a Trump vs Clinton United States Presidential Election in 2016

Who do you vote into the office of USA President?

• Total voters
I really don't understand the RNC. They say they hate abortions, but they keep supporting Trump. Gotta take this one to term, lads.
We're already seeing a lot of news stations talking about what exactly happens if Trump drops out. Basically, the RNC gets to decide.

Dave

Staff member
Nope. And whomever they choose will mostly likely not be on the ballots because it's too late.[DOUBLEPOST=1475962713,1475962688][/DOUBLEPOST]So in some states, Hillary will be running unopposed other than write-ins.

Has there been a major party candidate switch/drop this close to the election before?

This is so nuts to me. Part of me wonders if this intentional self-sabotage on Trump's part; that tweet seems particularly unconcerned.

Has there been a major party candidate switch/drop this close to the election before?

This is so nuts to me. Part of me wonders if this intentional self-sabotage on Trump's part; that tweet seems particularly unconcerned.
Well back when he first started running some people pointed out his connections to the Democratic Party and support of the Clintons and built a little conspiracy theory that he was running to throw the race to Hillary. So break out the tinfoil hats?

Well back when he first started running some people pointed out his connections to the Democratic Party and support of the Clintons and built a little conspiracy theory that he was running to throw the race to Hillary. So break out the tinfoil hats?
If that was true, it still only worked because Trump successfully predicted that people would vote for him instead of a real candidate. What does that say about the Republican electorate?

Nope. And whomever they choose will mostly likely not be on the ballots because it's too late.[DOUBLEPOST=1475962713,1475962688][/DOUBLEPOST]So in some states, Hillary will be running unopposed other than write-ins.
No, the Libertarians are all all 50 state ballots (+ DC), so there will always be someone.

Zappit

Staff member
Trump won't drop out. He surrounds himself with sycophants who are likely telling him this can be fixed. He's an egomaniacal narcissist. He believes what he said is fine because he said it and he's always right. He cannot process that he does anything wrong. Losing a billion dollars in one year makes him a genius. Not paying any taxes makes him smart. Stiffing hundreds of contractors makes him a good businessman. Sucking up to Putin makes him a patriot. Violating the Cuba embargo makes him a good capitalist. Sexual assault and harassment makes him a legendary ladies man. The concept of self-help is misconstrued as "help yourself." He's a straight-up sociopath.

This man is going to implode at the next debate. He's promising to bring up Bill's affairs. Whenever he makes a mistake, he sometimes gives a half-assed apology and immediately proceeds to double-down. It's going to be a one man clusterfuck on that stage, and Hillary probably won't have to do more than stand there as he loses his twisted little mind.

No, the Libertarians are all all 50 state ballots (+ DC), so there will always be someone.
If there's a bunch of places where it's just Clinton vs Johnson, then I withdraw my earlier reservations on Republican party recovery.[DOUBLEPOST=1475968735,1475968564][/DOUBLEPOST]I see Minnesota is trying to drop him from the ballot. I'm not sure how they can just do that though.

And there go my female relatives already playing Trump apologist and saying dumb shit. *headdesk, headdesk*

I almost want my mom to say something about Bill to me, so I can point out how many voters couldn't actually vote then, regardless of what they did or did not know about him.

More likely I'll continue ignoring all of my relatives political posts, because it is not worth my time.

Oh yeah, Trump's not going to abandon ship. Even if he had no ads, no debates, and no voters, he'd still keep going. I'm sure at some point he'll contract someone to write a book about this that'll sell millions, but he won't pay the ghost writer at all.

Trump is going to double down tomorrow though, and it's going to be fucking ugly. He'll only impress his rabid base I'm sure, but it's going to be a shit show. I doubt the GOP will be able to stop him from being himself. There's no way he's going to step down, he doesn't give a fuck.

Trump is going to double down tomorrow though, and it's going to be fucking ugly. He'll only impress his rabid base I'm sure, but it's going to be a shit show. I doubt the GOP will be able to stop him from being himself. There's no way he's going to step down, he doesn't give a fuck.
I hope he is at his Trumpiest for the next four weeks.

Zappit

Staff member
He's got nothing left to lose now. He'll say any fool thing he wants to without apology.

I really want this November to be a true shit-kicking for the Republican Party. They created this monster. They cultivated the mob that supports him. They decided to embrace the most fanatic members of the Tea Party And let's face it, they fucking suck at government. Let them get their asses handed to them, and see if they learn something from it.

Oh yeah, Trump's not going to abandon ship. Even if he had no ads, no debates, and no voters, he'd still keep going. I'm sure at some point he'll contract someone to write a book about this that'll sell millions, but he won't pay the ghost writer at all.
And then, a year after the book's released and 11 months after its sold its last copy, he'll be talking to a reporter, he'll look them dead in the eye, and claim he never ran for President.

Dave

Staff member
Here's the part that I think is funny. Say for the sake of chaos that Trump somehow still pulls in his deplorables and wins. Can you just imagine the revenge wave he's going to unleash on the republican party? This is a small-minded, petty, vindictive man who internalizes every slight and holds grudges so long that their expiration dates reset and become relevant again. He'd be so busy trying to get revenge that he'd forget that he's supposed to be running the country.

So it looks like Guliani is the only spokesperson still loyal to Trump. He's replaced everyone else's tv appearances today.

Dave

Staff member
So it looks like Guliani is the only spokesperson still loyal to Trump. He's replaced everyone else's tv appearances today.
Oh no, that's so not true. Now the republicans are starting to come out of the woodwork. You know what their justification is? That women bought 50 Shades of Grey. So, you know, they must want it, right?

Wish I were kidding.

Oh no, that's so not true. Now the republicans are starting to come out of the woodwork. You know what their justification is? That women bought 50 Shades of Grey. So, you know, they must want it, right?

Wish I were kidding.

Wish I were kidding.
No they didn't. Thats ridiculous. Stop joking around.

There's no way bringing this shit up will look good in the debates tonight. At best he can try to equate himself with someone who isn't running for president in a 'we're equally shitty' way. Even if trying to claim that Hilary enabled Bill, you're attacking the wronged wife. You want to lose even more voters?

I almost feel for Ted Cruz here. Your party got played so hard. Maybe if you didn't rely on bigots and worse for your power though, it wouldn't be this bad.

Last edited: