Bring out Gifs!

And yet Airbus thinks that's not important enough for AIRPLANES.
Well if their airplanes crash due to lack of redundant controls that can be used in case of a loss of power, their customers can just use a different airline the next time. The invisible hand of the market will decide.

GasBandit

Staff member
Well if their airplanes crash due to lack of redundant controls that can be used in case of a loss of power, their customers can just use a different airline the next time. The invisible hand of the market will decide.
... that's completely irrelevant to the discussion at hand.

And yet Airbus thinks that's not important enough for AIRPLANES.
The smallest moving air surface on the 747 is too large for a puny human to move when not under the influence of 500mph wind, nevermind the fact that it's a few football field lengths away from the pilot in the tail where a mechanical linkage would experience so much stretch and backlash as to be almost useless.

The airline industry has very comprehensive and strict regulation on all designs, software, etc where they have to hire independent companies to verify they meet the requirements of each class depending on how a failure in that class would affect the plane. For instance, there are three redundant hydraulic systems on each control surface because failure could cause loss of life. The standards for in flight entertainment are surprisingly strict because a failure could cause increased workload for the flight crew, which affects their response times to other critical system failures.

GasBandit

Staff member
We've all known some dumbass like this. But no, MARIJUANA is more dangerous and immoral and must be kept illegal, right?

Kangaroos usually prefer to jump-kick rather than punch, don't they?
If so, I wonder whether its stunned expression isn't one of, "...how come *I've* never thought of doing that?"

--Patrick

GasBandit

Staff member
Earlier this week, my "Classic Rock" station played Foo Fighters right up against Hendrix. I was all "that... that can't be right."

Apparently someone on Imgur lives in my town, I guess, because -

(or they could just be listening to one of the 500 or so identical stations nationwide that use the same format/programming company to pick their music)

Be prepared to feel really old, but....well, yeah, I consider the Foo Fighters classic rock. They're over 20 years old, they're what I grew up with, all that jazz.

I guess if the Foo Fighters can be considered classic rock, I shouldn't complain when our station plays Nirvana, Pearl Jam and STP.

(It's not rock, dammit, it's Grunge! Youth! Yooooooooouth!)

GasBandit

Staff member
I guess if the Foo Fighters can be considered classic rock, I shouldn't complain when our station plays Nirvana, Pearl Jam and STP.

(It's not rock, dammit, it's Grunge! Youth! Yooooooooouth!)
Yep, we play that too. Maybe not so much Nirvana, but I know I've heard the other two.