[Movies] Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Yes, the period when he stopped being Captain America...
Yeah, because Bucky was CA at the time. I don't mind them changing it up. Just as long as they don't go with the Nomad costume, I'm fine :p

For those unfamiliar:
2120593-steve_rogers_the_nomad.png

Yes, Steve Rogers actually wore this costume.

Well, that looks pretty awesome. Very different feel from the first one, but then, that's to be expected. This feels like a Bourne movie, but on a superhero scale. And I'm okay with that.

Perfect way they could go with it. I couldn't see Captain America just sort of doing his own thing after the Avengers, since he does not really have a place to be like Thor, Tony, or Bruce. Making him a member of SHIELD was a good move because it gives him a purpose and allows the cameos from other characters like Black Widow. Also like the whole freedom versus security thing they are going with.

Also... the guy most famous for using a shield as a member of SHIELD I find hilarious.

This also could be hand waved to explain why Fury gave Coulson his own globetrotting team for AoS. If Captain America is always around doing the heavy lifting for Fury, then they can't have Coulson chilling out nearby. Such a showing of manipulation (whether he is the real Coulson or not) would push Cap out of Sheild faster then he could throw his shield.

For a moment there I thought Robert Redford's playing Nick Fury Sr.

Anyway, looks good, I'm interested in seeing it.

I'm wondering how they'll retool Winter Soldier. He's no longer a Soviet special agent.
It seems a little soon to rule out any time as a Soviet Agent. They could keep that and have him (at the point in time of the film) serving as part of some shady mercenary group, perhaps the same one that has Crossbones and Batroc the Leaper (who are both going to be in this film).

For a moment there I thought Robert Redford's playing Nick Fury Sr.

Unfortunately that ship sailed when they didn't use him in Cap 1, and just had teh Howling Commandos without him. Was it really that hard to just make a mention of him hooking up with Gabriel Jones' sister at the end... Sam J is the right age even...

Batroc the Leaper
YAY.... glad they're using so much of Brubaker's run...

Fuckin' BATROC ZE LEAPER! LEAP! I think it's hilarious that GSP is going to be in a Marvel movie playing one of the goofiest villains.

I wonder if they got him to speak French like someone from Marseille, or at least France.

I love GSP, he's my favorite MMA fighter by far, he's the classiest dude out there...but he's got the strongest Quebecois accent I've ever heard in a public figure.