[Movies] Captain America: The Winter Soldier

He's a hand-to-hand combatant who can fly by using a hardness/wings and has a telepathic bond to an actual falcon.

Not to mention the Falcon looks dumb as hell and I can only imagine what he will look like on film.
I automatically assumed he's going to get a huge makeover for the film. There's no way they're going with his cheesy look from the comics. It just wouldn't work on film.

Probably not. Not to mention the Falcon looks dumb as hell and I can only imagine what he will look like on film.
Dude Redwing's a badass, and Sam Wilson can kick butt as well. Out of all of Cap's sidekicks he is in my top 3 :awesome:. Also Falcon has one of the best costumes in comics, and it never gets any respect which is a shame. Of course until Tim Drake starts wearing it and suddenly people are like "OMG Red Robin's costume is so cool" utter bullshit is what that is. </rant>

Still looks pretty silly. I'm sure he's getting a major redesign for live action though. Look for lots of black leather.
I hope they redesign Caps costume as well. The Avengers version was... pretty bad. His personal movie version was way, WAY better.

Ultimate Universe Falcon:
Ultimate-Falcon.jpg (This is a thumbnail to a larger image. I found it was too large to post directly)
detail.jpg

406px-Ultimate_falcon.jpg

Cool! I dig The Falcon. I imagine that they're going to pull from his Ultimate incarnation (much like they did with Hawkeye) where he's a SHIELD agent, as opposed to him being a gangster who was brainwashed by the Red Skull into becoming a non-powered do-gooder who received a pair of jetpack wings from Black Panther. Comics were weirder in 70's

Probably not. Not to mention the Falcon looks dumb as hell and I can only imagine what he will look like on film.
I dunno, they didn't seem to care if Captain America would look dumb as hell in Avengers (his own movie's costume was faaaaaaaar better looking onscreen).

I dunno, they didn't seem to care if Captain America would look dumb as hell in Avengers (his own movie's costume was faaaaaaaar better looking onscreen).
He did look dumb in the avengers. If you had more than a few minutes to really see that costume when it wasn't in action it looked really bad, especially up against Iron Man's.

The ultimate version is better but still... wings... I won't be surprised if they ditch them or do something very different.

He did look dumb in the avengers. If you had more than a few minutes to really see that costume when it wasn't in action it looked really bad, especially up against Iron Man's.

The ultimate version is better but still... wings... I won't be surprised if they ditch them or do something very different.
They ditch the wings they might as well go with Rick Jones. At least that way you can have Captain Marvel in a later film.

So Anthony Mackie talked a little bit about The Falcon in an interview with Newsday:
I'm playing the Falcon. He's this guy in Harlem who moved to California and became a drug dealer. His plane crashed, and he was genetically altered, and he can fly, has telepathic powers. He's the first African-American superhero. It makes me feel all the work I've done has been paying off. I have a son, nephews and nieces, and I love the idea that they can dress up as the Falcon on Halloween. They now have someone they can idolize. That's a huge honor for me.
Huh. It doesn't sound like the direction I was expecting. Sounds like it could be slightly iffy in terms of portrayal. Then again, we don't know who the villains are in this film or what the basic plot outline is, so "wait and see" is the only reasonable course here.

So Anthony Mackie talked a little bit about The Falcon in an interview with Newsday:

Huh. It doesn't sound like the direction I was expecting. Sounds like it could be slightly iffy in terms of portrayal. Then again, we don't know who the villains are in this film or what the basic plot outline is, so "wait and see" is the only reasonable course here.
I know the screenwriters at an earlier point in time talked about possibly using MODOK as the villain for a second Captain America film (with their dream casting being Peter Dinklage as MODOK). Perhaps AIM finds Bucky's body kept in cryogenic freeze?

I know the screenwriters at an earlier point in time talked about possibly using MODOK as the villain for a second Captain America film (with their dream casting being Peter Dinklage as MODOK). Perhaps AIM finds Bucky's body kept in cryogenic freeze?
Hmmm, that seems possible. AIM was a Hydra off-shoot in the comics, perhaps movie-verse AIM is Hydra's distanced-from-Hitler successor? And I would not put it past Marvel to use AIM in multiple films.
Seeing as they're already going to be in Iron Man 3, apparently:

My thought on The Falcon is that he's either going to start off serving (knowingly or not) whoever pulling Winter Soldier's strings, or he'll just be a SHIELD agent with a checkered past.

AintItCoolNews has an interview with Anthony Mackie that confirms some aspects of the character:
AM: I will have wings. I will be able to fly. I will be a superhero and fight people, namely The Winter Soldier.

The movie apparently has its female lead. The producers are in talks with Revenge's Emily VanCamp who, presumably will be playing Sharon Carter. Scarlett Johansson is also said to appear as the Black Widow. (via Deadline)

What if you gave him a mustache and bowler?
I had that thought, but I just can't see him as Dum Dum Dugan.

Well, I suppose if he's playing the older version of the Dum Dum Dugan the first Cap movie, maybe, but won't he be in at least his 90s?

He's just about 80 himself. Yeah, he's a little young to be Dugan, but as the years keep going, everyone is.

They might make him an old version of Dugan, who's in great shape for his age due to some SHIELD tech or something along those lines. It's a stretch, but it might work. If not, he's just going to be a generic high-ranking leader.

That's pretty rad, if anything he'd be like the goofy intro villain that shows Cap being bad-ass.

LEAP!