[Gaming] Among Us (Saturdays at 9pm EST!)

GasBandit

Staff member
Short version
The client itself supports push to talk. But you are encouraged to make your own relay server.

I looked over the server, if the one-click deploy to Heroku works, it could be a real possibility. The manual installation looks like it wants a linux server, which I don't have handy, unfortunately.

GasBandit

Staff member
Dei and I tried to get this working tonight, and failed. I got a private server set up, we connected to it just fine... but then couldn't hear each other.

Apparently we're not the only ones having this problem.

GasBandit

Staff member
There was a patch. Anna and I tried it again and got it working. The setup is pretty easy:

Download here

start crewlink

click the "gear"

set the server to
Code:
http://halforums.herokuapp.com
restart crewlink

Play Among Us!

It'd be helpful if we could test it out with more people.

We will be down a Shawn and Celt Z today I think, so it's a good night to come if you are someone who only comes once and a while and is worried about there not being space.

So, I got an e-mail today that one of the games on my Steam wish list was for sale.

It's called "Among Us." Anyone heard of it?

We're going to take next week off from Among us and try out Project Winter, so if you don't have interest in that game, you can take a week off. (@Tinwhistler )
It's been a rough week for me, and I'm gonna hit the sack before this even starts :(
I have bought the game, though, so I'm hoping we play again in the future so I can join in.

It's been a rough week for me, and I'm gonna hit the sack before this even starts :(
I have bought the game, though, so I'm hoping we play again in the future so I can join in.
I think this is for tomorrow if you thought it was tonight. Tonight is Jackbox.

Yeah, we're doing this tonight, not Friday night.

I went through the tutorial: yeah, it's pretty basic but it does list what all the roles do. Read the in-game guide before we play and set up your character.

I'm wondering if we should implement a "if we don't get X amount of people by a certain time, we don't play," kind of thing, because playing in a small group kind of sucks.

Also, did we want to cancel this for this week as well? TBH I've been congested and shit all week from allergies and have been feeling shitty, which is the main reason I didn't want to play Jackbox, and I don't know if I'm going to have any patience for social deduction today either.