block specific image in chrome?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fade

Staff member
Is there an easy way to block a specific image in chrome? I need to hide Shegokigo's signature, because it's a little large and risque for over the shoulder potential viewing. I have adblock installed, but the options available on FF aren't there in the Chrome extension. I honestly would like to block the large HALFORUMS logo, too. I requested the minimalist theme, which is nice, but the logo is actually even more visible (being set against white) in the minimalist theme. That's fine, my problem not Dave's.

Any ideas? I'd rather not switch to FF. I don't like FF. Never have.

No, but I'd love one. I miss adblock being able to do that in FF. I had to turn off signatures for exactly this reason.

Dave

Staff member
If you like, I can always do a very minimal style type (alter this one) that automatically removes signatures and/or avatars.

Conversely, you can turn off signatures in your personal options.

Dave

Staff member
I've tested the one I linked. It's an extension that goes with AdBlocker. And it works. You can specify images to block, leaving the rest of the site untouched.

GasBandit

Staff member
Adblock plus has a chrome version. It doesn't catch video-embedded ads like the firefox version, unfortunately, but you can manually add things like sig pics.

Status
Not open for further replies.