a Trump vs Clinton United States Presidential Election in 2016

Who do you vote into the office of USA President?

• Total voters
Mormons beware, apparently.
Utah is only 5 electoral votes. If the election is that close and Trump loses at 265 electoral votes having lost Utah, then sure, maybe the party will have a bone to pick with the LDS church.

But as unlikely as that is, the more likely outcome is that both clinton and trump lose utah, neither gets 270, and therefore the house gets to choose.

And the odds of that happening are very low, at 1.3%.

The chance of trump winning without Utah is very, very low - particularly because he's currently standing at a 77% chance of winning Utah:

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/election-update-yes-donald-trump-has-a-path-to-victory/

Rather the occasional Terriking than Trump.

Anyway, anyone whose moral compass is guided by the Bible should vehemently oppose Trump. And Clinton, too, really. Neither's moral enough to be worth endorsing if you're interested in Christian values.

Besides, this would hardly be the first time the politicians didn't like something members of the LDS church did due to their beliefs. Despite the limitations to religious freedom that are currently imposed and those people are trying to push, I'd be very surprised if we saw anything like the extermination order again.

Necronic

Staff member
Besides, this would hardly be the first time the politicians didn't like something members of the LDS church did due to their beliefs. Despite the limitations to religious freedom that are currently imposed and those people are trying to push, I'd be very surprised if we saw anything like the extermination order again.

I had never heard about that...that is extremely disturbing.

Michigan is still #2 in being the tipping point for this election with a 10% chance of being the tipping point (Florida at 18%), but the voting power dropped from #3 to #5, so my vote is now only worth 2.9 votes* in states where the race is pretty much a foregone conclusion.

*A complete and utter misrepresentation of the numbers at 538, but it sounds funny so I'mma say it anyway.

You'd hope we'd have long moved passed that. Sadly, I'm fairly sure there's a significant portion of the populace who'd be OK with a similar order with regards to Islam.
We don't have to have an order for it to essentially be true for large parts of the black community. Oppression and murder abound.[DOUBLEPOST=1478117106,1478116925][/DOUBLEPOST]Also the LGBT community, and that's in the US.

Go to china or north Korea, or perhaps be a Christian in an isis dominated area...

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...ape-break-silence-article-1.2855631?cid=bitly

Why don't more women come forward?

Because nearly every crazy in the entire country then threatens to murder/rape/whatever them.
That being said, it is possible that case is a hoax. It been handled very oddly by her attorneys. http://jezebel.com/heres-how-that-wild-lawsuit-accusing-trump-of-raping-a-1782447083
There is not much verifiable info, including if this girl even exists, other then that her old legal representation seems to have been mostly trying to sell her story to tabloids. And I think I read her new legal team is crowd funded, so that doesn't exactly make this look any less like a grift.

I would not be surprised if Trump regularly used underage hookers and abused them. It completely aligns with what I think of him. But just because a story is horrible and could be true doesn't mean it is.

Last edited:

GasBandit

Staff member
Those who crow about the "thousands of hours" wasted investigating Clinton without resulting in a conviction would probably have their head explode if they applied the same standards to Trump.

Too big a decision based on too little verified information, and both candidates have long since stopped talking about policy and what they're going to do, and simply talk about how bad the other person is and what the other person will do horribly if they win.[DOUBLEPOST=1478198149,1478198043][/DOUBLEPOST]
How many regular prosecutors count as a special?
For that matter, how many are criminal cases vs civil litigation?

Interesting thought experiment - what happens if Clinton is indicted at various stages between now and inauguration:

http://lawnewz.com/high-profile/her...if-hillary-clinton-is-indicted-or-steps-down/

One thing I didn't know is that it's fairly settled that a president cannot be impeached for offenses they committed before stepping into office. So if she is not convicted by the time she enters office, she pretty much is immune from any further repercussions of her past actions. She can, of course, then protect her friends and family from any further prosecution or trials.

One nice thing about this election is that it's really brought out the corner cases and shed a lot of light, for me, on the presidential seat.