Bring out Gifs!

GasBandit

Staff member
Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you:

The Knife-wielding tentacle.

If anyone is brave enough to try to turn it off, they are welcome to do so.

GasBandit

Staff member
Hard to think of something more butt-clenching than needing to squeegee off the inside of your windshield at 150+ MPH because of bad visibility.

cantseeshitcaptain.jpg

None of you can ever complain about Prometheus ever again:

Fuck you, I'm still gonna call that movie out on all it's stupid shit.

Also, unlike having literally miles of open space to either side, the guy had a wall to one side, and the tree was falling at an angle, not in a straight line.

figmentPez

Staff member
Fuck you, I'm still gonna call that movie out on all it's stupid shit.

Also, unlike having literally miles of open space to either side, the guy had a wall to one side, and the tree was falling at an angle, not in a straight line.
Also, that tree isn't just falling, it's being influenced by the machine in the background. Just because this guy got hit by a tree being... pushed over(? I'm not sure what's going on), doesn't mean that it's a good idea to run along the apparent path of a falling object. This is like saying "see, this one person got hit even when they looked both ways before crossing the street, so you shouldn't criticize people who run out into the street without looking."

EDIT:

Last edited:
So what you're saying is that he had only one entire side to run to...

And, no sorry, but "falling at an angle" isn't a thing. Yes, it moved a bit to the side, but it was still clearly falling towards a side, and he ran perpendicularly on that side... which is always the wrong move when it comes to falling stick like objects.

This is like saying "see, this one person got hit even when they looked both ways before crossing the street, so you shouldn't criticize people who run out into the street without looking."
But that's the thing, of all the dumb, annoying stuff about that film, a person panicking and not doing the smart thing when running away from something falling towards them is not unrealistic. Just like way too many people cross the street without looking ...

/can't believe you ppl took it seriously enough to make me actually defend Prometheus for realz.... [DOUBLEPOST=1513459637,1513459508][/DOUBLEPOST]
Yeah, because there was only one problem with Prometheus...