Abridged Shenanigans

It still bugs me that they called them androids when they were clearly cyborgs.
In Japan, pretty sure they are called "Artificial Humans" (AKA Artificial Human #18, etc).

I think in the end though once translated, they just call them all the Androids because it's easier, since the only ones that were formerly human were 17, 18, and 20. All the rest were fully robotic, and it sort of breaks the flow when you name them by numbers if you go from someone like Android 16 (who is a full robot) to something like Cyborg 17. BTW, any of you guys see that 17 is returning as a good guy in Dragonball Super?

Actually, if it's okay for me to go off on a tangent for a second, since there really isn't a regular Dragonball thread...

Is it just me or is it kind of funny that over half the roster of the Z Fighters has become reformed villains? I know Tien barely counts, but he was still once a villain back in Dragonball. Also, taking Roshi over someone like Gotenks? Are they insane?

fade

Staff member
Well, only 2 of them where cyborgs (well, 3 if you count the doc's brain), and i guess Gero didn't want to break his naming sequence.
Well, yeah, but by "them" I was referring to the two in the paintings.

Well, yeah, but by "them" I was referring to the two in the paintings.
Yes, but like mentioned, it be weird to call something Android 16 and then Cyborg 17 and 18, only to then go back to Android 19 and then Cyborg 20. They keep the name because it's easier to keep them part of that line of droids that has gone back since the RRA.

BTW, any of you guys see that 17 is returning as a good guy in Dragonball Super?
According 2 the wikis i visited, he was resurrected by the balls after they beat Cell.

Is it just me or is it kind of funny that over half the roster of the Z Fighters has become reformed villains? I know Tien barely counts, but he was still once a villain back in Dragonball. Also, taking Roshi over someone like Gotenks? Are they insane?
Yamcha was an antagonist too. And Krillin was kind of an ass at the start.

And Roshi got retconned i guess, since in Rez F Tien says they didn't bring Yamcha and Chaotzu coz its 2 dangerous, while they both should be way more powerful the Demon King Picollo (saibamen had to suicide 2 get Yamcha etc), which Roshi couldn't beat.

I mean, we are talking about a culture that calls underwear "pants." They get a lot of things mixed up.
As ScytheRexx points out, they where called "Artificial Humans" there, so its not their fault...

The frowning the second Brock talks? Amazing.

"IS THAT FUCKING FRIEZA!?"

I thought nothing would beat the One Punch Man one, but wow...