Avatar Month - January Edition: Superheroes and Villains

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

redapples

<- The fantastic Eddy Current by Ted Mckeever. If you've never read this book then it will enhance your life greatly to go find a copy by any means necessary. I mean it sell your kids, remortgage what ever it takes.

:paranoid: Done. Certainly didn't decide to change back to my old avatar for the hell of it yesterday. :paranoid:

fade

Staff member
I love how most of the first page is a bunch of people making the same lame joke...

...mine is technically already a superhero, but I'll change it.

O

Odie

<--- I always liked obscure heroes that did something amazing then disappear like they never were there at all.

Done. Jack Marlowe/Spartan from in his Wildcats 3.0 incarnation.

Was also thinking about Midnighter from the Authority, but Wildcats 3.0 was just brilliant. Pity that comics fans didn't warm to the idea of a philanthropic megacorporation with a superpowered CEO.

The only thing that bothers me about that Wonder Woman is the skeletal looking left arm. There's no way I'd believe that woman could bench press a sherman tank.

fade

Staff member
Oh, hey, you hold exactly the opposite opinion that I have on that. I love when a superhumanly strong alien or magical character doesn't look it. After all, it's the magic or the alien nature that gives them the strength, not muscle. A lot of ki-energy based anime actually explicitly hits that topic.

Oh, hey, you hold exactly the opposite opinion that I have on that. I love when a superhumanly strong alien or magical character doesn't look it. After all, it's the magic or the alien nature that gives them the strength, not muscle. A lot of ki-energy based anime actually explicitly hits that topic.
^
Pretty much that.

J

JCM

^
Pretty much that.[/QUOTE]She's an amazon, whose childhood was as physical as a Spartan.

It makes no sense to have a warrior that looks like Kate Moss.

Status
Not open for further replies.