[Movies] Avengers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love how you guys brag about how cheap movies are for you... $5 - $3 matinees. No 3D though. It freaks my friends from Houston out. They offer to pay for a group of friends, and the bill is $20. "I said 4 tickets..."
....well time to pack my bags for Houston then! Four tickets damn.

It struck me as very Buffy/Big Bad monologue, but then I liked Buffy quite a bit so it doesn't really bother me. I'm more curious to see the banter between the Avengers themselves.

The tickets at the theater I frequent aren't the cheapest at 12.50 for a regular screening and 16 for the AVX theater (which I gladly pay). Add 3 bucks to each for 3D.
I honestly got Pizza Pizza tonight, just because the pizza came with an admit 2 for one ticket for the movies, and this comes out soon. See, I plan ahead!

yeah that's what my wife does. Even then, I prefer paying 1$ for a (legitimate) dvd and watching things a little later at home. At least then you don't have to put up with the constant talking and phone conversations that are considered normal in movie theaters here (seriously, I never experienced anything like it in Canada.)
True enough. I do like the whole "Pick your seat when you buy the ticket" thing. Also I discovered I can also go to convenience stores like Lawson to buy tickets for the same price as online. I personally enjoy the theater experience when all is said and done. Although every time they want to charge me 20RMB for a bottle of water I want to punch them in the face.

Joss Whedon has officially clarified the nature of the enemy in the movie. (via ComicBookMovie)
"The alien race are the Chitauri -- or a version of them -- because they are not one of the key races and they don’t have a storied history. That wasn’t the point. I know this debate will go on long after I’m dead. I would say it was the Kree-Skrull race."

Incidentally the only "Rotten" review so far, was still 3/5, and was from a critic who has declared every Marvel film so far "Rotten". She also refers to Nick Fury as "Nick Frost", so she couldn't have been paying that much attention.
That...would have been a very interesting movie.

So far the only negative reviews seem to be a Marvel hating woman amd an obscure reviewer who admits he is fishing for hits.

If those are the only Rottens so far, I am in good spirits about this movie reaching my expectations.

Since I'm in the UK, I saw it tonight. It's freakin' AMAZING! Good script, awesome action sequences, the obligatory Stan Lee cameo, and the post-credits scene that leaves you wanting more.

But you know how Joss Whedon tends to kill off likeable characters? Yeah... well, he still needs to break that habit.

So far the only negative reviews seem to be a Marvel hating woman amd an obscure reviewer who admits he is fishing for hits.
Marvel hating woman? Ohh... you mean the woman who said she didn't like it, so now she has to deal with thousands of sweaty, angry nerds harassing her and making sexist comments about her ability to write because she DARED to touch the golden cow that was The Avengers? You know, the woman who's been getting death and rape threats over this? That one?

ElJuski

Staff member
Wow, really? Death threats? I mean, I can understand calling her bias for something like this (even if they haven't seen the fucking movie, they really have no right)...but goddamn, nerds sometime.

Yeah, that's a bit much. Anyways, back to the movie. I can definitely see myself watching it three times in theaters. It's totally worth it.

Marvel hating woman? Ohh... you mean the woman who said she didn't like it, so now she has to deal with thousands of sweaty, angry nerds harassing her and making sexist comments about her ability to write because she DARED to touch the golden cow that was The Avengers? You know, the woman who's been getting death and rape threats over this? That one?
Obviously those kinds of orverreactions are completely absurd, opinions being just that; opinions, and especially since she's actually seen it while 99% of those responses come from people who haven't, but seeing as every single review of a Marvel movie she's done she's said was "rotten" (even if she also gave it a positive score), I don't think it's unfair to look at her reviews and see "hmm, she hates marvel movies." She does.

Doesn't mean send her death threats or even insult her, nor does it necessarily mean her taste in all movies is questionable, but it does demonstrate that she isn't a fan of these types of movies.

Doesn't mean send her death threats or even insult her, nor does it necessarily mean her taste in all movies is questionable, but it does demonstrate that she isn't a fan of these types of movies.
Didn't say she was right (she's probably not). Just saying that she doesn't deserve any of what she's getting.

Didn't say she was right (she's probably not). Just saying that she doesn't deserve any of what she's getting.
I'm pretty sure no one here is arguing that she deserves it at all. I'm also pretty sure no one has made any comments similar to what you're talking about.

ElJuski

Staff member
Tress yes, Tress. Really. With complete sincerity. Absolutely this woman deserves to be berated and ridiculed because she did not like a movie that most people haven't even seen yet.

But yeah, either way. Still excited to see the movie. PLUS, we get to see the final Dark Knight Rises trailer beforehand!

Fair enough. I'm probably on a hair trigger... had to deal with an idiot who thought that kind of stuff was perfectly acceptable today.

ElJuski

Staff member
Yeah, but really, is anyone arguing for or against that? It's just funny to get into that mindset of the furious zealot: "YEAH LETS YELL AT THAT BITCH"

Status
Not open for further replies.