[Movies] Captain America: The Winter Soldier

As a huge Cap fan, this was basically as good as it's going to get for me. Have seen it 4 times now, still good. I could watch the

take down of the airship on the bridge and the subsequent landing and musical cue
many times.

The girl I was with when I watched it the first time was looking at me during that part knowing how big a fan I am and all she said afterwards was "It was like watching someone open Christmas presents."

You know the more I think about it, the more I feel Iron Man kind of gets the shaft when it comes to the stakes in his solo movies. Captain America fights possibly world ending super-organizations, Thor fights universe ending demi-gods...

Iron Man beats up three guys that want to revenge murder him.

You know the more I think about it, the more I feel Iron Man kind of gets the shaft when it comes to the stakes in his solo movies. Captain America fights possibly world ending super-organizations, Thor fights universe ending demi-gods...

Yeah I was SERIOUSLY hoping for a Mandarin in pt2 with a credit scene hinting at a Fin Fang Foom in pt3.

Yeah I was SERIOUSLY hoping for a Mandarin in pt2 with a credit scene hinting at a Fin Fang Foom in pt3.
Watch the Marvel One-Shot on the Thor 2 Blu-ray.

In Avengers 2, I'm hoping to see sidekicks in the climactic battle. Winter Soldier, Falcon, War Machine, Lady Sif and the Warriors Three, the WORKS.

Watch the Marvel One-Shot on the Thor 2 Blu-ray.

In Avengers 2, I'm hoping to see sidekicks in the climactic battle. Winter Soldier, Falcon, War Machine, Lady Sif and the Warriors Three, the WORKS.
That sounds more likely for the third movie.

Part of me wonders if the GOTG will have a cameo in Avengers 2, even if just a small one at the end or something. Otherwise GOTG will be the first of the Marvel Cinematic Universe that didn't have a larger crossover with the other movies.

Well, at least some of them are the sorts of Merchants of Death that would create wars in order to sell weapons, so there's some larger stakes there. Still you're right, much like Cap fights evil soldiers (which are parts of evil armies), Thor fights evil god-like beings, and Spider-man fights superpowered animal themed dudes, (none of those statements are meant to be absolutely true mind you, but there's a general theme for each there) Iron Man's villains are often evil reflections, which means they're just corporate jerks with very low morals.[DOUBLEPOST=1397528250,1397528196][/DOUBLEPOST]
Part of me wonders if the GOTG will have a cameo in Avengers 2, even if just a small one at the end or something. Otherwise GOTG will be the first of the Marvel Cinematic Universe that didn't have a larger crossover with the other movies.
Probably depends on how exactly Thanos ties their respective parts of the MCU together.

Yeah, this has been my major gripe with all 3 IM movies. The first he fights in a half-functional suit, so most of the fight is him getting ragdolled all over the place.

2 has him and WM just kind of standing around firing missiles at robots.

3 is probably the closest they've come to real solid action, but even then it was still a lot of Stark running around in half-broken suits. I wish they'd gone with the comic version of Extremis and given him the uplink/control abilities over the suit.

Not sure if this has been brought up but:
Chris Evans has a 6 movie contract with Marvel. 4 of those have been done (Avengers 1,2/Cap1,2)
Sebastian Stan has a 9 movie contract with Marvel. Only 2 of those have been done (Cap1,2)
Comic book fans know that Bucky/Winter Soldier takes over for Cap after his death. (His death is pretty much eminent with his Sharon Carter relationship starting up)

Think we'll see Evans die as Cap in Cap 3 and Sebastian take over? I can see that.

Not sure if this has been brought up but:
Chris Evans has a 6 movie contract with Marvel. 4 of those have been done (Avengers 1,2/Cap1,2)
Sebastian Stan has a 9 movie contract with Marvel. Only 2 of those have been done (Cap1,2)
Comic book fans know that Bucky/Winter Soldier takes over for Cap after his death. (His death is pretty much eminent with his Sharon Carter relationship starting up)

Think we'll see Evans die as Cap in Cap 3 and Sebastian take over? I can see that.
Brock Rumlow, the agent that worked with Cap early on in the movie and later
turned out to be HYDRA, is Crossbones' real name. If I remember right, he's the one that put a bullet in Cap. He also survives Cap 2, as he can be seen being put in an ambulance with severe burns at the end of the movie. So, I'd say it's totally possible that Cap gets shot in the third movie.

I think it happening in Cap3 is a bit premature. Considering Evan's has two movies left, it's likely he will carry on for a Cap3 and then, if they do decide to kill him off, do it in Avengers 3 as the penultimate reason the rest of the team are going to "Avenge".

I think it happening in Cap3 is a bit premature. Considering Evan's has two movies left, it's likely he will carry on for a Cap3 and then, if they do decide to kill him off, do it in Avengers 3 as the penultimate reason the rest of the team are going to "Avenge".
Avengers 3 will be Civil War... it'll be Captain America Vs Iron Man, until both realize they've been manipulated. Then they'll kill Cap.

Then Chris Evans will decide if he wants to make more money or not.

Then Chris Evans will decide if he wants to make more money or not.
Yeah, I get really dubious when an actor says they are "retiring" from acting (which is what Evens has said, he wants to direct). I bet you see him direct a movie or two but then those big paychecks come calling and he's starring in "The Avengers 17: One of these guys was in the first movie!"

I said it before in the original Avengers discussion, but I would love to see him defeat a minor villain with delicious fruit pies.

So, I'm going to see the movie this weekend. This has been the most spoilered movie ever for me :p

Between being a fan of the comic (making the winter soldier reveal a non-suprise), and watching Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. I didn't realize that the main story arch of the season would culminate in being in tandem with the movie. I also made the mistake of opening this thread up, spoiling the Arnim Zola thing, which in concert with watching Agents of Shield pretty much tells me the exact plot of the movie.

Well, I think I'll still enjoy the movie anyway.

I really like The Falcon. Especially when he opens the door to cap and black widow and is just

"Hey cap, what's up?"

Just saw this today. Loved it. Dug the interaction between Cap/Falcon/Black Widow. Hell, all the characters were fun to watch.

Even though I know little about the comic universe,
I still picked out Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver
during the first after credits scene. Go me!

So, is there anything super duper awesome after the final role of credits, my best friend won't let us stick around for those.[DOUBLEPOST=1398029481,1398029427][/DOUBLEPOST]As for the movie itself, I still enjoyed it immensely even after having the bulk of the movie spoiled by Agents of SHIELD.

Bowielee

It's Bucky walking through the Capt. America exhibit, well really standing and staring. I personally think that he's trying to put his memories back to the "real" world.

Eh, I'll catch it on the Blu Ray.

When we went to see Thor:TDW, he bitched through half the credits and was pissed when the last scene was really not important to see.

Eh, I'll catch it on the Blu Ray.

When we went to see Thor:TDW, he bitched through half the credits and was pissed when the last scene was really not important to see.
What does he do that his time is so valuable that 3 minutes of credits are dragging away from him? I'd tell him he could go ahead and head out while I waited for the credits to end. Important scene or not.