Export thread

All Things Convention & Cosplay

linglingface

linglingface

What's your convention lineup this year?
If you cosplay, what are your cosplay plans?
Have any great convention stories?

My lineup (+cosplay) is as follows:
Emerald City ComiCon - Tinkerballa "The Guild" Classic & Bollywood versions; Amber "Sucker Punch"; maybe Sakura "Street fighter"

SakuraCon - Tenten "Naruto Shippuden"; Sakura "Street Fighter"; Him "Powerpuff Girls"; Easter My Little Pony (SC falls on Easter again this year! Finally time to put this costume together!); Amber "Sucker Punch"; Raven "Teen Titans"; aaand possibly a ballgown for masq...

ComiCon Internetional (San Diego ComiCon) - Amber "Sucker Punch"; Dr. Girlfriend "Venture Bros"; and undecided!

PAX Prime - Undecided.

Geek Girl Con - Amber "Sucker Punch"; Chun-Li "Street Fighter"; maybe River "Firefly" (episode: Safe)

Aki-con - Maybe a pokemon... Undecided!

Hylian

Hylian

As of right now due to limited finances I only have plans to go to the Emerald City ComiCon and I plan on dressing up in a Steampunk outfit.

Allen who is Quiet

Allen who is Quiet

Just going to SDCC. Dressing up as myself.

linglingface

linglingface

I'm kind of irked that a Felicia/Amy/Wil photo is $70. And just the girls is $50... granted the Buffy trio is $110, so compared to that, $75 isn't bad. They charge for autographs too, though... :-/ I'm just hoping Felicia & Amy will be as cool as Jeff, Robin and Sandeep last year. I got free photos and autographs because they felt bad that there was a fee for both and they also liked my costume. So... /crosses fingers
I wonder if I should just hold off on autograph/photo until SDCC when the entire cast will be there. Hrmmmm

Null

Null

I'm planning to be at MisCon as a vendor with 4WFG. I'd wear my chainmail, but I don't think I'll be able to take that with me on the plane.

I like the idea of cosplaying, but I'm too fat to do it well, so I just enjoy it as a spectator.

Shannow

Shannow

Pax East...as myself.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

I'm kind of irked that a Felicia/Amy/Wil photo is $70. And just the girls is $50... granted the Buffy trio is $110, so compared to that, $75 isn't bad. They charge for autographs too, though... :-/ I'm just hoping Felicia & Amy will be as cool as Jeff, Robin and Sandeep last year. I got free photos and autographs because they felt bad that there was a fee for both and they also liked my costume. So... /crosses fingers
I wonder if I should just hold off on autograph/photo until SDCC when the entire cast will be there. Hrmmmm
Buffy trio huh?

linglingface

linglingface

James Marsters, Nicholas Brendon and Clare Kramer

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

Can't make plans, as once I graduate, I have no idea where I'm moving to yet. If I get a job in Toronto, I'll go to Fan Expo and probably cosplay as Wash. Otherwise, who knows? I might be in Vancouver, LA, Halifax, or overseas by summer for all I know.

Toronto is probably the most likely though. So Fan Expo.

Gusto

Gusto

Let me know if you're going to Fan Expo, Check, I'll most likely be going this year too!

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

RopeCon. Going as myself.

figmentPez

figmentPez

I keep looking at avatars when people say they're going as themselves, and it makes me laugh! Allen really should walk around the con in hipster glasses and a seashell bra!

Allen who is Quiet

Allen who is Quiet

Seashell bras lack the support a skinny, white guy like myself needs.

doomdragon6

doomdragon6

*ehem*

www.kamicon.net

Our group runs it.

Just sayin'.

It's free. :|

And it's this weekend.

Docseverin

Docseverin

Iraqicon: Oppressor, American Pig Dog, and Soldier leaving country (on the last day of course, wouldn't make sense to go as this earlier than that.

Gusto

Gusto

I keep looking at avatars when people say they're going as themselves, and it makes me laugh! Allen really should walk around the con in hipster glasses and a seashell bra!
Old pic but you get the idea:

Jiarn

This thread requires more pictures of forum members cosplaying, just saying.

Allen who is Quiet

Allen who is Quiet

This thread requires more pictures of forum members cosplaying, just saying.
Then post some.

Hylian

Hylian

So how many of us are going to be at the ECCC? I am going to be there on Saturday and it would be kinda fun if enough of us are going to at least meet up and say hi.

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

I hate it that funds are limited for me this year, so SDCC is probably going to be the only con for me this year.
I've got a few cosplay's planned though!
Carmelita Fox from Sly Cooper, SO EXCITED for this!
Superheroine Alice in Wonderland (I'm going with a huge group with this one..16 of us.)
I'm contemplating fixing my Appa from Avatar..
And I really want to do Adam Hughes Catwoman sometime this year. =^^=
That's enough to keep me busy, I think!

linglingface

linglingface

Super Alice?? Interested in seeing that one!! :D

Should this just be the All Things Cosplay & Conventions thread? Photos (random con-photos and cosplay WIP's), stories, plans, etc?

Jiarn

I would if I had any outfits Allen, I really would.

drifter

drifter

OT: Hey Jiarn, I've noticed in your posts that when you name posters, they're always italicized. Are you doing that by hand, and if so, I am curious as to why.

Allen who is Quiet

Allen who is Quiet

Drifter, are you saying I don't deserve the emphasis italics can give?

I'm hurt, Drifter.

Wounded, even.

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

Super Alice?? Interested in seeing that one!! :D

Should this just be the All Things Cosplay & Conventions thread? Photos (random con-photos and cosplay WIP's), stories, plans, etc?
I think it's a good idea! I would definately put up WIPs shots and such.
Oh, and thank you! I hope it turns out as awesome as it is in my head. =^^=

drifter

drifter

Uh... exit, stage left!

Jiarn

OT: Hey Jiarn, I've noticed in your posts that when you name posters, they're always italicized. Are you doing that by hand, and if so, I am curious as to why.
It's a super secret forum mod I created, pretty interesting huh drifter? -wink-

Wasabi Poptart

Iraqicon: Oppressor, American Pig Dog, and Soldier leaving country (on the last day of course, wouldn't make sense to go as this earlier than that.
I thought you were going as one of my kids so I could pull you around the block in a wagon. lol

Holy Knickers

Holy Knickers

MegaCon http://www.megaconvention.com/

This will be the first year that I am not working with my friend on artist row so I think I will dress in a nice suit just to be different.

linglingface

linglingface

People will take pics and ask who you're cosplaying anyway! :D

Hylian

Hylian

Man I knew I had lost some weight over the last year but I thought my Steampunk outfit would still fit but alas it does not. I look like I am drowning in my coat, the shirt is way to baggy and my slacks are loose on me now. Luckily I managed to tweak the outfit so I don't need the coat and I bought a new shirt. As for the slacks I will probably just wear a belt and hope it looks alright. I wish I had more time to finish a few more things on it but I guess it is my fault for not checking the outfit earlier to make sure it still fit properly.

Jiarn

Could be worse, could have not fit for the other reason.

Hylian

Hylian

That is very true I guess I should be grateful for that :)

linglingface

linglingface

Grats on the weight loss! Can't wait for pics!

linglingface

linglingface

For those of you attending ECCC next weekend... GeekGirlCon is having a flashmob to "Geek & Gamer Girls" on Saturday! Even if you're not a girl... you should join in on the fun! There are two practices, one on Friday and one on Saturday, and the mob starts at 11am. :D

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

Let me know if you're going to Fan Expo, Check, I'll most likely be going this year too!

linglingface

linglingface

ECCC this weekend! Who all is going?
I need help deciding on nail art! I was debating between boring black french tips for Amber and changing them purple for Tink, or comic themed nails. I want to do some nail art since it has been a while but now I need ideas asap!!
I know for sure...
Capt. America shield
Spidey spider
Wonder Woman W
Green Lantern lantern
Someone suggested Hit Girl but not sure what to do to represent her character...

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

Deadpool's Belt Buckle

Gusto

Gusto

Flash's lightning bolt.

figmentPez

figmentPez

Do the whole lantern spectrum!

Okay, real suggestions: Legion of Superheroes flight ring insignia, Superman's S-shield, Bat symbol, X-men logo, Watchmen smiley face, Fantasic Four symbol, Punisher skull, Phoenix's firebird, Hawkman's logo.

Are you just looking for comic book suggestions? Doing Pac-Man chasing after ghosts would be awesome.

linglingface

linglingface

Love these ideas! :D I want to do the Watchmen smiley but I'm also saving a nail for "The Guild" and their smiley shield. Hrmmmm decisions, decisions...

I can save Pacman for PAX later this year. I'm afraid I'll end up with too many ideas with just comics alone. I super love the lantern spectrum idea. I'll keep that in mind for another time too! More ideas please~!

figmentPez

figmentPez

Whatever you do, I want pics!

linglingface

linglingface

Progress shots from yesterday. The top fits a little better now and the lacing is allll finished. FINALLY! Also trimmed the ends up a bit since most were still taped and long. Used some glue to stop the fraying since I didn't finish any seams on anything (golly I want a serger SO bad...) I'm a little sad that I didn't get to finish TInkerbollywood but it gives me a little extra time to pack and do my nails. :)

Now all I'm worried about is makeup. I pretty much makeup challenged. I don't own any foundation and only wear makeup for costumes and on the rare occasion that I go to a party with friends who want to dress up. I have a little bit of powder and some crappy black eyeshadow. Played with fake lashes a little yesterday (wearing them in the photo) and I still am awful with mascara. :p The eyeshadow ended up leaving a little ring under my eye... gotta figure out how to use it properly!

linglingface

linglingface

Met Felicia Day & Amy Okuda today and as soon as I got up to the booth, Felicia told me I'm the best Tink she'd seen and that my costume looked better than the original! :) Amy told me I looked more like Tink than she did and even tweeted a pic! I didn't even get a chance to be much of a fangirl myself because the two of them were so excited. ECCC, I <3 you.

Jay

Jay

That's nice....... yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh!

:p

linglingface

linglingface

I met Hylian at ECCC! :D

Hylian

Hylian

I met Hylian at ECCC! :D

Hopefully it didn't put to much of a damper on the rest of the convention :)

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

Pics, not happen, etc. etc. etc. . . .

linglingface

linglingface

I'm working on it but I'm sooooo tiredddd @_@

Jay

Jay

Lookin' cute is hard work indeed.

Chibibar

Project Akon - we are working there (wife and I) costume - undecided.

Null

Null

Project Akon - we are working there (wife and I) costume - undecided.
I remember Maron's really into the cosplay, so I look forward to seeing what you two come up with.

linglingface

linglingface

Wasn't sure if I should post this in the good cosplay thread or new pics thread, so it's going here. :p

Amy tweeted this photo here: http://twitter.com/#!/amyokuda/status/43811303273414656
*dies*

And my Amber costume:

Allen who is Quiet

Allen who is Quiet

Are you shooting a black Akuma?

linglingface

linglingface

Sure am! That's Big Chris and he takes the most epic photos! He's the man with all the good ideas. :)

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Awesomeness! :D

Krisken

Krisken

Yeah, that pic really is filled with epic.

linglingface

linglingface

As promised... ECCC nails! :)
I was smart with my nail art this time around and saved the complicated designs for my left hand! :D This is the really easy hand to figure out.

Also easy but not AS easy as the left hand. The thumb is "The Guild" btw. Had to reserve a nail for Felicia and Amy. ...and totally forget to show them... blah.

While doing this, I realized I could've done a hand with all lightning bolts. There's too many!

figmentPez

figmentPez

As promised... ECCC nails! :)
Awesome! I bet you had fun showing those off.

linglingface

linglingface

I got a surprising amount of compliments on them! I was really surprised... nail art tends to go mostly unnoticed but people took pics and a lot of the artists wanted to get a closer look. :)

Cajungal

Cajungal

Nice pictures! I love those nails. How long did it take? You know, the fella has been wanting us to cosplay since we first started going out, but money/time have always been issues. Plus I'm surprisingly shy about it. Perhaps I can look to you for courage.

linglingface

linglingface

Do it! It's really fun and it's not awkward having people ask for photos. I thought it would be when I started but everyone is just friendly at conventions so it's a good time. :)
The nails took me longer than it should've taken... I forgot the thin paintbrush I usually use so I ended up cutting up a makeup brush I had which worked alright. Probably took me about an hour and a half? I never check the time when I do my nails, I just sit and watch TV and sleep directly after so that they have lots of time to dry completely. :p

linglingface

linglingface

I found a Hylian! :D

Hylian by lady_mei, on Flickr
Forgot to take a photo with him. :(

A couple photos from ECCC (full set here):

Wraith by lady_mei, on Flickr

ADORABLE!

Wonder Girl by lady_mei, on Flickr
ECCC 2011 by lady_mei, on Flickr

I has a Sweet Pea and Baby Doll!

Sucker Punch! by lady_mei, on Flickr

My favorite photo from ECCC weekend!

PEDOBEAR! by lady_mei, on Flickr
My friend had a dream Saturday night that Pedobear was after him. We were checking out Sunday, stepped outside, and Pedobear was right there! Not the full body suit though, he just had on the head and hands. A clever disguise. :)

The Seattle Superheroes!

Seattle Superheroes by lady_mei, on Flickr

Best. Loot. Ever. Mustache Monocles FTW!

Mustache Monocle FTW by lady_mei, on Flickr

Also, I would like to figure out how I made this face so I can do it again.

Jiarn

It's called the "Durr" face, and you get the ability to do it when you register here.

Dave

Dave

Pure awesome from start to finish!

Cajungal

Cajungal

Those are some classy mustaches.

linglingface

linglingface

I'm actually a little upset that I didn't buy more of them! I want to give some out as gifts :(

Jay

Jay

Fantastic.

Gusto

Gusto

I cosplayed a couple times.

Never again.

linglingface

linglingface

Night Zero is one of my favorite booths. It's a photo comic book (from Seattle! <3) about a zombie apocalypse. At their booth, you take pictures with guns (like you're the last survivor(s)) and they post them all on their Flickr later on. You can take photos with them as many times as you want, too!
This year's ECCC:

ECCC last year:

linglingface

linglingface

SakuraCon next weekend!! Woo! Costume lineup is looking like...
Thursday (badge pick-up Day 0): Street Fighter - Sakura
Friday: Powerpuff Girls - Him
Saturday: Sucker Punch - Amber
Sunday: My Little Pony - Toodleloo (Easter) and maybe Sakura again for a Street Fighter shoot. But... I have so many shots of Sakura already that I may not bother with a costume change.

Still have a bit of work to do. It's really crunch time now! I still need to finish Him's wig (widows peak + slicked back + goatee!), claws (got craft foam cut out and glued yesterday, now just spray paint and figure out how to put them together... >.>), buy red tights and finish up the dress (turtle neck + sleeves). Lots of little things to do. It's my first time styling a wig and making props and I'm not having much fun with it...
MLP still needs ears painted and wig trimmed a bit. I also need to decorate the basket! Other than that... it's looking pretty good!

Finally got a room secured and Mike will actually be there all 3 days with me, too! Woohoo! Have a couple shoots planned with EBK and also a friends birthday party at the TapHouse. It's going to be an awesome weekend, just have to finish getting everything ready now. :)

Anyone else have conventions coming up? After this I have a whole lot of nothing going on until SDCC in July.

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

Sounds like an awesome lineup!! I can't wait to see some pictures from that.

Nope, just waiting anxiously for SDCC. Haha! I've hit the lazy stage in my cosplay..I don't wanna work on it as of right now, so I'm sure I'll have to cram a week before I leave for it. Typical.

linglingface

linglingface

Yeah the last 2 weeks have been "I don't want to work on cosplay!!!" weeks for me. I'll be happy to have time for games soon!!

Jiarn

I think I might actually be able to attend A-Kon this year. Here's hoping.

linglingface

linglingface

Is that in Texas? Or a mini vacation for you?

Jiarn

Texas, about 4 hrs from where I live. I'm going to be attending a smaller con in Southern Texas in July too.

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

Heatherling, I just saw Sucker Punch this last weekend and you totally make an AMAZING Amber!
I appreciate that costume so much more now. =^^= Yeah, I thought you should know.

linglingface

linglingface

D'aww you're sweet! Thank you so much! :)

linglingface

linglingface

Him teaser photo until after this weekend! :) I need to figure out the makeup tomorrow and get this wig figured out too... gah. Widows peak on the wig is a pain in the ass so I'm nixing it for now. I will at least have the goatee, so that's good enough for me at this time! Just gotta get the hair all slicked back.

After looking at it in the mirror today, I realized it just looks like a long sleeve dress (which, yes that's exactly what it is...) rather than red arms with a sleeveless dress. The reds ended up being tooooo similar. Oh well~

figmentPez

figmentPez

You're dressing up as some sort of Muppet-bird wearing gold sunglasses? Oh! Now I see... It's too late, my brain isn't processing images correctly.

linglingface

linglingface

SakuraCon was a blast! I'm exhausted. My feet hurt. Still have a few photos to get through... but wanted to share Him with you guys before heading to bed. :)

Extremely fun to wear. People were very excited to see Him!
I HATED the wig but stopped caring because it was already a pain in the ass. Also realized later I forgot the pink cheeks!!! >.<
Those boots were awful. Just awful. I can usually grin and bear it if shoes start to hurt... I wear the same size heels to work for 8 hours and I'm a-okay but these boots killed my feet after 4. Took them off after 5 hours and my feet still hurt a lot right now so I'm glad I didn't wear them any longer. Will definitely need more comfortable boots or insoles for next time.
But all-in-all, very fun costume to wear. :D

Pretty Jasmine! My goatee was falling apart by this time. Poo.

Jiarn

Seriously seriously awesome job on a very unique and very rarely done cosplay heatherling! I'm sure pics of you are all over the major cosplay sites now, with praises galore.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Praises, indeed. Awesomesauce. :D

linglingface

linglingface

Thanks! :)
Pez!! I have a job for you... my friends had epic Aion costumes! 3 girls, 1 guy, 3 sets of epic wings (white, red/black, and black) You must find them!! :D

figmentPez

figmentPez

Thanks! :)
Pez!! I have a job for you... my friends had epic Aion costumes! 3 girls, 1 guy, 3 sets of epic wings (white, red/black, and black) You must find them!! :D
I will keep an eye out for them. I haven't been able to work on the Good Cosplay Thread for a while, but I'm hoping to get back to it soon.

Cajungal

Cajungal

I find you both wonderful and terrifying.

linglingface

linglingface

I want to find a higher res photo for the cosplay thread, but here's one my friend posted of their group! :)

Neon Pirate

Neon Pirate

They did a great job, but you went way past their cool and straight on to awesome with your Him cosplay!

linglingface

linglingface

Haha thanks everyone! :)

Got my SakuraCon photos up: http://www.flickr.com/photos/heather_ling/sets/72157626571533964/with/5655342683/
Please help me identify some of them!!

Allen who is Quiet

Allen who is Quiet

This guy is from Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu, but I don't know the character's name.

Jiarn

Haha thanks everyone! :)

Got my SakuraCon photos up: http://www.flickr.com/photos/heather_ling/sets/72157626571533964/with/5655342683/

Help? You nailed just about all of them!

drifter

drifter

Dead Master Scythe

Looks like Sergeant White from Cat Shit One, but given the name tag, I'm not sure.

-EDIT-

From left to right: Tsume, Cheza and Quent Yaiden from Wolf's Rain

figmentPez

figmentPez

Okay, I did.

Jiarn

So in honor of going to my first comic-con soon (A-Kon in June) I've decided to cosplay for the first time.

I'm not sure if it's going to be recognizable really, but it's the idea that I just can't get out of my head. Due to my likeness to the Nostalgia Critic

I'm going to try and find some similar clothing and do a send-up to him.... with a twist. I want to get my hands on some red contacts and a Red Lantern Ring with a Red Lantern shirt and go as "Red Lantern Critic".

figmentPez

figmentPez

Make sure to spit up some blood every time someone mentions a Bat-credit card.

linglingface

linglingface

Can't wait to see your first cosplay! Keep us updated on your progress!

I've decided that I'm going to make a companion cube dress. If not for SDCC this year then it'll be for PAX. I'm really excited for this one!

Jiarn

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0CGDD27JMV0Q47Z58259

Is the ring I REALLY wanted, but sadly isn't released until June 08, which won't arrive on time for the con that weekend. So I think I'm going to have to go with:

http://www.amazon.com/Blackest-Lant...e=UTF8&s=toys-and-games&qid=1304429586&sr=1-1

Which I find a bit "subdued" in color vs the top one and the shirt

http://www.amazon.com/Officially-Li...78LK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1304429626&sr=8-1

Oh and anyone know the actual name of the type of hat he wears?

Is it just a regular cloth worn baseball cap?

Jiarn

Thank you! That second link is perfect!

linglingface

linglingface

So... I really wasn't planning on doing anything new for SDCC except touch-ups on Amber. But now I'm thinking my line-up will be...
Companion Cube (dress)
Cactuar (another dress)
"The Creep" (Nicki Minaj! Trying to get a few friends in on this project!)
Amber (I may be a part of something extra fun! XD)
Tinkerballa (I'll have a bow, finally! No stupid drug store plastic toy bow anymore!))

SDCC is too crowded and there's too much to see, so just a couple easy costumes to put together.

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

I agree. SDCC is so crowded, sometimes easy costumes are the better route. I'm so excited because this year, my costumes don't require heels!! Two pairs of flats, and some 2 inch platforms. Walking in heels was probably the worst thing last year..ugh, I so didn't think ahead.

linglingface

linglingface

I'm so happy Amber wears combat boots! And Tink also flat boots. No way I'd ever bring Him to SDCC with makeup, claws and those heels... I don't know how other people do it!

Jay

Jay

The man must love those boots. ;)

Null

Null

Leaving for MisCon in the morning.

linglingface

linglingface

SDCC is my next con and I'm still working on getting my plane ticket! @_@ I was so happy to see flights down to $220 this morning, but by the time I got home, they were $260. :-/ They've been $270-290 for the last week, so I think I'll check again in the morning and see if there's some cheap flights again.

Between now and then I'm going to redo my Amber costume with hopefully the right shade of green, and maybe make Ame Comi's Jade, too.
I'll also be bringing Tinkerballa with me, and my friend has made me a bow & arrow. :3 I haven't seen it yet, but I'm super excited! He's even making a case for me to store it in! It breaks down so that I can travel with it, woo~!

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

I hope you get a plane ticket! Have you checked discount sites?

We should meet up and take pictures! Not that our cosplay will match, but it would still be fun. =^^=
I'm just finishing up the details on Carmelita and Alice. I've also been asked to bring my Appa back, so I have to fix it, but it shouldn't be to bad. This year is so much more relaxed compared to last year.

linglingface

linglingface

I hope you get a plane ticket! Have you checked discount sites?

We should meet up and take pictures! Not that our cosplay will match, but it would still be fun. =^^=
I'm just finishing up the details on Carmelita and Alice. I've also been asked to bring my Appa back, so I have to fix it, but it shouldn't be to bad. This year is so much more relaxed compared to last year.
Yeah, I have been checking kayak.com every day. :) I also check Southwest aaaand I forget the other one now... We most definitely have to meet up!

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

Most likely be going now. The job I landed is in Mississauga so getting to TO is easy, plus I have money.

I have to check with my friends to see who else is committed to coming and who else is actually cosplaying, but I believe the plan is I'll be cosplaying as Wash, while three friends of mine will be River, Inara and Kaylee. I'm trying to convince my roommate to be Mal but its an expensive costume and he's still currently jobless. My other roommate was to be Jayne, but he's in Ottawa for the summer so I don't think he's coming.

linglingface

linglingface

So I was going to be in a Sucker Punch group for Saturday masq, but that got cancelled since SDCC is getting so close now, the other girls hadn't started their costumes and also hadn't picked music yet. They tend to do a dance routine most years, but other things got in the way this year, so it at least ends up being less for me to worry about! I'm no dancer, sooo I would've needed at least a month to learn whatever routine they put together! :)

So my Saturday night got cleared up, but now I'm helping to co-host a rooftop party for gaming industry peeps! This means I'm going to be making a lot of cupcakes! (The ones I made before with girls and guns!) Also, not being in masq means that I get to wear Amber sooner at an earlier time than masq, meaning more photo ops with the mech bunny. <3

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

Here's a preview pic of my Alice costume! I can't believe SDCC is only a week away!! YAY! I hope to meet lots of new friends there, anyway, enjoy. =^^=

Also, sorry for the nasty quality and lack of makeup...

Vrii

Vrii

Looks like I may be hitting up Fan Expo for at least one day, highly doubt I'll be cosplaying anything though. Wouldn't have any idea where to start.

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

Hey guys!
So, the awesome group I was lucky to be a part of for SDCC has a facebook fan page, the 'Superhero Disney Princesses'. If anyone is interested in learning about all of the girls and getting updates about us year round, feel free to 'like' the page. =^^=
http://www.facebook.com/HeroPrincesses?ref=ts
Thank you!

Allen who is Quiet

Allen who is Quiet

Can I like them while simultaneously disliking that they're racist against hipster ariel?

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

Can I like them while simultaneously disliking that they're racist against hipster ariel?
Yes.
Even though..I'm pretty sure we're not racist.

Allen who is Quiet

Allen who is Quiet

:O

Oh man, color me surprised. Also, liked them.

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

:O

Oh man, color me surprised. Also, liked them.
You're awesome Allen!

Chibibar

The only convention I went was Project A-kon cause I'm a staff there. I use to go to many other cons but lately it is hard due to cost :(

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

I'm the same way. I only go to SDCC.
I'm hoping once there isn't college expenses Husband and I will be able to go to more. =^^=

Jay

Jay

Ummm... Snow White.... wow.

Chibibar

I'm the same way. I only go to SDCC.
I'm hoping once there isn't college expenses Husband and I will be able to go to more. =^^=
nice picture of Alice.

I was talking with my wife and I decided to make a good version of steampunk style wings (workable) still in design phase and hoping to find a way to make the frame :) I will use either light metal sheets or plastic for the "feathers"

GasBandit

GasBandit

I went to SGC in 2010. Probably would have tried to go in 2011... if they hadn't cancelled it.

Null

Null

nice picture of Alice.

I was talking with my wife and I decided to make a good version of steampunk style wings (workable) still in design phase and hoping to find a way to make the frame :) I will use either light metal sheets or plastic for the "feathers"
I'd suggest something like kydex. Metal sheeting that's light enough to be worn on the back in that kind of quantity seems like it'd be a good risk of lacerating something. Of course, we might be thinking in completely different concepts...

Chibibar

I'd suggest something like kydex. Metal sheeting that's light enough to be worn on the back in that kind of quantity seems like it'd be a good risk of lacerating something. Of course, we might be thinking in completely different concepts...
well the idea would be dull the edges so it won't cut people ;)

I think we are thinking something similar. It is mechanical wings and no real feathers but looks like a bird wings with feathers. If that makes sense.

Null

Null

Yeah, as opposed to panels like a bat wing.

Chibibar

Yeah, as opposed to panels like a bat wing.
Yea. Batwing would be cool (for a different costume) but trying to "steampunk" that would be interesting. Maybe using like Brown cloth or something to make it look like leather for wings ;)

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

Ummm... Snow White.... wow.
I figured you would say that, everyone does. =^^=

figmentPez

figmentPez

I figured you would say that, everyone does. =^^=
Not everyone. :p You already know that Belle and Aurora are my favorites.

I like a very different version of Snow White. One with red hair, a leather jacket and a machine gun.

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

Not everyone. :p You already know that Belle and Aurora are my favorites.

I like a very different version of Snow White. One with red hair, a leather jacket and a machine gun.
If I didn't already know why I wasn't a favorite, I would be hurt Pez. =^^=
Wow, that sounds hardcore....

figmentPez

figmentPez

Wow, that sounds hardcore....
Not exactly.

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

linglingface

linglingface

Convention season is officially over but I'm getting costume plans sorted out for next year!! :D Hoping to get an early start this time around and get things done EARLY! (Yeah, that won't happen.)

Tentative lineup/ideas:
Emerald City ComiCon - They announced Adam Baldwin as their first media guest! This means Firefly and/or Chuck costumes!

Firefly - Jayne? I'm not really much of an Inara/Kaylee/River/Zoe... if I were to cosplay one of the ladies, it would probably be River. Buuuuut I'm thinking gender-bender Firefly costume. There will be a lot of Jayne's, I'm sure... but he'll be there, so why not join the crowd? :)
Chuck - Nerd Herd! I <3 Anna and I want to have wild hair like her!
Ame-Comi Jade (Green Lantern) - I've been planning on this one for a while! It will happen at some point.
X-23? Him? Amber?
Not sure if I'll have a 4th costume. I've never done multiple costumes in a day, but I'd like to! If Jade doesn't get done, I need some kind of comic book costume as I have none!

SakuraCon
Avatar - Crazy Azula & Ty Lee - I'm set on series finale Azula with messy hair and smeared makeup, but Ty Lee is more my style. I had fun being Ed since I'm bendy, so I know I'd have a blast as Ty Lee. Soooo I may end up doing both!
Mulan - Designer Princess version because OMG PRETTY.
Final Fantasy - Kuja - <3
Naruto Shippuden - Tenten - I want an excuse to carry lots of weapons.
Sucker Punch - Amber - I love my Amber costume and I want to wear it lots.
My Little Pony - I love the show, I love MLP costumes, I want to be a pony again. Yep.

SDCC
Mortal Kombat - IT'S A SECRET! But it will be happening. :)
Samurai Champloo - Fuu (group)
Powerpuff Girls - Him (group)
Ame-Comi Raven (Teen Titans) - maybe. This one is kind of really skimpy but it also looks pretty rad.

PAX
Portal - Companion Cube
Final Fantasy - Cactuar
Street Fighter - Chun-Li - She's my favorite! Sakura was made first simply because it was an easy costume, but I've always wanted to be Chun-Li.
Diablo III - Wizard? Maybe??
League of Legends - Akali? Maybe?? I love the character designs.

I need to cut this list down. It's too much!

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

Holy cow that is an insane list!!! OMG, My Little Pony! I want to see pictures of that please!! And, I can't wait to see your designer Mulan cosplay, you will be perfect as her!! Love love.

linglingface

linglingface

Some are pretty simple and wouldn't require much work. All depends on if I can afford materials and if I stay focused! :3
I did a Toodleloo MLP costume at SakuraCon. Same colors as Fluttershy so people just thought I was her, and that was okay with me! I want to make a new one though since it was made so quickly!

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

Aww sounds cute!!
I love Fluttershy - working on a casual costume for her right now. I don't/won't have a MLP group, so Fluttershy will probably just be for photoshoots or local con's.
Since I only get to go to SDCC..my costume list is shortened a bit. =^^= I think I'm most excited for my femPascal! Looking forward to taking some hilarious pictures with Flynn.

MaryMarvel

I usually only get to Megacon in Orlando. Same three costumes probably as the last two years, as my Isis has been a 2-5 year project... the lady making my leather pieces is dragging her heels a big... and she has my sandals for that costume so I hope she hasn't them still.

70s Supergirl
Lady Blackhawk
Dark Mary Marvel

Don't know what days I'll be wearing what though ~shrug~

linglingface

linglingface

I'm very grateful that Seattle has a lot of cons. <3

LilKag, I better see you at SDCC next year!!

Null

Null

Anyone else going to MisCon on Memorial Day weekend? Guest of honor's George RR Martin.

Jay

Jay

Chun Li?

HELLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOO

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

Yes please Heatherling!! I'm sad I missed you last year. I'll be there all four days, so that up's our chances though!

linglingface

linglingface

Emerald City ComiCon is coming up in a month! Anyone else going besides me? The guest list is super amazing this year and I'm psyched about the extra day they've added on!
I was super lazy this year, so I'm not sure what I'll have done as far as costumes go. So far nothing new, but I know I *can* work fast, soooo.... /crossesfingers

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Sigh... the only con that fits my schedule, budget, and area is... Anthrocon. :p

GasBandit

GasBandit

Sigh... the only con that fits my schedule, budget, and area is... Anthrocon. :p
Dude, you HAVE to go as daffy duck.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

Dragon*Con is my only yearly at the moment as I'm basically a 15 minute train ride away from the hotels it's held at. Been going 3 years now and it's so much more fun than San Diego CC (used to go to that when I lived in SoCal). DC is much more a fan's con as opposed to a platform for new releases and such. Sure, it sucks to have to look up all the cool trailers and panels from SDCC online, but DC usually manages to get some awesome guests from shows I've loved for years, plus the awesome fan-driven stuff like Buffy Horror Picture Show and the Dr. Horrible show in the same vein.

Hylian

Hylian

I am going to be going to the ECCC.

Sadly I am only going to be going for Saturday cause I can't afford a hotel and I don;t want to drive from Lakewood to Seattle 3 days in a row. But I am still super stoked and can't wait for it to get here. I am not going to be dressing up this year becuase I didn't get a chance to work on a costume like I was original planning on. (darn work taking up my free time :) ) I am already trying to think of one for next year so hopefully next year I can dress up. I know it's not a convention but I am also stoked for the Legend of Zelda Symphony of the Goddess Concert that is going to be on March 26th.

linglingface

linglingface

Since people love cosplayer Kit Quinn, here's a quick and super exciting story!

She and her boyfriend were asked to attend ECCC last weekend as their new mascots! I was there, and did not see her at all on Friday. D: Actually, I missed a few seeing quite a few people, but more on that later! So Friday night there was a Kirby Krackle show at the Hard Rock, and I ended up finding Kit after the last song! I had WAY too much to drink, so this picture happened:

I told her I was looking for her all day, apologized for being drunk at this point, to which she replied, "It's okay! I've been drinking too so it's totally cool!" I asked for a photo, and also asked if I could kiss her on the cheek, and she was super cool about it. :) Also, she's even lovelier in person!

Anyway, ECCC was a lot of fun! I had a friend come over from Montana and this was her first con! Friday was just the two of us and then Mike joined us for the rest of the weekend. I missed ALL of Saturday, though... I was incredibly stupid and had 4 double Jack & Coke's at the Hard Rock. I'm a whiskey girl and can handle 4 pretty well, but when I went to order, the gal asked if I wanted to make it a double for $2 more. I figured since I'd be having more than one, I might as well! Aaaand I continued to order the same thing again and again. Massive hangover Saturday, stayed in bed all day while Mike and Ashley explored the con, and proceeded having fun again on Sunday. I'm still not over how stupid that was. Oh well, at least I had fun at the show! :D
I spent waaaay too much money and now have SakuraCon coming up this weekend!
No new costumes since I was procrastinating a lot and I'm also only wearing Him and Amber on Fri and Sat, and going casual on Sunday. /boring I do have awesome SOLID plans for SDCC though! So I'll have new costumes soon!

figmentPez

figmentPez

AAAA! Kit!!! <3 *ENVY*

Also: Yay! heatherling is back!

linglingface

linglingface

AAAA! Kit!!! <3 *ENVY*

Also: Yay! heatherling is back!
I saw her at SDCC 2 years ago too when she was wearing Leia, but didn't really chat with her. Guh she's so pretty! I fangirled. :3

Hooray, I'm back!! I disappear here and there. /shrugs

I'll take oodles of pictures at SakuraCon this weekend since I'm lacking new costumes! And then I'll post 'em on the cosplay thread! ...if I don't disappear again. :D

figmentPez

figmentPez

I saw her at SDCC 2 years ago too when she was wearing Leia, but didn't really chat with her. Guh she's so pretty! I fangirled. :3
If I ever get to meet her or Silver in person I hope I have my copy of Eureka season 2 for them to sign (they're in the extras asking questions of the cast while wearing cosplay).

Shannow

Shannow

Good times at pax east right now!

linglingface

linglingface

Good times at pax east right now!
How was PAX?

Here are my ECCC photos: Flickr
I didn't take very many due to missing Saturday. Working on getting SakuraCon photos uploaded now. :)

linglingface

linglingface

Evil meets evil!! (I forgot my contacts! D: D: D: )

My friend's sexy sexy gender-bending Jin!!

Jay

Jay

So who subscribed to this thread for more Heatherupdates?

Click Like if you do!

Null

Null

That's pretty awesome, Heatherling.

linglingface

linglingface

Aw, thanks! :3
I finished uploading my SakuraCon photos here.
I haven't tagged or titled many photos yet, so if you're able to help with identifying cosplayers, series, and/or characters, please do! Thanks in advance!!

Jerry Polence was my roommate at SakuraCon, and she was the best roommate EVER!
SakuraCon by lady_mei, on Flickr

These are all the snacks we brought to the room:

SNACKuraCon by lady_mei, on Flickr

We had a sushi dinner Thursday night with Eurobeat Kasumi:

Sushi by lady_mei, on Flickr

EBK and I spent some time at Gameworks on Thursday as well where I got hooked on Dance Maniax. (I learned on Thursday and proceeded to kick his ass on Saturday. :p)
Jerry made miso soup for breakfast on Friday! And she made giant cookies Saturday morning! Best roomie ever. <3

I forgot my yellow contacts for Him, but still had an amazing Friday! A lot of pictures were taken with people saying, "YOU HAUNTED MY DREAMS WHEN I WAS A KID! WHY AM I TAKING YOUR PICTURE???"

SakuraCon by lady_mei, on Flickr (Fist bump!)

Saturday I had my shoot with Babydoll. There was a Sweet Pea cosplayer on Friday and then 2 Ambers and 2 Babydolls were all that were seen on Saturday. D: Hopefully EBK gets our girl fight photos up soon! Giggity.

Met up with a bunch of friends that I hadn't seen in some time, made some new friends, and just had an amazing weekend. And no drinking at SakuraCon since I'm still afraid after what happened during ECCC! /rofl

Oh! Also, every year I allow myself to buy one new plush. This year was supposed to be chocobo (I have cactuar, tonberry and moogle), but I don't like how they're smaller and themed (I just want a plain chocobo!!). SOOOO I got myself a Kirby this year! And I made a Kir-choco-by!!

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

This Friday marks the first annual GnomeCon in Savannah - the area's first gamer convention. Primarily aimed at board game and table-top gamers, there will also be sections for Magic the Gathering and Yu-Gi-Oh players, too.

Guess who's sort of the de-facto Chief of Security?

Allen who is Quiet

Allen who is Quiet

Who is it?

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Who is it?
Don't make me hurt you.

Allen who is Quiet

Allen who is Quiet

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

;_;

Too soon, brah...

Allen who is Quiet

Allen who is Quiet

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

...... Hanako-chan....

Allen who is Quiet

Allen who is Quiet

Allen who is Quiet

Allen who is Quiet

But seriously, who's the de facto head of security?

Jay

Jay

Coolest cop ever.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Counter-attacking!

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

But seriously, who's the de facto head of security?
They asked me to come, said they'd comp my badge ($25) value. I managed to negotiate for food, a T-shirt and some extra goodies. Also, I get to have flunkies minions staff in the form of a civilian group who helps with checking badges and whatnot.

The primary concern is going to come from the hotel bar in the late-night hours, but I'm honestly not expecting much in the way of trouble - these folks all seem to be pretty cool, and I doubt any guests of the hotel are going to cause issues.

This is a first-time thing for pretty much everyone involved - a trial run that was funded by a private investor to see if it was even a viable concept. Given that they've already recouped the investment amount, and are entirely in the black at this point, I'd say we have a market here. *grins*

Allen who is Quiet

Allen who is Quiet

I'm not nearly counter-attacked enough. You're going to have to post more images of Shizune and maybe one or two of Emi before I start feeling emotions.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

*Warning, fhuge dump ahoy*

Allen who is Quiet

Allen who is Quiet

HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG!

Emrys

Emrys

This Friday marks the first annual GnomeCon in Savannah - Guess who's sort of the de-facto Chief of Security?
The gods help Savannah and GnomeCon.

(Don't hit! I'll be good!)

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

(a certain onomatopoeia)!
FTFY.

My work here is done.

Allen who is Quiet

Allen who is Quiet

linglingface

linglingface

And a little more SakuraCon since I got my photos from EBK. :)

NOOOOOOOOOO NOT THE LOLLIPOP!!

I REALLY wanted girl fight pictures. :D

New shinigami!

And random: I was packing on Saturday night and put Him's claws away. Next thing I know, Mike's making Zoidberg noises behind me, and this is what I saw.

Null

Null

Nice Foxhound messenger bag. I was looking at those, but I can't justify spending the money. My Bag of Holding messenger bag is still holding up nicely.

linglingface

linglingface

Mike's all about his man bags. He switches them out more often than I switch purses, plus he's really into adding a ridiculous amount of patches and pins to plain bags!

Jay

Jay

Yey, got informed this morning this thread received a Heatherupdate. Friday started GOOOOOOOOD.

Awesome pics.

Also, those boots you wear in that Mrs. Demon Lobster XMas pics are downright wicked.

:megusta:

linglingface

linglingface

Thanks! :3
Those boots are sooo awful! I love heels, but those are crazy uncomfortable. Last year I changed out of that costume after about 3 hours because my feet hurt so bad. This year I bandaged every toe and added a crappy insole and that really helped! Awful, awful boots.

Jay

Jay

The better they look, the harder they are to wear.

BananaHands

BananaHands

heatherling, You. Are. Awesome. That Him outfit is great.

Jay

Jay

I'm Commander Jay and heatherling is one of my favorite posters of Halforums.

Jay

Jay

1280068176301.gif

So... ummmm how did you clone yourself?

linglingface

linglingface

You guys are too nice! Thank you. :)
Misa is cosplayed by Jerry Polence: http://facebook.com/jerrypolence Popular lady in the Phillipines and my pretty friend. ~<3

Null

Null

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

FTFY.

My work here is done.
Just glad you didn't start posting Lilly. So many feels.

On topic: Awesome costumes! It's nice to see something besides Doctor Who and Amy Pond, they're insanely popular costumes at Dragon*Con. I guess with how easy it would be to put together.

Allen who is Quiet

Allen who is Quiet

Just glad you didn't start posting Lilly. So many feels.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

T_T

linglingface

linglingface

So... PAX tickets went on sale last week, at least until the site crashed a couple hours later and they closed registration. Registration went back up today, and 3-days sold out in 3 hours. O.O (Last year, 3-days were gone in almost a week, and completely sold out of one-days in 3 weeks.)

04-25-12 Registration
Live
Soon!
Greetings!
It's been awhile, or to be more precise, it has been 241 days since PAX Prime 2011 ended.
I hope you are ready to do that PAX thing again, because we are.
Registration
, Panel Submissions, AND the PAX 10 application are now live. We’ve been busy.
The show is once again taking place in downtown Seattle in the Washington State Convention Center. Well, mostly inside the convention center...we've also acquired the Annex, Paramount, Seattle Sheraton, Grand Hyatt...you get the idea.
Looking for a place to stay? Unfortunately our housing registration system isn't quite ready. If you try to book hotels now, don't be afraid if everything is reserved...it's reserved FOR US. You'll get better luck (and savings) in a week or two when we can push out the hotels system.

04-25-12 Registration Update
Here's where we're at:
#1. We tried a new registration vendor this year. It....didn't work out. We are going back to our previous vendor and registration should be set up next week.
#2. For those of you who have successfully registered, we'll shoot you an email next week to confirm your registration.
#3. We're really sorry about this =(.

05-02-12 Registration Lives Again!
Try not to destroy itthis time! Note that if you've already registered, there is no need to register again.
For those of you needing a place to stay, enjoy our hotels page.
05-02-12 3-Day Passes...
We're shocked to be writing this... but we're completely out of 3-Day badges for PAX Prime 2012. There are still single day passes, and while it's impossible to say how long they will last, it is fair to say "not very long."
But to be perfectly clear: Three-Day passes are gone for good, and the only way to attend PAX is to grab the single day passes that are still available.
THANKFULLY, I got on Facebook the morning they went on sale last week, just in time to see my friends posting about the passes. They had taken the Registration link down, but I had a friend who was linking the ticket-sale page to people! Thanks to her, I was able to snag passes for Mike and myself before they completely took the site down!! I can't believe how quickly they sold out! Those went as quick as SDCC passes... :confused:

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

Goodness, I was going to say, sounds just like SDCC.

I'm glad you were able to get passes though!

linglingface

linglingface

SDCC is so close! I still have to finish my one new costume! XD So many feelings!!! I'm in panic mode finishing this up! I'm just procrastinating STILL and wasting time on the computer between sewing bits and pieces. >.> But it's really coming together now! WOO!
And OMGOMGOMGOMG cosplaying with Yaya!!! Swag. (Is that how that word works? I really have no idea.) Anyway, I some how ended up in an amazing group for Thursday! I honestly don't know how I ended up in this group of amazing cosplayers, most of whom I've been admiring for a few years. Super stoked for Thursday! And now back to sewing!!!

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

SDCC is so close! I still have to finish my one new costume! XD So many feelings!!! I'm in panic mode finishing this up! I'm just procrastinating STILL and wasting time on the computer between sewing bits and pieces. >.> But it's really coming together now! WOO!
And OMGOMGOMGOMG cosplaying with Yaya!!! Swag. (Is that how that word works? I really have no idea.) Anyway, I some how ended up in an amazing group for Thursday! I honestly don't know how I ended up in this group of amazing cosplayers, most of whom I've been admiring for a few years. Super stoked for Thursday! And now back to sewing!!!
Get off the internet :p.

linglingface

linglingface

I know! Such a stupid distraction and I keep getting distracted! >.< Just got home from work and now back to sewing I go!!

BananaHands

BananaHands

Sew what?[DOUBLEPOST=1341712959][/DOUBLEPOST]Sorry guys, worst pun ever.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Sew what?[DOUBLEPOST=1341712959][/DOUBLEPOST]Sorry guys, worst pun ever.
Your avatar is the perfect reaction to your post.

linglingface

linglingface

Once upon a SDCC, I was wandering around with Eurobeat Kasumi, and we bumped into his friends Jessica Nigri and Monika Lee in the dealers hall.

We took them outside the dealers hall to get a couple photos. Monika got photos first and I was on bag duty. Jessica decided she'd watch the bags too. Like a retarded chicken.

Then some guy came by and asked me for a photo, so Jerrsica Nerrgri decided she'd take my camera and take photos of me too. With my camera.

Then, it was Jessica's turn for photos! And every time I took a photo, and only then, she became Jerrsica Nerrgri.

And then she and Monika went right into an interview.

This girl is crazy!

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

I saw Jessica at SDCC dressed as Harley Quinn on another site. Wow.

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

That is so awesome heatherling!

I only got to meet her and Monika for a few minutes, but they were so nice and sweet. The pictures are so fun. Go you!

linglingface

linglingface

Yeah Jessica kind of instantly talks to you like she's known you forever and you're BFF's. :confused: