, mixed cured meats (mortadella, prosciutto, capricola, salame), crackers&breadsticks&toasts, goat cheese w/ lemon&herb spread, herbed olive oil for dipping, baguette slices, shrimp cocktail on ice, mixed cheeses (gorgonzola, italian truffle cheese, toscano w/ black pepper, asiago w/ rosemary), crostini w/ bean paste & grilled polenta triangles w/ yogurt cheese and tomato/olive topping, mixed olives & marinated mushrooms & giardiniera & prosciutto and goat cheese roulades, lemon and rosemary seasoned roasted hazelnuts, more bean paste and tomato/olive topped crostini, candy tray with fudge & window pane cinnamon candies & cashew and lemonhead white chocolate bark, cookie tray of various yummy cookies, gingerbread tree, parmesan stuffed dates, and another delicious cookie tray.
IMG_1936.jpg

From L to R: Mulled cider, arroncini bites, pizzatinis*, parmesan puff pastry pups, Moscato d'asti, Prosecco, and sparkling white grape juice for the kiddies. The herbed olive oil makes a repeat appearance from the other picture.

--Patrick
*They weren't actually pizzas, but what else are you going to call toasted cheese-covered dough?