Choose That Hobby!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, guys! I'm looking for some kind of hobby to do in my downtime. I've mastered knitting and crocheting, as well as cross stitch. I'm looking for something else to do!

I would like to start quilting, but the start up costs SEEM expensive. I'm really good at doodling AND learning from the internet.

What say you, halforum?

Cooking is O.K., but I don't like doing it every day. But when I find a new recipe I am dying to try, it becomes fun again!

But not feeling too inspired to really dive further into cooking.

Cajungal

Staff member
Learn the ukulele!!! ^_^

Draw your own adventure comics!

Make homemade greeting cards for friends and family!

I've done all of these, and they're all super fun. And you can find a decent enough ukulele for under 100$. ;D

M

makare

do you like cute things? pixel art is fun.. and inane.

the whole thing is excruciatingly girly but i Like it.

I had a site but it is down.

here is a big site. http://hushstar.net/lou/

C

Chazwozel

Hey, guys! I'm looking for some kind of hobby to do in my downtime. I've mastered knitting and crocheting, as well as cross stitch. I'm looking for something else to do!

I would like to start quilting, but the start up costs SEEM expensive. I'm really good at doodling AND learning from the internet.

What say you, halforum?
Masturbation. It can be free. It can be as expensive and outlandish as your little heart desires.

I hear naked skydiving while masturbating is a blast.

Quiltings not really that expensive. You can easily combine it with your internet skills and find nice deals on fat quarters and jelly rolls.

You could also try beading.

Or Scotch.

North_Ranger

Staff member
Archery.
Swordfighting.
Bowling.

What? Don't look at me like that. I tried bowling for the first time in my life last weekend (big sis's Big 4-0, don't ask) - and I didn't suck as badly as I had feared.

L

Lally

Quiltings not really that expensive. You can easily combine it with your internet skills and find nice deals on fat quarters and jelly rolls.

You could also try beading.

Or Scotch.
Agreed on both quilting and beading (and, well, Scotch too for that matter). My mom is teaching me how to quilt and I am already huge into beading. Quilting isn't as expensive as you would think, plus if you are good at it you can make some money on Etsy (beading too, for that matter, but I have found the market is more saturated, so I just do it for fun).

C

Chazwozel

I hear being a hobo is fun. Riding from town to town in boxcars. Sleeping in train stations, libraries, and ally ways. Eating cans of beans.

T

Twitch

Somewhere right now Wallace Shawn is ears-deep in cleavage just giggling his head off... and I am at the bead shop.

I would keep a journal, but my life is really boring. I have TONS of journals/diaries I have started and only got two pages in.

I've been turning 8 bit sprites into patterns in MSpaint and paper to use in farmville... but I can only do so much.

Since I like tedious things, I like beading. Still have my whole set of beads! Lemme see what I can dig up!

Cajungal

Staff member
My life's boring, too. But I like describing things I see every day and the weird, nonsequiter conversations I hear.

C

Cuyval Dar

I tend to favor receiving buttsecks while skydiving over Mexico.

Status
Not open for further replies.