Anita Dunn Hearts Brutal Dictators.

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Armadillo

Yes, this is from Glenn Beck's show. I BEG you, please ignore that and listen to this woman's words. She is the White House Communications Director, a person with direct access to the President of the United States. She's also the won who launched the "White House War on Fox News."

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fi1zg2NOCn8[/ame]

For those who can't open the link, Dunn was giving a speech to graduating high school seniors in June, and in the speech she references her "two favorite political philosophers: Mao Tse-Tung and Mother Teresa."

That's right, the White House Communications Director, again someone with DIRECT ACCESS TO THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES, greatly admires a man who, by all estimates, is responsible for the deaths of between 50 and 70 million Chinese during the Cultural Revolution and the Great Leap Forward. Imagine if a White House advisor came out and said he or she admired the political philosophy of Adolf Hitler. Well, this is ten times worse in terms of body count.

:eek:

What the frak?!

Yeah, that's more than a little disturbing. I feel like she could have made that point without Mao.

A

Armadillo

Boy, it's a good thing she didn't say Sun Tzu or you'd be pissing yourself right now.
Am I to assume from your dismissive tone that you don't have a problem with an administration official listing a dictator with a 50-70 million person body count as a source of inspiration?

Nah, I think it's a little crazy that she said that. I'm pulling your chain a little, and I'm a little not caring. We have a President who can think for himself. Those two people, Mao and Mother Teresa, couldn't be much further from each other philosophically.

I don't know about you, but I can admire someone's ideas and despise the actions they perform all at the same time.

A

Armadillo

Nah, I think it's a little crazy that she said that. I'm pulling your chain a little, and I'm a little not caring. We have a President who can think for himself. Those two people, Mao and Mother Teresa, couldn't be much further from each other philosophically.

I don't know about you, but I can admire someone's ideas and despise the actions they perform all at the same time.
Considering that Mao's ideas led directly to the shit ton of deaths, I have a hard time separating them.

As for Obama, during the campaign, he said this: "judge me by the people who surround me." I think that might be a case of "be careful what you wish for." There's an awful lot of wingnuts with some baaaaaaaaad ideas in this crew.

Considering that Mao's ideas led directly to the shit ton of deaths, I have a hard time separating them.

As for Obama, during the campaign, he said this: "judge me by the people who surround me." I think that might be a case of "be careful what you wish for." There's an awful lot of wingnuts with some baaaaaaaaad ideas in this crew.[/QUOTE]
hey, Judge him by the people who surround him, except for his childhood mentors, his longtime preacher of 20 years, and now apparently his Senior Communications director.

A

Armadillo

As for Obama, during the campaign, he said this: "judge me by the people who surround me." I think that might be a case of "be careful what you wish for." There's an awful lot of wingnuts with some baaaaaaaaad ideas in this crew.[/QUOTE]
hey, Judge him by the people who surround him, except for his childhood mentors, his longtime preacher of 20 years, and now apparently his Senior Communications director.[/QUOTE]

...and his FCC diversity czar (Mark Lloyd), and his Green Jobs czar (Van Jones), and his Information czar (Cass Sunstein), and the organization he worked for (ACORN), and...

What exactly did Acorn do as an organization again?
I'll let you know when the FBI finishes all their investigations on them.[/quote]
On the organization or individuals who apparently thought a kid that looks like he's dressed in a halloween costume is a pimp?

Edit: Can't wait for the BS voter fraud accusation.

It is, because it neglects to mention that all cases of incorrect forms are reported by ACORN as possibly fraudulent. ACORN is REQUIRED BY LAW to turn in any and all filled out forms, even if they think they are fraudulent. They are to report those forms as suspicious.

Let me say it again so people stop repeating the stupidity here...

ACORN IS REQUIRED BY LAW TO TURN IN ANY COMPLETED FORM, EVEN IF THEY BELIEVE IT TO BE FRAUDULENT.

I really hope this makes things more clear. Even if the person signs it Mickey Mouse. Even if the person is already registered. Must. Be. Turned. In.

A

Armadillo

It is, because it neglects to mention that all cases of incorrect forms are reported by ACORN as possibly fraudulent. ACORN is REQUIRED BY LAW to turn in any and all filled out forms, even if they think they are fraudulent. They are to report those forms as suspicious.

ACORN IS REQUIRED BY LAW TO TURN IN ANY COMPLETED FORM, EVEN IF THEY BELIEVE IT TO BE FRAUDULENT.

I really hope this makes things more clear. Even if the person signs it Mickey Mouse. Even if the person is already registered. Must. Be. Turned. In.

I understand that, but if they're following the law as written, then where is all of this coming from? Groups don't just get the bright spotlight on them for no reason. For such a law-abiding, community-based group, ACORN sure is surrounded by shenanigans. Either their standards for employment are appallingly low, or the organization is just plain corrupt from the top down.

Oh so the charges were made because they followed the law? I see.

Still, it's Glenn Beck. The guy who called the US a fascist country because of a design on a coin that's been out of circulation for nearly 100 years.

I must consider the source. The source is fail.

You know the opposite of a good way to deliver a speech into a mic? Keep licking your face loudly into the mic in between sentences. Fuck, I have no tolerance for irritating noises.

Also, Glen Beck is such a drama queen.

A

Armadillo

Still, it's Glenn Beck. The guy who called the US a fascist country because of a design on a coin that's been out of circulation for nearly 100 years.

Ignore Beck. Listen to her words. Absorb them, analyze them. She cited Mao Tse-Tung as a source of philosophical inspiration. I don't care if that clip came from Glenn Beck or Dora the Explorer. MAO TSE-TUNG.

Ignore Beck. Listen to her words. Absorb them, analyze them. She cited Mao Tse-Tung as a source of philosophical inspiration. I don't care if that clip came from Glenn Beck or Dora the Explorer. MAO TSE-TUNG.[/QUOTE]

So did John McCain, Ralph Reed, and Newt Gingrich.

Dave

Staff member
How many people did Obama have to vet and put into position?

I doubt anyone could sufficiently weed out the crazy.

A

Armadillo

Ignore Beck. Listen to her words. Absorb them, analyze them. She cited Mao Tse-Tung as a source of philosophical inspiration. I don't care if that clip came from Glenn Beck or Dora the Explorer. MAO TSE-TUNG.[/QUOTE]

So did John McCain, Ralph Reed, and Newt Gingrich.[/QUOTE]

I never said I was OK with any of those guys quoting Mao. Are you saying you're OK with Dunn admiring Mao because the three of them quoted Mao?

---------- Post added at 05:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:59 PM ----------

Yeah, but God DAMN there's a lot of crazy going on around here. Van Jones, Anita Dunn, Cass Sunstein, Mark Lloyd, all of them in positions that carry some heft, if not the full weight of a Cabinet post. In Jones's case, Obama's long-time close friend Valerie Jarrett was quoted as saying that she'd been following Jones for quite a few years, so they were familiar with each other. Either no vetting was done AT ALL, or Obama at the very least shares some political ideology with these whackadoos.

A

Armadillo

About as much as every other president.[/QUOTE]

About 30-40 more if you count the "czars."

---------- Post added at 05:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:13 PM ----------

I never said I was OK with any of those guys quoting Mao. Are you saying you're OK with Dunn admiring Mao because the three of them quoted Mao?
I'm saying your clip is what Glenn Beck wants you to see. And he's a goddamned idiot.[/QUOTE]

So he's an idiot. Does that invalidate the clip itself, which is three minutes, uncut, with no commentary during her speech? Those are HER WORDS, nobody else's.

You're attacking the messenger, not the message.

About as much as every other president.[/QUOTE]

About 30-40 more if you count the "czars."

---------- Post added at 05:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:13 PM ----------

I'm saying your clip is what Glenn Beck wants you to see. And he's a goddamned idiot.[/QUOTE]

So he's an idiot. Does that invalidate the clip itself, which is three minutes, uncut, with no commentary during her speech? Those are HER WORDS, nobody else's.

You're attacking the messenger, not the message.[/QUOTE]

They're just advisors :eyeroll:

haha, Glenn Beck.
Yep. The tape wasn't meant for public airing, yet somehow Beck got hold of a copy. it's no secret that Fox in general and Beck in particular have a vendetta against the Obama administration, especially after the Obama camp decided to treat Fox like the right-wing mouthpiece they are.

The tape is crap, because the source is crap.

Am I the only one who takes issue with her citing Mother Teresa? I was not aware that Mother Teresa had a political philosophy.

A

Armadillo

haha, Glenn Beck.
Yep. The tape wasn't meant for public airing, yet somehow Beck got hold of a copy. it's no secret that Fox in general and Beck in particular have a vendetta against the Obama administration, especially after the Obama camp decided to treat Fox like the right-wing mouthpiece they are.

The tape is crap, because the source is crap.[/QUOTE]

Good to know you have no problem with the US government taking action against a media outlet they disagree with.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
Oh yeah, there's that little thing.

Hate Bush all you want, he never tried to bring the hammer down on MSNBC.

haha, Glenn Beck.

The tape is crap, because the source is crap.[/quote]

Good to know you have no problem with the US government taking action against a media outlet they disagree with.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Hate Bush all you want, he never tried to bring the hammer down on MSNBC.[/QUOTE]
Horse shit.

No, he just lied to get us into an unnecessary war, resulting in thousands of lost American and Iraqi lives and untold billions of dollars wasted. Not to mention the loss of respect and prestige around the globe.

It seems you missed something important.

A

Armadillo

No, he just lied to get us into an unnecessary war, resulting in thousands of lost American and Iraqi lives and untold billions of dollars wasted. Not to mention the loss of respect and prestige around the globe.[/QUOTE]

Relevant to the discussion...

---------- Post added at 02:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:48 AM ----------

DarkAudit;278309 said:
haha, Glenn Beck.

The tape is crap, because the source is crap.

Horse shit.

[/QUOTE]

Never saw that video before. I would say that also is wrong. I will say the key difference is Obama's guys asking the other networks to alienate Fox and possibly get them tossed from the press pool. That takes it a step above, even though I would criticize the Bush White House for freezing out MSNBC.

---------- Post added at 02:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:51 AM ----------

It seems you missed something important.
Constitutional limitations apply to all levels and branches of government.

Status
Not open for further replies.