All Things Convention & Cosplay

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's your convention lineup this year?
If you cosplay, what are your cosplay plans?
Have any great convention stories?

My lineup (+cosplay) is as follows:
Emerald City ComiCon - Tinkerballa "The Guild" Classic & Bollywood versions; Amber "Sucker Punch"; maybe Sakura "Street fighter"

SakuraCon - Tenten "Naruto Shippuden"; Sakura "Street Fighter"; Him "Powerpuff Girls"; Easter My Little Pony (SC falls on Easter again this year! Finally time to put this costume together!); Amber "Sucker Punch"; Raven "Teen Titans"; aaand possibly a ballgown for masq...

ComiCon Internetional (San Diego ComiCon) - Amber "Sucker Punch"; Dr. Girlfriend "Venture Bros"; and undecided!

PAX Prime - Undecided.

Geek Girl Con - Amber "Sucker Punch"; Chun-Li "Street Fighter"; maybe River "Firefly" (episode: Safe)

Aki-con - Maybe a pokemon... Undecided!

As of right now due to limited finances I only have plans to go to the Emerald City ComiCon and I plan on dressing up in a Steampunk outfit.

I'm kind of irked that a Felicia/Amy/Wil photo is $70. And just the girls is $50... granted the Buffy trio is $110, so compared to that, $75 isn't bad. They charge for autographs too, though... :-/ I'm just hoping Felicia & Amy will be as cool as Jeff, Robin and Sandeep last year. I got free photos and autographs because they felt bad that there was a fee for both and they also liked my costume. So... /crosses fingers
I wonder if I should just hold off on autograph/photo until SDCC when the entire cast will be there. Hrmmmm

I'm planning to be at MisCon as a vendor with 4WFG. I'd wear my chainmail, but I don't think I'll be able to take that with me on the plane.

I like the idea of cosplaying, but I'm too fat to do it well, so I just enjoy it as a spectator.

I'm kind of irked that a Felicia/Amy/Wil photo is $70. And just the girls is $50... granted the Buffy trio is $110, so compared to that, $75 isn't bad. They charge for autographs too, though... :-/ I'm just hoping Felicia & Amy will be as cool as Jeff, Robin and Sandeep last year. I got free photos and autographs because they felt bad that there was a fee for both and they also liked my costume. So... /crosses fingers
I wonder if I should just hold off on autograph/photo until SDCC when the entire cast will be there. Hrmmmm
Buffy trio huh?

Can't make plans, as once I graduate, I have no idea where I'm moving to yet. If I get a job in Toronto, I'll go to Fan Expo and probably cosplay as Wash. Otherwise, who knows? I might be in Vancouver, LA, Halifax, or overseas by summer for all I know.

Toronto is probably the most likely though. So Fan Expo.

figmentPez

Staff member
I keep looking at avatars when people say they're going as themselves, and it makes me laugh! Allen really should walk around the con in hipster glasses and a seashell bra!

Iraqicon: Oppressor, American Pig Dog, and Soldier leaving country (on the last day of course, wouldn't make sense to go as this earlier than that.

J

Jiarn

This thread requires more pictures of forum members cosplaying, just saying.

So how many of us are going to be at the ECCC? I am going to be there on Saturday and it would be kinda fun if enough of us are going to at least meet up and say hi.

I hate it that funds are limited for me this year, so SDCC is probably going to be the only con for me this year.
I've got a few cosplay's planned though!
Carmelita Fox from Sly Cooper, SO EXCITED for this!
Superheroine Alice in Wonderland (I'm going with a huge group with this one..16 of us.)
I'm contemplating fixing my Appa from Avatar..
And I really want to do Adam Hughes Catwoman sometime this year. =^^=
That's enough to keep me busy, I think!

Super Alice?? Interested in seeing that one!! :D

Should this just be the All Things Cosplay & Conventions thread? Photos (random con-photos and cosplay WIP's), stories, plans, etc?

OT: Hey Jiarn, I've noticed in your posts that when you name posters, they're always italicized. Are you doing that by hand, and if so, I am curious as to why.

Super Alice?? Interested in seeing that one!! :D

Should this just be the All Things Cosplay & Conventions thread? Photos (random con-photos and cosplay WIP's), stories, plans, etc?
I think it's a good idea! I would definately put up WIPs shots and such.
Oh, and thank you! I hope it turns out as awesome as it is in my head. =^^=

J

Jiarn

OT: Hey Jiarn, I've noticed in your posts that when you name posters, they're always italicized. Are you doing that by hand, and if so, I am curious as to why.
It's a super secret forum mod I created, pretty interesting huh drifter? -wink-

W

Wasabi Poptart

Iraqicon: Oppressor, American Pig Dog, and Soldier leaving country (on the last day of course, wouldn't make sense to go as this earlier than that.
I thought you were going as one of my kids so I could pull you around the block in a wagon. lol

Man I knew I had lost some weight over the last year but I thought my Steampunk outfit would still fit but alas it does not. I look like I am drowning in my coat, the shirt is way to baggy and my slacks are loose on me now. Luckily I managed to tweak the outfit so I don't need the coat and I bought a new shirt. As for the slacks I will probably just wear a belt and hope it looks alright. I wish I had more time to finish a few more things on it but I guess it is my fault for not checking the outfit earlier to make sure it still fit properly.

For those of you attending ECCC next weekend... GeekGirlCon is having a flashmob to "Geek & Gamer Girls" on Saturday! Even if you're not a girl... you should join in on the fun! There are two practices, one on Friday and one on Saturday, and the mob starts at 11am. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.